Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

The parents brigade are back :lol:

Very few are blaming Luke Shaw for a leg break, the reality is that we are not a club that carries people because we feel sad for them (that's Arsenal). Either you perform or you're out. Hopefully Luke Shaw performs because then we'll be able to add to other positions on the pitch.
Phil Jones, Owen Hargreaves, Gary Neville,Rio, Vidic,Anderson we’ve carried plenty of players.

He is the best LB at the club and Jose has said this previously as well. What we need to see is him do it on a consistent basis. If the rest of this year is him playing back up to Ashley then that’s fine as long as he will get frequent games. Would rather nurse him back than throw him to the wolves.

MadMike

Did I offend you with my comments? Sorry if you were one of then ones who listened to the shite by Mourinho and were jumping on a player who was coming back from a couple of bad injuries.
Well that made no sense.

MAME DIOUF 32

This is encouraging. Even if Young's the better option now, he's in his 30s and isn't a long term answer. A fit Shaw is a very good replacement.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Great to see him back in the mix again. Hopefully we score some goals and get a comfortable lead early so that we can give him some more minutes today.
Isn't often that Mourinho makes changes in defence during games unless forced to. McTominay, Zlatan and Martial will be the most likely changes - even if we're cruising.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Isn't often that Mourinho makes changes in defence during games unless forced to. McTominay, Zlatan and Martial will be the most likely changes - even if we're cruising.
I’d prefer Shaw also get 25 mins

Nick7

He did a fair few of them in his first match back. Either way he was a much more defensive full back in his first season with us.

Andersons Dietician

Wish he would make more of the forward runs that made him look so good pre injury. Now he just seems so reluctant to go forward.
True, but that’s what got him in trouble with Jose in the first place. Good ball he just won and played in to Rashford tho. Has looked solid tonight, kinda needs to be pulling up trees right now tho.

JoaquinJoaquin

True, but that’s what got him in trouble with Jose in the first place. Good ball he just won and played in to Rashford tho. Has looked solid tonight, kinda needs to be pulling up trees right now tho.
I think he has played well tonight don't get me wrong, but I think he looks better and adds more to the team when he bursts forward. Feels like he is being kind of stifled at the moment.

Andersons Dietician

I think he has played well tonight don't get me wrong, but I think he looks better and adds more to the team when he bursts forward. Feels like he is being kind of stifled at the moment.
Totally agree, I just don’t think Jose likes having he, Pogba and Martial on that side. Because Pogba does love a wonder and often just abandons the shape.
Was hoping we’d go 343 tonight to give him more of that freedom.

Virror

looks good going forward, but not very good in his own end. Needs to start looking around him, always leaves someone open behind

el3mel

Excellent performance tonight. He's turning the tide on and I'm very pleased to be proven wrong about him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His final ball is still awful. His crossing was garbage tonight. His pace and movement were good, and he made some great challenges high up the pitch, but he still needs to work a great deal on what he does with the ball when he gets in to attacking positions. There were a few occasions where players were screaming for him to overlap and he didn't. He still doesn't seem to know where he needs to be out there.

Still infinitely better than Darmian, however.

Sylar

Another good game. think he needs Young to have a dip in form or get injured unfortunately to get a run of games in the league. but hes looking much fitter now.

El Jefe

Only player that seemed like he was up for it as much as the Bristol players.

Hope he can stay fit.

champp1nho

Well done again. Improves every game. IMO should be a starter, at least soon(ish) Young's form been going down last games aswell..

engulfing

He looked good. Needs to work on his crossing but he looks sharpish. We can now afford to give young more of a break. Valencia on the other hand we have no cover for.

kundalini

I thought he started poorly but did better as the match progressed. Overall average.

haram

Still not convinced by him. Looks like he isn't switched on all the time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another good performance. Only he Pogba and Mctominay can hold their heads high tonight.

SteveW

Was excellent. Timed his tackles well, passed the ball accurately, covered the CBs at times and never looked short of fitness. Delighted for him. Hope he can keep it up

Robindinho

Thought he was our best player tonight. Good to see him looking fitter - hopefully starts on Saturday with Young moving to RB (assuming Valencia is out).

ti vu

Really grasp his chance well now being introduced back into the team. Physquiely fitter too. With Valencia out injured and Young being shifted to to the right side, if he can keep up this rate, he may get back as a starter.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Should now be our starter, but you just know he won't be.

Red_toad

Should now be our starter, but you just know he won't be.
To be honest Young has been better, one of the few players who deserves his place in the team. Matic, Pogba & Young have been very consistent for the team this season and all deserve to be automatic picks while they're form is good.
Good game by Luke tonight, hope Jose appreciated it, as he'll not be a happy bunny after seeing some of his players just not turn up at all.

Jaybomb

Were you guys watching the same game as I was? His crossing is fecking abysmal. Young is miles ahead of him in this position.

Seanus

Think the praise is a little overdone and symptomatic of the desire of some to prove Jose wrong rather than a real belief in Shaw
He wasn't bad by any means but nothing more than a solid 6 out of 10. As many have said his crossing is poor-sure I read somewhere he has still not scored it made a goal in his whole career,?
I would be really pleased if he got back to top form but he ain't there yet.

Kostov

Were you guys watching the same game as I was? His crossing is fecking abysmal. Young is miles ahead of him in this position.
He was head and shoulders above everyone in that back line, his crossing wasn't up to the standard required but he will improve with games.

Status
Not open for further replies.