Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

I think his level has gone up even further in this tournament, he's playing with so much swagger and self belief it's brilliant to see
He's that very rare thing, a footballer whose hype might actually help him. This is the first time he's ever got serious, national newspaper-level hype and it seems to be undoing some of the deep damage to his confidence dealt by the injury, LVG and Mourinho.

He's got the tools to suit a cocky footballer. Powerful and fast, and exceptional touch. This is the first time he's had some encouragement to be a bit cocky and I think it works for him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why ? Mount found maguire every single time.
Mount hit one decent set play out of about 7 or 8. And they were from dangerous positions.

The one Kasper saved from was the only good delivery... The others either lacked accuracy, and if they were accurate were too lofty/lacked pace for Maguire to do anything with. They weren't outright bad, but mixing them up with an inswinger would have been good

The one set piece Mount definitely should have taken was the Sterling free kick!

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Mount hit one decent set play out of about 7 or 8. And they were from dangerous positions.

The one Kasper saved from was the only good delivery... The others either lacked accuracy, and if they were accurate were too lofty/lacked pace for Maguire to do anything with.

The one set piece Mount definitely should have taken was the Sterling free kick!
Just not true he put the same ball in every time. Rest is up to maguire.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just not true he put the same ball in every time. Rest is up to maguire.
Well no, if a ball is looped without pace, and also an out swinger it becomes very difficult for the player attacking the ball.

From the F365 player ratings on the game, who are about as pro England / as they come

Set-piece delivery again a touch disappointing; it’s such a huge weapon for England when they get it right

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Immaculate defending today.

His delivery probably deemed ineffective but Denmark had 9 players in the box every time England attacked.

His link up and ball carrying is such an asset.

Red Royal

He and Harry are carrying the City boys Stone and Walker. Only Walkers immense pace has bailed him out a few times now.

Swiss_Red89

my dear what a footballer. He will be an absolute england legend after this tournement and he will be in red next season and probably for the next 8-10 years.

Does he has a chant already? (at OT)

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He and Harry are carrying the City boys Stone and Walker. Only Walkers immense pace has bailed him out a few times now.
Thought Walker was fantastic, a few times he had to cover for the CB's. Arguably man of the match. Shaw on the other hand didn't have a great first half and gave a couple of unnecessary fouls - one of which led to the goal and his set pieces were a bit meh.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
That interception right at the end of ET was just superb. I had made the case for him when we first signed him that he could see a career as an LCB in a back 3 but I think he could genuinely play anywhere now even a late career transition to an outright CDM. Just a brilliant footballer.

UpWithRivers

Sterling is obviously class so not having a go but Shaw plays much better when Grealish is on. Sterlings game is just not suited to a LB because he moves around so much and there isnt so much interchange which leaves Shaw fewer options when he gets the ball especially in the early tight stages. His other option is Declan who is also class but a DM so more negative. When Grealish is on he has the option of either passing to Grealish down the wing and overlapping or passing inside to Grealish and making a forward run and expecting a return. Its just a better dynamic.

That interception right at the end of ET was just superb. I had made the case for him when we first signed him that he could see a career as an LCB in a back 3 but I think he could genuinely play anywhere now even a late career transition to an outright CDM. Just a brilliant footballer.
If it wasn’t for Sterling, he would have been my MOTM, some crucial interceptions. Was outstanding last night.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's that very rare thing, a footballer whose hype might actually help him. This is the first time he's ever got serious, national newspaper-level hype and it seems to be undoing some of the deep damage to his confidence dealt by the injury, LVG and Mourinho.

He's got the tools to suit a cocky footballer. Powerful and fast, and exceptional touch. This is the first time he's had some encouragement to be a bit cocky and I think it works for him.
Totally agree with this. Thought he was absolutely sensational last night.

I said it before he reminds me of Lizarazu but yesterday matched the great Frenchman in terms of influence and precision of his play.

Can’t wait to see him next season.

MileStolar

I just want to add that he played the whole game with the same intensity so I find his fitness amazing, especially when you consider that he used to have fitness issues more than once in previous years (LVG and Mou eras)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His fitness has improved a lot hasn't it?

He was still going strong into extra time. I remember in the past he was cramping up late into games.

IMO he could be a contender for player of the tournament.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think his level has gone up even further in this tournament, he's playing with so much swagger and self belief it's brilliant to see
My view as well. So very proud for him and of him. And as has been said, England are fortunate to have some of his strength and ability.

He was still going strong into extra time. I remember in the past he was cramping up late into games.

there’s no real clear player of the tournament.

is Ronaldo still the golden boot winner because of his assist? Just imagine if they gave it to him…

If Sterling has another game like last night in the final i think he’s a shoe in.

Shaw has been brilliant.

Idxomer

He played like a fifth of his career games this season and he has been around for 9 years.

So he has probably never been more fit, long may it continue.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
there’s no real clear player of the tournament.

is Ronaldo still the golden boot winner because of his assist? Just imagine if they gave it to him…

If Sterling has another game like last night in the final i think he’s a shoe in.

Shaw has been brilliant.
Ronaldo won't get it not a chance. Usually it's a player that goes into the final that'll get it.

On the italian side I can't really see a clear winner, Spinazzola was their best player but got injured. Chiesa has been good but not played all the matches.

I think as you say for consistency it'll be between Shaw, Sterling and Kane.

Probably Sterling for playing all matches + scoring / assisting.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If I have a slight issue ,regarding a defensive aspect from Shaw, is he has tended to ,in recent games, let his wide player put in far too many crosses unchallenged.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's always had a Carrick-esque line breaking pass in the build-up phases of play, but he's now playing those passes into the oppositions box more frequently which is such an asset. Especially when he's playing them to the likes of Kane and Sterling who can trap the ball and keep it in tight spaces, allowing us to play it around their box.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
If I have a slight issue ,regarding a defensive aspect from Shaw, is he has tended to ,in recent games, let his wide player put in far too many crosses unchallenged.
In recent games? He's done that for years, no idea why. It puts unnecessary pressure on AWB and Icewoman who are both utter crap in the air.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

He needs to cover the space between him and Maguire, the latter has no chance to win a foot race against any semi-decently fast attacker.

Danny

I just want to add that he played the whole game with the same intensity so I find his fitness amazing, especially when you consider that he used to have fitness issues more than once in previous years (LVG and Mou eras)
This is a great point. Felt he used to 'manage' his fitness during a game by taking little breathers every now and then. Now he's full pelt all game and it's shown in his output.

IhabX7

Mate where have you been? I swear I haven't seen you here for ages. You were the best comp maker if the memory serves?
Thanks mate I appreciate that. I started to edit professionally back then and decided to pursue a career in filmmaking about seven years ago. Shooting my first feature film around the end of the year.

Nickelodeon

What a fantastic player. To think his fitness was one of the things that LVG and Mourinho had raised doubts on, the boy was making overlaps in extra time after the season that we've had. From being a reliable player, he's now become the player who asks for the ball and drives with it. Brilliant to see.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Thanks mate I appreciate that. I started to edit professionally back then and decided to pursue a career in filmmaking about seven years ago. Shooting my first feature film around the end of the year.
That's grand. Is there a chance to see the film when it's done?

Idxomer

It’s one of his few weaknesses but I haven't noticed it as much this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.