Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan

He’s rubbish. Always has been and no “decent” performance is gonna change my mind.

We live in a world where every young player is overhyped and has “world class potential”... nobody actually considers the fact that they just might turn out to be a massive disappointment. Well, that’s Luke Shaw.

He can’t cross, he’s always out of position, he’s not particularly fast... what does he offer exactly? Because he’s got high potential in FIFA, that automatically means he’s this brilliant player? For fecks sake, wake up.

Classical Mechanic

We've conceded several goals via the left side this season. On top of my mind today and against spurs also the wolves one(albeit little harsh). worried about his defending abilities and his crossing is poor for a modern fullback.
His problem in that regard is that Sanchez and Martial are lazy defenders, thry rarely help him out.

Andersons Dietician

Don’t think he was as good as he has been but blaming him for that first goal is harsh especially when he is covering 2 people, there was a feck up there even before the offside, had to stick with his man until the last second. Kid still got an assist but West Ham due to how slow we worked the ball forward did a good job of doubling up on him whilst for the first half You g had the freedom to do whatever he wanted due to Anderson not going back with him.

Marcelinho87

Has Shaw upped his game this year or has it coincided with the team around him going to shit? Could the downfall of everyone else be making him look semi-decent?

Mcking

We've conceded several goals via the left side this season. On top of my mind today and against spurs also the wolves one(albeit little harsh). worried about his defending abilities and his crossing is poor for a modern fullback.
Costa directly got the better of him I think - against Wolves.

Ashley R1+O

I'm disappointed for him to be honest. In a sense of "lad you've taken a womp there, I want to see a bounce back and really show you're up for it next outing". The only thing I was really worried about was twice in the second half he was just absolutely scorched for pace by Zabaleta of all people, woof. Lad, we can't be having that my word.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agree

Terminator

He's a top top talent and I can't believe the he is getting criticized after maybe one sub-par game where the whole team was atrocious and dysfunctional.

And that it wasn't that poor a game, has an assist to his name and defended decently. Also their first goal has nothing to do with him, everyone but McTominay was holding the offside line and if McT was in sync with the rest would've been a clear offside.

Ekeke

Fullback was our weakness in open play last season as well. And its both sides not just the left.

Having said that McTominay played his man onside, so the fault lies with him there. And then Young doesnt track his man into the box and McTominay doesnt take over when Anderson runs into McTominay's area. Its even more of a cock up by McTominay than Ander's was when he was playing CB and played his man onside.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fullback was our weakness in open play last season as well. And its both sides not just the left.

Having said that McTominay played his man onside, so the fault lies with him there. And then Young doesnt track his man into the box and McTominay doesnt take over when Anderson runs into McTominay's area. Its even more of a cock up by McTominay than Ander's was when he was playing CB and played his man onside.
Nah, he was the best CB yesterday remember :p

Bobski

For all the focus on the defenders we should not ignore that our midfield are garbage at protecting the defense.

el3mel

He's a top top talent and I can't believe the he is getting criticized after maybe one sub-par game where the whole team was atrocious and dysfunctional.

And that it wasn't that poor a game, has an assist to his name and defended decently. Also their first goal has nothing to do with him, everyone but McTominay was holding the offside line and if McT was in sync with the rest would've been a clear offside.
Not one. He has been poor for the last 2 games. I have ignored criticizing him in Wolves game but something need to be said I believe.

He's a decent player who's in ok form this season but there are still flaws in his game.
Personally I would still want a exceptional left back starting for us but would definitely have Shaw as a rotation option.
Two class players vying for the same spot is so sorely lacking with us.

Web of Bissaka

He always have problems when he's up against two players in his area = our LB area.

Notice this before and still is. I guess it comes with experience.

When there is two nearby, and your team-mates doesn't come and help by, an inexperienced player won't know what to do - how I should handle this, who to mark, which one should I get close to, etc.

So in this game, he decides to position himself in a midpoint where he can watch both, and use offside lines to hopefully nullify one of the two. Offside trap doesn't work, and he was a step or two late to stop the cross.

Raven

He’s rubbish. Always has been and no “decent” performance is gonna change my mind.

We live in a world where every young player is overhyped and has “world class potential”... nobody actually considers the fact that they just might turn out to be a massive disappointment. Well, that’s Luke Shaw.

He can’t cross, he’s always out of position, he’s not particularly fast... what does he offer exactly? Because he’s got high potential in FIFA, that automatically means he’s this brilliant player? For fecks sake, wake up.
This is a disgraceful post. Been our best player this season and there you are spouting cliche nonsense to push some form of pro Mourinho agenda.

I've noticed your posts in other threads being equally filled with shite. Are you Mourinho? Maybe his wife?

MAME DIOUF 32

I don't blame him for yesterday. Him, Lindelof and Pogba didn't seem to know who was supposed to be doing what on the left side. Clearly a lack of instruction.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been our best player this season. Even those who disagree would place him in our top 3 performers. Some of the posts above are embarrassing.
He has been one of our better performers this season, still had a couple of very poor games though. Due to his history it's natural that people may have some worries with him.

Ekeke

Been our best player this season. Every fullback has someone get in behind them occasionally - in this case he had 2 players to watch with nobody helping him and McTominay's error played Zabaleta onside. If we had played a half decent CB instead Zabaleta would have been offside. But I guess posters here like to blame Shaw for things after all the fat shaming.

HailtotheKing

Absolutely stunned. He’s been our most consistent player this season. Totally transformed. Even when we were shite at Brighton he shone. Give the kid a break!

Kostov

Personally thought he was poor against West Ham and Wolves.
Costa managed to put through a cross and Moutinho scored with a great finish while the rest of our defense didn't know what were they doing. I'm not saying it is not his fault, but every full back gets beaten to a cross occasionally, and it doesn't constitute a bad game. About West Ham, the whole team was shambles, and if McTominay had done his job, Zabaleta would have been offside, it still was but Scott didn't follow through with the trap. Couple of very poor games is very harsh, and back to the old unjustified bashing he was getting before.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Costa managed to put through a cross and Moutinho scored with a great finish while the rest of our defense didn't know what were they doing. I'm not saying it is not his fault, but every full back gets beaten to a cross occasionally, and it doesn't constitute a bad game. About West Ham, the whole team was shambles, and if McTominay had done his job, Zabaleta would have been offside, it still was but Scott didn't follow through with the trap. Couple of very poor games is very harsh, and back to the old unjustified bashing he was getting before.
Probably but I didn't think he was great defensively or offensively, it wasn't just the goals I had a gripe with, I felt he was less effective in attack than he'd shown in previous games. And I'm not bashing him, just can understand why people have concerns. I'm sure he'll bounce back, he's not the only one in the team having a few shaky games.

Kostov

Probably but I didn't think he was great defensively or offensively, it wasn't just the goals I had a gripe with, I felt he was less effective in attack than he'd shown in previous games. And I'm not bashing him, just can understand why people have concerns. I'm sure he'll bounce back, he's not the only one in the team having a few shaky games.
That's fair.

Minimalist

Thought he was our best player.

Not saying much given I was nearly falling asleep but thumbs up Luke.

marktan

Looks exactly the same to me as he did in Dec/Jan last season, before Mourinho benched him and slagged him off. Completely baffles me sometimes does Mourinho.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Looks exactly the same to me as he did in Dec/Jan last season, before Mourinho benched him and slagged him off. Completely baffles me sometimes does Mourinho.
Yeah, that's the bright spot for me this season, too. Not his form because, like you, I thought he always played well, but the fact that he's now getting a run in the team. I'm happy for him.

Mickson

Sorry, but even though some posts are a little bit over the top, they've got a point. He's not really that good. His goals and assists were pretty much flukes and he's been cought out a couple of times, even against teams like Leicester, Wolves, and especially against Spurs. Imo, he's not really offering that much in the final third either. He's okeyish but it's not like he's Patrice Evra. Our standards have dropped, and that's why people are rating him highly now.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very determined today. Loved when he had a go at our coaching staff/Mourinho when the crowd was urging the team to attack and he had no one coming to take the ball from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.