Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldyella

Completely ran out of steam at around 70 min mark.
Yeah, looked knackered. Which I guess would be fair enough as he hasnt played a lot of football, but it honestly seemed like 7 or 8 of them were the same, not sure what condition work we do but we never appear as fit as other sides.

Alabaster Codify7

Bang average. If Jose decides to sell him I wouldn't mind, personally I think he's destined for a career at a club like Leicester or Everton, which is his true level.

However, he's better than our other options for LB (which is scary in itself) and is English. Therefore, I'd prefer us to sell Blind and Darmian and keep Shaw as backup.....if he rediscovers his old form and displaces our new LB, brilliant. If he doesn't, no harm done.

Fracture90

He was good in the first half, but 2nd half he dropped which coincides with the fact that in the 2nd half he played closer to Mourinho.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
His last two games opened my eyes about him. He is just solid left back. Nothing more and nothing else. Good backup player . But having young there, we should sell him and buy united level first left back. Rose or sandro. Comparing him to young and valencia he is far away from them. He is more old fashion left back who will cross the ball if he has space and will stick to his position. Was against buying left back but we need better than shaw.

Fracture90

His last two games opened my eyes about him. He is just solid left back. Nothing more and nothing else. Good backup player . But having young there, we should sell him and buy united level first left back. Rose or sandro. Comparing him to young and valencia he is far away from them. He is more old fashion left back who will cross the ball if he has space and will stick to his position. Was against buying left back but we need better than shaw.
Sandro is dreadful for Juve this season, I mean so bad he isn't even playing at all.

Kostov

I think you are overrating Young and Valencia personally. Shaw can surpass them both if given chance.

ZAGREB RED

Shaw looks more than a little short on confidence just now, a bit like more than a few other United players. I do wonder if he is going to fulfill that early potential he showed at Southampton. I hope he does, obviously.
Whether it happens at United or elsewhere is another question entirely. He certainly isn't one of Jose's favourites anyway.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I think people forget how good he was when he came back from injury last season before getting made a scapegoat after the Watford game, this forum was full of praise for him.
Then he didn’t quite get tight enough to his man in a game where he was in no way the worse united player and he gets hung out to dry by a manager looking for some one to blame.

johanovic

Luke Shaw did something yesterday that many must not have noticed, I´m talking about the inswinging low ground cross that any decent attack should have buried when it came into the box. The boy has that in his locker and he was really flying before his leg was broken in 2 places. Many do not recover at all after this and perhaps Shaw needs a little support because had we scored from this wonderful cross of his yesterday the talk would be different about him today. The problem is we are hopeless in attack at the moment, the lack of movement is staggering and there seems to be no attacking plan in hand. We are hoofing the ball up the field most of the time and Matic and Pobga are so slow in that teams are passing around us like we are not there. Leaving Martial on the bench is something I do not understand as he´s the only one that can take a man on and win 1 vs 1 postions. Bring back Roy Keane as part of the coaching staff ( I dunno that will not happen) and let him have a go at this lot, that would be a joy to see. Many of them seem to be not bothered at all. Recall Fosu-Mensah, give Tuanzebe a chance and even young Gomes as he can hardly be worse than Mikitaryan and see if they can spark some life into the team, at least they would be giving more than many of the current first team. Mourinho is so right in stating we need better players and it will be interesting to see what happens in January.

PaulRich

Not outstanding at the minute but sold enough and for me doing enough for a run in the side and hopefully prove he has a future here.

binary bot
Breath of fresh air at left back. Creating lots of space on our left with his runs.

Andersons Dietician

Aye he’s looked really good. Can’t even remember the last time any of our fullbacks picked out a ball like he did for Martial and Just attacking space, it’s great to see. He’s also been good defensively, hopefully this puts and end to the Rose rumours.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He's been great, all things considered and put in a few good crosses too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His link up play is very good, his final pass/cross is not very good but his overall passing is very good

JohnnyKills

Best performance in a United shirt today for me. He's got the LB/LWB slot locked down barring injury.

Art Vandelay

Wee bit sloppy at times, but a good performance over all. I don't think he's fully fit yet and hopefully he can build on this or at least keep up this level for the rest of the season. If he does that he will save us some money in the summer.

starman

Has all the talent to cement the spot for years. Just needs to stay fit. Very disappointed if we let him go and bring Rose in

marktan

Intensity not quite there but technically he's always been very good and am glad he's getting games now, even if it's just because everyone else is injured.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Great game it makes a change to have a full back that can attack and actually put a decent ball in.

JoaquinJoaquin

Think he has played well again. His forward runs still aren't there, but he is playing that well defensively it doesn't even matter so much.

acnumber9

I thought he was shite on Saturday but fair play to him he played very well today.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What a difference is to to see a natural left back playing in that position, who can overlap and give us some width. I am not his biggest fan, but he is by far our best option in that position.

ash_86

Talent was always there and everyone knows that. He's starting to prove that he could be a regular starter

Nick7

Another good performance. He looks to have worked a lot on his passing and link up play which will be important. Never really hidden it but I'm a huge fan of his and hope we keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.