Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

If I was Telles i'd be annoyed at being left out over this.

Give him a spell on the sidelines just to take him out of the firing line and recover.

Ollie Derbyshire

Needs to be benched for a while, see if that gives him the kick he needs, I honestly didn’t see this fall in performance coming from him.

always_hoping

After two solid seasons it's disappointing that the error prone and disinterested Shaw has returned. I'd wonder has hype from his England return played a part in his downturn? Doesn't seem the same focused player anymore.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
After two solid seasons it's disappointing that the error prone and disinterested Shaw has returned. I'd wonder has hype from his England return played a part in his downturn? Doesn't seem the same focused player anymore.
I think what’s more telling is that pretty much everyone in our team is struggling which would point towards the coaches. We seriously can’t say that all these under-performers is just a coincidence. Shaw and Maguire are obviously taking the piss at this point though.

united for life

Needs a rest badly. Unfortunately, seems the injury is what will keep him away and not a manager’s decision

El Jefe

I don't understand how AWB has what is 26 pages of mostly criticism while Shaw is only on 14 despite being considerably worse.

He's gone back to being extremely casual and showing no urgency whatsoever in his play. He's been shocking defensively this season while offering little going forward.

Skills

Snitch
Why was he kept out, when he clearly had a head injury? Isn't this exactly what the concussion protocol is meant to stop?

arnie_ni

Can't believe he didn't deal with that cross even after de gea shouts away

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Can’t for the life of me work out why he left the ball at the back post for Bernardo to score. Easy enough to put his foot on it and put it out of play, he just didn’t bother.

He was being lauded as the best LB in the league at the start of the season. That looks a long way off now.

SirAF

Ageist
Aye. Shaw strikes me as a player who needs a rocket up his arse to perform and after all the praise it seems like he’s been getting too comfortable again.

LJJT

I knew watching his pre game interview we wouldn’t win today. All the conviction of a wet paper bag. He either dislikes Ole, doesn’t care, injured or crap. Probably a combination of all

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
An incredibly limited player for the modern game.

We need to get someone better

Plant0x84

I knew watching his pre game interview we wouldn’t win today. All the conviction of a wet paper bag. He either dislikes Ole, doesn’t care, injured or crap. Probably a combination of all
I can’t see how he dislikes Ole when he helped him rebuild his career to its peak (so far) after his Jose hell.
Sad if he just doesn’t care, and we know he’s not crap. Proper lack of effort today though.

LJJT

I can’t see how he dislikes Ole when he helped him rebuild his career to its peak (so far) after his Jose hell.
Sad if he just doesn’t care, and we know he’s not crap. Proper lack of effort today though.
Great way to repay the manager then if that’s the conclusion

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Don’t think he has the mentality to be a top-level player.

SonyaCross493

First of all I hope he's alright after his injury..

both him and Maguire seem to lack urgency this season. Losing every 50-50 challenge or giving up on challenging for the ball too easily leading to the opposition scoring or having attacks. Compare Shaw to City defenders who just looked more hungry and having more urgency

is that due to the euros hangover? It seems more of an attitude problem but maybe it is a fitness problem

NK86

Can't believe he didn't deal with that cross even after de gea shouts away
Read somewhere that Maguire shouted at him to let it go for a goal kick. Not sure as I was not even paying much attention with the way we were playing.

Andersons Dietician

I have a suspicion he might be out for a while. He took a good few cracks to the head today. He has been woeful so far this season. Like he has his moments but he’s a shadow of the player he was last season in terms of his defending.
Maybe time to give Telles/Dalot a run out as a reminder to Shaw.

snk123

I think what’s more telling is that pretty much everyone in our team is struggling which would point towards the coaches. We seriously can’t say that all these under-performers is just a coincidence. Shaw and Maguire are obviously taking the piss at this point though.
Shaw and Maguire have always had these brain farts throughout their time with us. They've just decided to continuously have them in every match this season.

This is from last season.

Hughie77

Low in confidence because he's playing besides a carthorse Maguire . Needs to fecking slap his CB for anything.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Can’t for the life of me work out why he left the ball at the back post for Bernardo to score. Easy enough to put his foot on it and put it out of play, he just didn’t bother.

He was being lauded as the best LB in the league at the start of the season. That looks a long way off now.
He was one of them following last season, this season he looks a shadow. Maybe its the fact he managed to complete a full season plus Euros, and is mentally and physically exhausted?

Not making excuses for the guy, because most other footballers play intensely and to a high level season to season, but somethings just not right with him this year.

Plant0x84

He was one of them following last season, this season he looks a shadow. Maybe its the fact he managed to complete a full season plus Euros, and is mentally and physically exhausted?

Not making excuses for the guy, because most other footballers play intensely and to a high level season to season, but somethings just not right with him this year.
Yeah I wondered if he is knackered. You’re right that something isn’t right. Shame that he’ll probably play all games for England, and there seems little chance of Telles getting a run of games.

Marwood

Part of the reason he didn't clear it is because ideally you smack that away with your right foot. However he has no right foot at all. Ridiculously one footed.

His general form I think is easy to explain. He's looking heavy.

There was a pic from a team dinner in the week. He looked huge.

steffyr2

He was either concussed or sick today. About 10 minutes before he went down flat on his face, he was running so slowly that it caught my eye. When he finally came off (after going back in), he looked dazed.

Is this another thing that isn't competent at Utd?

dmst

He's been terrible recently. Needs a rest.

That being said, it's hilarious to see the haters come crawling out of the woodwork again after over a year. The caf can be so predictable sometimes.

AshRK

He looks one player who has downed tools. Seems to have lost interest in playing. Probably still watching replays of his euro performances and jerking of seeing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.