Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

I seriously think he is the ONLY bright spot of the season, all the other players had get worst but I feel good about Shaw. Under a new manager I think we can finally have the left back we though we bought back in 2014.

marktan

The thing that sticks out for me with Shaw is just his natural ball confidence, it's very hard to dispossess him from it. A very useful outlet to have in tight games.

However he's not dribbling like he used to pre-injury, which is a huge shame. He used to be able to drive to the byline and get a cross in, or make forward runs which he's not really doing any more. I think it's because that's how he sustained his leg break against PSV - running at full stride - and he's now reluctant to do it. Understandable if so, but it's a shame to not see it.

ash_86

The engine on him is Amazing. Rashford was breathless around 60th min but this guy just keep going past him up and down.

gregor

It looked to me like he was trying to win it on his own in last minutes. He was everywhere on that left side. Keep it up Luke.

As others said, our best player alongside Pogba this season.

Last edited:

Kostov

Took our best corner :lol:
Rashford took like 7-8 corners and they were all pathetic attempts, Shaw takes one finds Lukaku instantly, then on the next corner Rashford is back on and regular service resumed. :lol::lol::lol:

I was watching and thinking what the actual feck?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really good performance yesterday from him, his work rate is excellent I can't remember if he's always been like that. He was the only one who looked interested in winning at times, not sure he'll ever be the best LB in the world but he's good enough to be starting for us.

rollingstoned1

I seriously think he is the ONLY bright spot of the season, all the other players had get worst but I feel good about Shaw. Under a new manager I think we can finally have the left back we though we bought back in 2014.
I agree, there haven't been any other positives and he has been the only bright spark this season. Considering where he was 2 months ago I'm happy to see the progress he made and locking down that LB slot.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Confidence has turned him into a completely different player. He takes the initiative, he looks sharp.

Red_toad

Confidence has turned him into a completely different player. He takes the initiative, he looks sharp.
Amazing he's able to rise above what others are showing. Lukaku, Pogba, Matic & Sanchez are all far better players, but seem to be stuck in a rich vein of crap form.

Acole9

Outstanding
Player of the season so far. That corner was better than any other the entire night.

RedCurry

Now to remain as good at everything else and add a proper cross to his skill set. If you play for a top tier team as a fullback, you absolutely have to be able to whip in a pinpoint cross to your centre forwards.

criticalanalysis

Only saw the last 30mins but he played a brilliant first time pass from the edge of the box to Pogba through several Valencia players.

Pogba should have done better with that.

Idxomer

He's very good passer of the ball and in general his technique is great and easy on the eye.

JeffBoomTetris

Shaw would look even better in a more attacking setup. Other managers give your Alonsos, Milners, Mendys, Trippiers not just freedom to join forward but also active instructions.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Needs a bit more variety in his crossing, it's not quite there yet but still, I like having him at LB.
Always been his weakest asset of his game. Defensively and in the build up of attacks I think he's always been great, though. Loving this run he's finally getting in the team!

PaulRich

Looking far far better than he has for a long time and fast staking his claim as the definite go-to at LB

AltiUn

He's having a really good season so far, was good again today. Is it 2019 his contract expires?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He's having a really good season so far, was good again today. Is it 2019 his contract expires?
Yep. We offered a new one in the summer apparently but Shaw turned it down as he said he wanted to prove that he deserved one first. Hopefully new contract is agreed before January.

AltiUn

Yep. We offered a new one in the summer apparently but Shaw turned it down as he said he wanted to prove that he deserved one first. Hopefully new contract is agreed before January.
Wow, very impressive attitude if true.

Based Adnan

Think I've been underrating him on a technical level. His first touch is always on point and he's a good passer. Just needs to improve his crossing but it looks like he's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.