Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It's more than that. He's talking about being wanted, which is pretty tragic.
I guess the fact they aren’t banging down his door with a new deal? The fact Pogba Rashford Martial Lingard group is getting moved on and so on. I’d imagine it’s a weird time at the club. Plus who is really there to show the love anymore? It’s certainly not Ralf or the glazers. The players are all probably speculating about their own futures. We are still in transition. Endless transition, but if you asked me would I like us to have the second best left back in the country I’d say yes and then move on to more pressing matters. Do I think he should be the highest paid LB probably in the world? No but that’s our own fault

Marwood

It's all good when fans don't enjoy our football but it's bad when a player says they don't enjoy it either

:lol:
Because they cause it and fans don't.

Pretty straightforward difference.

But that's not all he said either is it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Because they cause it and fans don't.

Pretty straightforward difference.

But that's not all he said either is it.
Must have been a coincidence then that Shaw didn't bring it up last year when he seemed like he was enjoying his football plenty fine.

We currently have an interim manager who is known for Gegenpressing but has only ever gotten 2 players out of 11 pressing.

I can see why players don't enjoy their football with an interim manager, especially one who has not really gotten the best out of anyone so far.

Was perfectly feeling wanted during the Ole time so he stayed quiet.

An interim manager is now in a charge, someone who won't be a few months time.

Marwood

Must have been a coincidence then that Shaw didn't bring it up last year when he seemed like he was enjoying his football plenty fine.

We currently have an interim manager who is known for Gegenpressing but has only ever gotten 2 players out of 11 pressing.

I can see why players don't enjoy their football with an interim manager, especially one who has not really gotten the best out of anyone so far.

Was perfectly feeling wanted during the Ole time so he stayed quiet.

An interim manager is now in a charge, someone who won't be a few months time.
Not sure what Gegenpressing has to do with this specific point.

He was happy last year because he was always picked. Not happy now because he's been dropped for a few games. There's no coincidence there.

These guys are getting paid fortunes to play football. They're incredibly lucky. Who wants to hear one of them complaining about not being appreciated enough? Who wants to hear them complaining about bad football when they're causing the bad football?

Not me. Especially from a player who I guess has been dropped becuase of his physical conditioning.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Pogba basically saying the same thing. Time to sell all the French players?

united for life

Manchester United is not an easy club to play for. When results are bad, everyone is under the microscope by the media, fans, analysts, etc... These players have been underperforming for years now, except for short spells every now and then, and this definitely created a negative atmosphere around the club. I understand that; however, to go out and talk like that is not the right thing to do; it adds to the speculations about the dressing room and what is happening behind closed doors.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You guys are being too harsh, he's had 2 good seasons out of 8, not 1... which is still atrocious to be fair.
If he feels unwanted here, he should leave. Extremely talented left back but his mentality was never strong enough to keep challenging himself to improve.
Wasn't he our POTS the last couple of years? Being the best of a bad bunch isn't ideal but it should mean something. Also had a great season under LVG up until he broke his leg which I think destroyed his confidence for a couple of seasons.

Was my favourite United player up until this season. Now couldn't care less if he stays or goes. That goes for 3/4s of the squad TBF.

Irwin99

Wasn't he our POTS the last couple of years? Being the best of a bad bunch isn't ideal but it should mean something. Also had a great season under LVG up until he broke his leg which I think destroyed his confidence for a couple of seasons.

Was my favourite United player up until this season. Now couldn't care less if he stays or goes. That goes for 3/4s of the squad TBF.
Yes and I always remember Paul Scholes' son joking that whoever made the highlights reel of Shaw's player of the year campaign sure had one hell of a tough task. That was a ludicrous season.

We'll be saying the same when DDG, Lindelof, or Fred win it this year. They would probably deserve it but Jesus, that's the best of a very bad bunch again.

Irwin99

Pogba basically saying the same thing. Time to sell all the French players?

But he, like Shaw has done this before under Jose. This is not a one off situation, our players clearly have a history. It's made worse that they're among the highest paid players in the league for their respective positions and yet have achieved virtually feck all in 6-8 years.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Yes and I always remember Paul Scholes' son joking that whoever made the highlights reel of Shaw's player of the year campaign sure had one hell of a tough task. That was a ludicrous season.

We'll be saying the same when DDG, Lindelof, or Fred win it this year. They would probably deserve it but Jesus, that's the best of a very bad bunch again.
How embarrassing must it have been collecting that trophy? I'm sure they're collecting dust in his spare downstairs toilet.

United in sin

Manchester United is not an easy club to play for. When results are bad, everyone is under the microscope by the media, fans, analysts, etc... These players have been underperforming for years now, except for short spells every now and then, and this definitely created a negative atmosphere around the club. I understand that; however, to go out and talk like that is not the right thing to do; it adds to the speculations about the dressing room and what is happening behind closed doors.
De Gea came out and said similar things. The United dressing room is a very negative place to be these days

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think he’ll be offered a pay rise/ new contract and he’ll sign it because no chance he’ll get the same elsewhere. You could offer him the same, or even reduced terms and it would still be higher than his what he’ll get elsewhere. I dont know why you’re not much tougher with contracts and I think that is where Rangnick would really be able to make a difference (but I don’t see him doing that in a “consultancy”).

There‘s already talk from Mitten that de Gea will be offered new terms. He‘s had a good season but whether His last contract was a good idea is still debatable. Mike Maignon would have been a great buy at that time.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
This guy never got back to the level he had displayed under LVG until his leg broke. The only development he has shown since that time is of his derriere. Big talk for someone who is not seen as a top player but wants all the perks that go with it and some more.

Devil’s Trident

This guy never got back to the level he had displayed under LVG until his leg broke. The only development he has shown since that time is of his derriere. Big talk for someone who is not seen as a top player but wants all the perks that go with it and some more.
You mean 2 months ? just a handful of matches ?

Devil’s Trident

The guy is the biggest waster. A total chancer. 8 seasons here and only good 6 months, one season max if you stretch it. How he has gone under the radar for so long without severe criticism is a real mystery to me. Rashford, Martial , Pogba , Maguire , Fred, Mctominay, AWB all have been criticised heavily and rightly so even Ronaldo’s been criticised like hell and he has been here for just 8 months. Luke Shaw has been here for the past 8 years but never ever got the heat like all the other players got. Not only for his performances are a disgrace but also for his professionalism.

How is he able to avoid all the criticism about his performances, his professionalism, his attitude till now ? I can’t believe it. 8 years. EIGHT. He is eligible for a testimonial in a couple of years. Absolute travesty. The biggest conman in football.

romufc

Surely, same energy should be applied to him as Pogba? When pogba comes out and has said this in the past, we have slated him.

Luke Shaw, who has been supported by the fans for his below average career with a few good months thinks he can run his mouth when he is not in form?

Hand in a transfer request and leave. Simple as that really if you are not enjoying your football.

Players like him is the reason we are mediocre, weak mentality.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Surely, same energy should be applied to him as Pogba? When pogba comes out and has said this in the past, we have slated him.

Luke Shaw, who has been supported by the fans for his below average career with a few good months thinks he can run his mouth when he is not in form?

Hand in a transfer request and leave. Simple as that really if you are not enjoying your football.

Players like him is the reason we are mediocre, weak mentality.
This really. But the whiny fat cat won't do that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Another player telling the truth and fans can't handle it.
Or another player who doesn't mention his own responsibilities. Just I disliked Pogba saying it without talking about his shortcomings, Shaw can do one as far I'm concerned.

A player telling the media he feels “unwanted” after being dropped for a few games is peak post-Fergie United.
Specially without acknowledging he has his part in the situation.
Play well consistently and you will start regularly. It's as simple as that

romufc

Another player telling the truth and fans can't handle it.
What ? He doesn't feel loved? I mean he has been piss poor this season.

All season. He is on 150k a week, if he doesnt feel loved, hand in a transfer request, get your agent to go out and find a club that makes him loved and leave.

Its as simple as that but, him and his agent are lazy, cannot hack any pressure so they wont do that and will want a pay rise.

Players like him can get the feck out this club.

Marwood

He had a few blistering seasons at Southampton before carrying on that form at United. It's not as if he hasn't played at a very high level. That leg break broke him.
It's surprising if you look at him at Southampton how much his physique has changed. I don't think we can put that down to the leg break.

bucky

He had a few blistering seasons at Southampton before carrying on that form at United. It's not as if he hasn't played at a very high level. That leg break broke him.
He was average during his first season, which led to van Gaal calling him out for his poor attitude. He then worked hard on his fitness during the off-season, which led to him being excellent for a few games until he had that injury.

Man Utd 1:1 Leicester

Devil81

Too much to say for himself and clearly another who doesn't respect the club.

Send him packing in the summer with clear out please

Last edited:

Pickle85

So disappointing. I really thought he'd kick on to be one of the best in the world after the euros and last season.

JoaquinJoaquin

Should be shipped out in Summer, however because we have much bigger needs he will no doubt get another year at least.

Devil81

I actually think he wants to leave united, he's definitely not focused and happy.

He can go for me as well, got zero time for him. He's overweight, lazy and outspoken.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Did he say anything after Leicester? He was certainly better than Telles who was awful.

luke511

This story about the utd camp being split over the Ten Hag appointment. Shaw's the only player that's worked under Pochettino, (if true) is he spearheading the revolt or what? He's the one that publicly came out and complained about cliques in the dressing room, saying how grim it was, and then on top of that he recently complained about not feeling wanted during the break. What a head feck.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
This story about the utd camp being split over the Ten Hag appointment. Shaw's the only player that's worked under Pochettino, (if true) is he spearheading the revolt or what? He's the one that publicly came out and complained about cliques in the dressing room, saying how grim it was, and then on top of that he recently complained about not feeling wanted during the break. What a head feck.
Couldn't give two shits if he wants to go tbf, let him. I think he's a very talented left back but we've had better ones in the past and we'll have better ones in the future so if he wants out he can go in my book.

luke511

Couldn't give two shits if he wants to go tbf, let him. I think he's a very talented left back but we've had better ones in the past and we'll have better ones in the future so if he wants out he can go in my book.
100%

Redlyn

So disappointing. I really thought he'd kick on to be one of the best in the world after the euros and last season.
He played like one of if not the best lb in the world last season. Snatched up the England starting spot. We were creaming ourlselves. Incredible how far he has fallen this season. Along with the greenwood mess and rashford somehow even worse after his operation than before, just a very disappointing season.

Pickle85

He played like one of if not the best lb in the world last season. Snatched up the England starting spot. We were creaming ourlselves. Incredible how far he has fallen this season. Along with the greenwood mess and rashford somehow even worse after his operation than before, just a very disappointing season.
Yep, exactly. Such a weird turn around after all the early season optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.