Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GledTheRed

He's played 3 brilliant matches for us so far, and we paid over 30 million pounds. So far, that is terrible. But yeah he's 19, still has enough years to make that fee worthy.
Which he clearly will, his talent undeniable.

He will get over this period of injury and settling in and become a fantastic left back I'm sure.

ZDwyr

The fact he is injured again is very frustrating. He has shown his quality though, so hopefully over summer he can get his body right.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He arrives less fit than we need him to be > we presumably put him on a more intensive fitness regime than he's used to > he picks up more injuries than usual.

He's a young player, maybe he just needs time to adapt to the increased intensity here?

ottosec

Every time this thread gets bumped I expect to read that he got injured again. :nervous:

Unfortunately that's almost always true. :(

Sylar

Maybe after five years of always suffering injuries, we will review our training methods? Maybe? Especially given players who are picking up injuries werent picking them up at their previous club as frequent as they do with us.

Timdbro

I love how "match rhythm" has now become the official way of saying match fitness. Philosophy :drool:

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Probably an excuse to move Blind back to LB as he was poor in midfield last week.

SirAF

Ageist
feck sake, Shaw is the one I want the most to succeed of the new lads. Gutted with his injuries.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
33 games a season is an awful lot for a 17/18 year old. I wonder if that's played a part?
This is how I see it. He played a lot over the past couple of seasons, then last summer went to Brazil for the World Cup. Though he didn't play much, he'd have been training a lot in circumstances that probably wouldn't exactly be comfortable to someone who is still pretty new in senior football. After that he decided to cut his holiday short to join our pre-season tour, van Gaal wasn't happy with his fitness and put him on an intense program, then over the course of the season he'd have been taking part in the regular double training sessions van Gaal does... I think all that would have put way too much strain on his body, explaining the number of injuries he's had this season compared to previously in his career. What he needs more than anything is a good rest this summer and come back to next season better for it, but unfortunately he'll be with the England U21s

Thisistheone

8 seperate injuries this season apparently. Hopefully it's just one of those things and next season we get a full campaign out of him. His potential is massive.

Raw

A long summer without football should set him right, he was at the World Cup last summer which may have played a part.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let's not forget his body is still growing, could be a reason he keeps getting muscle injuries.

::sonny::

He is injury prone like Jones, Evans and Rafael

I think it's due to their bad life-style.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It's pretty shitty that England will be taking him to the Under 21 world cup considering that he looks like he's in need of a rest. Why risk a player becoming injury prone just to try and win a competition of no real importance

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe after five years of always suffering injuries, we will review our training methods? Maybe? Especially given players who are picking up injuries werent picking them up at their previous club as frequent as they do with us.
Have we had the same training methods across the three different managers we had in those five years?

Sylar

Have we had the same training methods across the three different managers we had in those five years?
I doubt it. Didnt Moyes do training without a football or something? Anyway, maybe all the players are being worked too hard. All three managers seem strict (though its probably been worse last few years and getting worse).

Either way, you would think this will be reviewed within a club as big as ours and methods would be looked at. You hardly see the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern, even Chelsea suffer as many injuries as we do.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I doubt it. Didnt Moyes do training without a football or something? Anyway, maybe all the players are being worked too hard. All three managers seem strict (though its probably been worse last few years and getting worse).

Either way, you would think this will be reviewed within a club as big as ours and methods would be looked at. You hardly see the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern, even Chelsea suffer as many injuries as we do.
You'd hope so. You should pop Ed Woodward an email, just in case this hasn't occurred to them yet.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Bayern's had it worse than us in terms of injuries this year

Sylar

Bayern's had it worse than us in terms of injuries this year
But how many years running has that happened? Granted yeah they might have beaten Dortmund had they had their first team, but this year seems more than a freak than anything for them. Might be wrong but cant remember it happening to them before. (especially in terms of volume of players)

starman

Fergie talked about Henderson's running style would give him lots of injury problems....

I think that could actually apply for Shaw and his fat arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.