Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Easily the best English defender - he seems to enjoy the art.

Him and Lindelof would make a wonderfully complimentary central partnership for a decade, given the opportunity.

MetoTTT

Another one a lot on here wanted sold. Great defender, can do better going forward and improve his crossing, passing and decisions in the final third. Not world class but quality LB for sure. Hope he'll sign a new contract soon.

Shinjch

Another one a lot on here wanted sold. Great defender, can do better going forward and improve his crossing, passing and decisions in the final third. Not world class but quality LB for sure. Hope he'll sign a new contract soon.
Did he not sign one this season already?

gza the genius

He'll get better offensively. He was pretty much our only bright spark going forward before his injury so he obviously has it in him. He gets very little help defensively on that left side most of the time so getting up the field offensively certainly isn't going to be as easy for him.

Overall he's been great this season, left back is one of the last positions we need to be looking at strengthening.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He was immense Sunday and very good defensively for a while now.

He can do a lot better attacking but in his defence his good runs do often get ignored - that's something I've picked up on recently. Usually Pogba or Martial.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He signed a 5 year extension(?) a few months back.

Fracture90

Just like that, you throw in petty comments using words like “idol” and I am done. Moronic post.
Yeah not like you were defending the guy like you life depended on it and taking that into consideration I really don't know why would you find me calling Mourinho to be your idol to be that bad, except of course in case you're ashamed because of that?

I've started you the reasons as to why Shaw doesn't have many assists, but those reasons no matter how valid doesn't suit your agenda so you ignored them as per usual.

Don’t waste your time.
Still rent-free huh? Love it :drool:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Already signed.

SATA

I can see why he's so highly rated at Soton. Terrific athlete and he has some serious ball skills as well for a leftback. Really wish he could turn into a Gareth Bale on the left wing as he progresses. That free kick to Smalling which resulted in the offside goal was a peach as well, didn't know he had that in him

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not claiming he's amazing at it, but he certainly does more than you give him credit for, but it has a lot to do with our style of play under our previous managers (your idol amongst them as well) and their uber defensive scheme and not allowing their fullbacks to go forward. It's no accident that his crossing and delivery has picked up in this new more attacking model under Ole.
He gets triggered when someone calls Mourinho his idol. That's why he has me on ignore.:lol:

Ekeke

It is kind of funny how in Fergies last few years we heavily favoured the right - with both Nani and Valencia preferring RW. Now it's the polar opposite. If only we had one of them two in their prime to lock down the RW and we'd be in business.
The last time we had a winger who actually played on the right was Valencia in Sir Alex's final season where we won the league, even though he wasnt playing that well

In all the time since, Rashford's little run of playing on the right this season was the only time since then we've played with some width on the right

It makes you wonder why we have persisted with the idea. It clearly hasnt worked for us having a "RW" who plays centrally in all that time

Minimalist

Reckon he should just become a centre half personally. His game is more suited to that than being a full back. Defended very well today, and often does. Could be a monster of an LCB, but doesn’t have the quality to be a top full back I don’t think.
Definitely some sense to that for sure. He doesn't offer a ton going forward and his defensive work is usually what I notice more.

haram

Reckon he should just become a centre half personally. His game is more suited to that than being a full back. Defended very well today, and often does. Could be a monster of an LCB, but doesn’t have the quality to be a top full back I don’t think.
LCB in a 3 at the back maybe.

pascell

I feel this season has been a 'back to basics' with him, in the sense that he focused purely on defending and becoming more and more solid at it. I remember his positioning being one of his flaws when defending and Mourinho being on the touchline telling him where to be etc, I feel he's vastly improved at this and when a winger is one on one vs him, he gets the upper hand 9/10 time.

Next season once he's comfortable on his defending, that's when he'll put more work towards the attacking side of his game, he's still only 23, so has a long time to work on his attacking game. I'm just glad the horror injury is behind him and he's played a lot of games this season, must mean the world to him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
LCB in a 3 at the back maybe.
Would suit him well I think.

Personally, I think this summer would be a good time to go for Ryan Sessegnon. With his fortunes at Fulham this season, all that £50m talk is certainly out of the window, and they are also almost certainly going down. His strengths are offensive, and I think would be a good alternative to Shaw, especially in certain games. At 18, he’s young enough to be an understudy but still experienced enough to play when needed. His price will probably be £20m at most I reckon. After Shaw, we have no other left back after all. Young can play there, but he has only one year left anyway, and is first choice on the right.

KennyBurner

his defense has definitely improved but I don't think that was ever really a problem. He only ever struggled defensively when we were the attacking team and he had to be positionally disciplined. None of our defenders ever have a problem when they sit back. Even ashley young has had salah in his pocket twice.

Were he needs to improve is his attacking contribution. As good as he was yesterday he still gave the ball away countless times. Right now under Ole we are seeing progress under multiple players so I have faith that from now till the start of next season he is more comfortable knowing what to do with the ball in advanced positions. we need more quality from our fullbacks.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Very solid defensively now, especially one on one. A good passer too, but his crossing still needs work, obviously.

GledTheRed

Would suit him well I think.

Personally, I think this summer would be a good time to go for Ryan Sessegnon. With his fortunes at Fulham this season, all that £50m talk is certainly out of the window, and they are also almost certainly going down. His strengths are offensive, and I think would be a good alternative to Shaw, especially in certain games. At 18, he’s young enough to be an understudy but still experienced enough to play when needed. His price will probably be £20m at most I reckon. After Shaw, we have no other left back after all. Young can play there, but he has only one year left anyway, and is first choice on the right.
I second this, Sess can play wing too.

criticalanalysis

I feel this season has been a 'back to basics' with him, in the sense that he focused purely on defending and becoming more and more solid at it. I remember his positioning being one of his flaws when defending and Mourinho being on the touchline telling him where to be etc, I feel he's vastly improved at this and when a winger is one on one vs him, he gets the upper hand 9/10 time.

Next season once he's comfortable on his defending, that's when he'll put more work towards the attacking side of his game, he's still only 23, so has a long time to work on his attacking game. I'm just glad the horror injury is behind him and he's played a lot of games this season, must mean the world to him.
Absolutely, this is his first proper season as a Utd player. Fitness, game time, positioning, competeting etc, it's all his first consistent period of being in the team sheet.

As for attacking, I think we just need to work a bit more plays to let Shaw go on the overlap more. Once he finds his fitness (like a few, I agree he's playing within himself) that width and space he can open up will do wonders for our attacking play. Imagine Martial on the inside left near the penalty area rather than constantly on the touchline.

yfoFC

So what you're saying to me is he's gonna become our very own Maldini, sign me up please :drool:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Said from day one he reminds me of Ashley Cole... very solid defender when he’s fit but going forwards not really that penetrative.

Doesn’t help that both are full backs don’t really have that forward thrust.. we can afford one but by next season we need one of the positions to really be bombing forward to supply quality width.

Great performance v Salah though - made it look effortless.

Crystal Palace 1:3 Man Utd

marktan

Great run for that assist. He used to do more of that pre-leg break, but understandably has been more reluctant to do so after. He does have it in him though so hopefully he does it more, I just worry his body bulk will cause another injury dribbling like that.

Must say does feel nice to see him doing well after years of people slagging him off.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been imperious the last few games, showing genuine quality going forward and defending. Very happy with how he's progressing, if he keeps it up he'll be a top full back. The run for the goal was great, he's looking very confident and right at home in our team, he's maturing well.

Fracture90

Think he was great, probably could have done more for their goal, but it was Young's fek-up. Visibly tired in the last 20 minutes though, unfortunately we cannot afford to rest him.

kundalini

Brilliant run for Lukaku's first goal. Looked good for 65 mins or so, then got really careless, asleep for their goal, didn't see the threat from Ward at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.