Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldyella

I think excellent is pushing it, be he did well, especially compared to how the majority of the team performed.

Devil may care

Big night for him tomorrow, with Tony V out and Darmian not travelling I expect Young to start at RB, meaning Shaw should start at LB but I have a horrible feeling Mourinho will start fecking Rojo.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Big night for him tomorrow, with Tony V out and Darmian not travelling I expect Young to start at RB, meaning Shaw should start at LB but I have a horrible feeling Mourinho will start fecking Rojo.
Yep, I'm expecting either Rojo or Darmian. I expect Mourinho doesn't think Shaw is ready for two games in short succession yet. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Andersons Dietician

Yep, I'm expecting either Rojo or Darmian. I expect Mourinho doesn't think Shaw is ready for two games in short succession yet. Hopefully I'm wrong.
I’m thinking the same, certainly don’t think he would want to play him again this soon after playing Wednesday. I would expect Rojo at LB but he might opt for a different RB option.

Dobbs

Surely not. Mourinho has even said publically that Rojo is a crap left back.

Yet I think you're maybe right.

saivet

Darmian and Blind not travelled with the squad.

Bolal7700

Ashley to right back. Shaw straight in at left back. Both definitely better options than darmian/rojo

Devil may care

The thing is Rojo has been out a long time as well and is easing back in and he played the full game the other night as well, so if Jose uses the excuse that Shaw can't play 2 in a row it will ring hollow.

Surely not. Mourinho has even said publically that Rojo is a crap left back.

Yet I think you're maybe right.
That's what makes it so strange, Jose was honest about Rojo being a poor LB so to opt for him in a big match like this is going to be another knock to Shaw's confidence, when in truth he deserves a chance and some faith after his recent performances.

Kostov

If the reports are correct about bringing this kid from Fulham and we sell Shaw after his promising comeback this last few games, it would seriously decrease the trust I have in Jose.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
if He starts Rojo over Shaw then he’s a fecking idiot.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If the reports are correct about bringing this kid from Fulham and we sell Shaw after his promising comeback this last few games, it would seriously decrease the trust I have in Jose.
I don’t think that Sessegon will play at left back for much longer. His future lies further forward (like Bale). He’s an incredible talent for his age.

If we buy him and sell Shaw, we will still need another left back.

Dobbs

The thing is Rojo has been out a long time as well and is easing back in and he played the full game the other night as well, so if Jose uses the excuse that Shaw can't play 2 in a row it will ring hollow.

That's what makes it so strange, Jose was honest about Rojo being a poor LB so to opt for him in a big match like this is going to be another knock to Shaw's confidence, when in truth he deserves a chance and some faith after his recent performances.
Yeah it simply can't happen.

I though in the derby being more worried about Walker than trying to get at Delph summed us up.

This would be another selection that characterises the team at this point. Let's go with two attacking fullbacks for once and take the game to them.

Kostov

I don’t think that Sessegon will play at left back for much longer. His future lies further forward (like Bale). He’s an incredible talent for his age.

If we buy him and sell Shaw, we will still need another left back.
I agree about Sessegnon, I think the kid is very talented and I hope we bring him nonetheless, it was more to do with the report about Shaw leaving. I think he should be given a chance till the end of the season, he clearly is more committed and attitude wise he is spot on.

Robindinho

Surely gotta be starting tonight? Literally the only one who turned up against Bristol so on that alone shouldn’t be dropped. Would be brainless playing Rojo there - especially against Mahrez/Gray.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Yeah, for me, on current form it has to be Young RB, Luke keeps his place.

Oscie

I don't get why he's a left back in all honesty. He's a competent defender but his biggest asset is what he offers going forward. Bale started his career as a left back too, didn't it? Maybe there's an entire generation of lost attacking talent because someone decided that if you possess speed and great attacking threat you should be a defender.

acnumber9

I don't get why he's a left back in all honesty. He's a competent defender but his biggest asset is what he offers going forward. Bale started his career as a left back too, didn't it? Maybe there's an entire generation of lost attacking talent because someone decided that if you possess speed and great attacking threat you should be a defender.
In 100 Premier League appearances he’s got three assists and zero goals. Where else could he play? Or are you talking about Sessegnon?

Oscie

In 100 Premier League appearances he’s got three assists and zero goals. Where else could he play? Or are you talking about Sessegnon?
You only have to watch him play to see that when he bombs forward he's a threat. I don't see how anyone can watch the lad for more than 5 minutes and conclude he doesn't have the potential to be extremely useful in an attacking sense because on paper his assist stats haven't been good so far.

acnumber9

You only have to watch him play to see that when he bombs forward he's a threat. I don't see how anyone can watch the lad for more than 5 minutes and conclude he doesn't have the potential to be extremely useful in an attacking sense because on paper his assist stats haven't been good so far.
He’s not getting marked as a full back so bombing forward is a little easier from that position. He’s not a particularly good crosser and he’s not tricky. I don’t see what it is that would make him a good attacker short of being quick.

Litch

Glad he's back but the world of full backs now are as much more about creating as stopping goals. Even prior to the injury, never seen enough assists tbh.

Big game for him. He's been suspect defensively but no denying his pace makes things difficult for opponents, especially ones like Burnley who won't test us much at the other end.

midnightmare

Big game for him. He's been suspect defensively but no denying his pace makes things difficult for opponents, especially ones like Burnley who won't test us much at the other end.
Famous last words. Feels insane that I’m saying this but he’s suffering for having to play behind the absolutely atrocious Rashford. Could add a lot more if the guy ahead showed evidence of even half a brain.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's good defensively but doesn't offer anything when he's got the ball in attacking positions. Can't cross, doesn't make those incisive forward passes Young makes. Needs to work on that a lot.

Ludens the Red

Thought he was good again, lasted the 90 and didnt look tired, delivery could have been better but we're so bad at attacking balls in the box, not sure it'd have made any difference if his crosses were good.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Solid 6 out of 10, did his job defensively, used the ball well enough, didn't offer a lot going forward but who did?

Andersons Dietician

Famous last words. Feels insane that I’m saying this but he’s suffering for having to play behind the absolutely atrocious Rashford. Could add a lot more if the guy ahead showed evidence of even half a brain.
Actually agree, made lots of options for Rashford and ball higher just decided to take it on himself. Even at times when Shaw was offering to go and overlap Rashford would either run across him or just ignore that Shaw has just ran in to acres of space.

Overall thought Shaw was good again today, one of our best outfield players.

automaticflare

He's good defensively but doesn't offer anything when he's got the ball in attacking positions. Can't cross, doesn't make those incisive forward passes Young makes. Needs to work on that a lot.
This he is as pointless as darmian in a game like today contributed nothing to attack in a game where we did not have to defend at all

marktan

Technically I think he's great, but he's not playing as well as he could be. He needs to be making more offensive runs the way Evra used to do for us. I get that playing with Rashford probably isn't helping and this is only like his 3rd game or whatever, but hopefully it'll come to him with a couple more games. Far better than Darmian/Rojo/Blind at LB though.

He was decent today, I didn't see any defensive mistakes and he was getting forward well. He just had no linkup with Rashford, but then who ever does.

Status
Not open for further replies.