Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had a good game but 2 times he made stupid decision to bring down the ball and lost it. Second time it led to free kick and they scored from that.

Overall he was good though.

Red_toad

Some posters have suggested getting a replacement (rose or Sandro). Bad idea in my view, neither of those targets is an obvious upgrade on Shaw

So we’re not happy with him, but there’s no other player available nor good enough to replace him?

It’s just stupid in this forum yet again, we hit a dip in form and fans want blood, just ridiculous.

Kostov

Well if Mourinho goes on and buys a LB after the last couple of performances by Shaw, then he should stop whining about lack of funds. He has a very good LB prospect in Luke, he should try develop him.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
It changes our animation when we have a real left back at this place;

Having a left back running down the channel, putting some cross and actually helping his winger

He wasnt great but for a second start of the season he s more than ok

Oldyella

His crossing isnt great, but just by running past the wide forward and offering an option it opens up space. Decent defensivly and has improved that aspect each game since coming back into contention. He reminds me of a young Ashley Cole while at Aresenal in a way, not great delivery but can bomb on and pull back from the byline. Sandro would obviously be an upgrade as he is one of the best in the world, but our budget isnt unlimited and he would cost a decent amount. We have more pressing concerns imo. If we do need to sign a LB, would prefer the cheaper Sessegnon and let him and Shaw cover LB until Sessegnon converts to the wing.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
His crossing isnt great, but just by running past the wide forward and offering an option it opens up space. Decent defensivly and has improved that aspect each game since coming back into contention. He reminds me of a young Ashley Cole while at Aresenal in a way, not great delivery but can bomb on and pull back from the byline. Sandro would obviously be an upgrade as he is one of the best in the world, but our budget isnt unlimited and he would cost a decent amount. We have more pressing concerns imo. If we do need to sign a LB, would prefer the cheaper Sessegnon and let him and Shaw cover LB until Sessegnon converts to the wing.
He already is! He's been playing an attacking mid role for Fulham all season, there's no need to convert

Godfather

Already better than any other alternative we have at LB (bar Young) just by overlapping the winger from time to time.

meamth

"he can't cross"

Bloody hell, Sean Dyche put bodies on the flank just to stop crosses in rather than stopping the player.
In that kind of game, any crosses will turn to shyte.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
"he can't cross"

Bloody hell, Sean Dyche put bodies on the flank just to stop crosses in rather than stopping the player.
In that kind of game, any crosses will turn to shyte.
Exactly, you got 7-8 defenders in the box with Mata and Lukaku in the box. Its the easiest defending ever for Burnley's defence whoever is crossing it.

Although tbf his crossing has never been that good. But he also never looked to cross that much in the past. He much prefers a cut back to the top of the box or he looks for a ground pass/cross into the box rather than whipping it in high.

MadMike

I don't know what people expected of Shaw, he was never a good crosser of the ball. He is better at taking players on, entering the box and either playing it low across the box or cutting it back. Curling high crosses was never his game.

I thought he played well yesterday, within the parameters of the game. Got forward a lot, became an option, was solid defensively. He still has some ways to go, but I don't personally see a problem with him being given a lot of playing time between now and the end of the season so we can better assess his progress. I'd rather minutes go to him than Blind or Darmian, who I don't rate.

SER19

Even though yesterday wasn't his best, it's still our best option. Thought he was good and feel he can offer more with a sustained run

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So overrated on here, his final ball is terrible. Rose is twice the player Shaw is.
Apart from yesterday's game, I've seen a lot of Spurs games since Rose came back from injury and he has been poor as well. There are more than two left backs in the world. I'd rather us go for someone different than Rose for £50M.

Frank Grimes

Apart from yesterday's game, I've seen a lot of Spurs games since Rose came back from injury and he has been poor as well. There are more than two left backs in the world. I'd rather us go for someone different than Rose for £50M.
Just using Rose as an example of the calibre of player we need. I don't rate Shaw highly, never have.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just using Rose as an example of the calibre of player we need. I don't rate Shaw highly, never have.
Fair enough you don’t rate shaw you’ve got your reasons, but Rose is nothing special either, he’s a jack of all trades and is already in his prime, he will only be getting worse now so he’s not what we need.

meamth

Exactly, you got 7-8 defenders in the box with Mata and Lukaku in the box. Its the easiest defending ever for Burnley's defence whoever is crossing it.

Although tbf his crossing has never been that good. But he also never looked to cross that much in the past. He much prefers a cut back to the top of the box or he looks for a ground pass/cross into the box rather than whipping it in high.
I know he isn't that good with crosses, but people here are expecting him to have Beckam-like delivery and that is upsetting.
What he lacked for it, he makes up for it with other qualities. (Pace, upper body strength, surging runs, cut back crosses, sometimes shots).
If he perfected his tools, he is already world class.

That game against Burnley, even Ashley Young had a hard time.

ZupZup

I think Shaw has done well enough recently to warrant a run of games. Which is absolutely what he needs if he is to reach his potential.

I think we should persevere with him for the rest of the season. He certainly doesn’t deserve to be dropped in favour of Darmian, Blind or Rojo. Shaw at least has a chance to be good enough.

Mr.Plow

He's so rigid, I've met tin men with more flexibility than him. There were so many times yesterday where he had to delay the cross to get his feet / body into shape. It's like everyone else has FIFA 18 animations and he's from PES 2008.

MadMike

I think Shaw has done well enough recently to warrant a run of games. Which is absolutely what he needs if he is to reach his potential.

I think we should persevere with him for the rest of the season. He certainly doesn’t deserve to be dropped in favour of Darmian, Blind or Rojo. Shaw at least has a chance to be good enough.
That's exactly where I am with him. Considering how underwhelming the other options are, I see no harm in giving him game time to see how much he can progress. I don't see the point in bringing a LB in January to then complain all the way till summer that he doesn't have chemistry with the team yet and needs a pre-season and yada, yada, yada. Come the end of the season Mourinho will have a more informed opinion on whether he can stick with Shaw or sell him and upgrade on him. And so will the fans.

Frank Grimes

Prime Rose wasn't worth 50m pounds, never mind this version. Combine that with his fitness record, and yeah he is not what we need.
I think he is certainly a better player than Shaw. Also as I stated before we need improvement at left back, not necessarily Rose and not necessarily have to pay 50m.(unlikely we sign a 50m FB after Jose's recent comments about city anyway)

TheForgottenOne

He's so rigid, I've met tin men with more flexibility than him. There were so many times yesterday where he had to delay the cross to get his feet / body into shape. It's like everyone else has FIFA 18 animations and he's from PES 2008.
Obviously. His power is his strong point. Strong body and very good acceleration, which helps him both offensively as defensively. Very strong for a player of his size. Can't expect him to be light on his feet like a player like Coutinho. He is a left back, not some creative player that is used to play in short spaces.

I think he did fairly well and will improve if he gets the chance to play more games and get used to the level op play again. Give him some confidence and I am sure he will show he is an asset.

Can't really judge on a game vs Burnley, that went ahead after a minute. They were ultra defensive and played very compact. Shaw's strenghts lie in his speed and acceleration, which are rendered less valuable when there is no space against such a defensive team. Against teams like Southampton and Everton, our next opponents, the spaces will be bigger and there will be more room for Shaw to excell. I hope he gets at least one start in those matches.

meamth

Obviously. His power is his strong point. Strong body and very good acceleration, which helps him both offensively as defensively. Very strong for a player of his size. Can't expect him to be light on his feet like a player like Coutinho. He is a left back, not some creative player that is used to play in short spaces.

I think he did fairly well and will improve if he gets the chance to play more games and get used to the level op play again. Give him some confidence and I am sure he will show he is an asset.

Can't really judge on a game vs Burnley, that went ahead after a minute. They were ultra defensive and played very compact. Shaw's strenghts lie in his speed and acceleration, which are rendered less valuable when there is no space against such a defensive team. Against teams like Southampton and Everton, our next opponents, the spaces will be bigger and there will be more room for Shaw to excell. I hope he gets at least one start in those matches.
Spot on...where to run if there's no space?
when 11 man is sitting in their half..what choice do you have?
Shaw is far from rigid, in previous games he made surging runs better than any of our left backs did.

automaticflare

For all the praise that he is get getting, I didn't think he was that good yesterday.
Agree

He didn't have to do any defending at all and had a tonne of ball and free space with which he done nothing

The way the game panned out he was essentially a free man for the most part and failed to capitalize on it whatsoever

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's been very good over the past few games. Maybe there is still a chance he came make a career here.

Status
Not open for further replies.