Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Such a stupid comment blaming a player over injury issues. pretty much given you never had to experience anything like that, so you have no idea what you're talking about. But yeah let your frustration eat you alive.

BTWShaw is far from perfect but he just came back from a season where he was arguably the best left back in the world. If he's having injury problems or is out of form because of fatigue or anything else, we can do better and replace him in the future but Shaw in half form is still much better than Telles. Like 25 worse players to upgrade first...
I don’t get what this whole paragraph has to do with him being lazy and unprofessional?

Did I mention his injures? I don’t think I did and by the way he was never the best left back in the world. Like never in life.

United in sin

I don’t get what this whole paragraph has to do with him being lazy and unprofessional?

Did I mention his injures? I don’t think I did and by the way he was never the best left back in the world. Like never in life.
Shaw is anything but lazy. Some of the criticism he gets here is just mind blowing

Mainoldo

Shaw is anything but lazy. Some of the criticism he gets here is just mind blowing
He can’t get up and down the pitch like most athletes playing that position and he can’t stay in shape.

If that’s not lazy I don’t know what is? Is it because he doesn’t have a moody face or walk with a bop?

Mind you he is a good footballer when he can be bothered but like I said before he has no interest in being the best or being part of a top team. I’ve said this for years and everytime he comes off his purple patch it shows.

United in sin

He can’t get up and down the pitch like most athletes playing that position and he can’t stay in shape.

If that’s not lazy I don’t know what is? Is it because he doesn’t have a moody face or walk with a bop?

Mind you he is a good footballer when he can be bothered but like I said before he has no interest in being the best or being part of a top team. I’ve said this for years and everytime he comes off his purple patch it shows.
He was player's player of the tear 2020/21 and one of England's key players at the Euros, scoring the fastest recorded goal in a final (his goal against Italy). Shaw has more assists than any other fullback at united in the last calendar year and more key passes to boot. Positionally he's more sound than the porous Telles.

His success of 2020/21 placed him among the best full backs of the game in Europe. During last season Shaw made 3.18 carries into the final third per 90, placing him in the 99th percentile among other defenders in Europe’s top five leagues according to [FBRef].

In terms of shot-creating actions per 90 minutes, Shaw was behind only Bruno Fernandes at Manchester United with 3.59 shot-creating actions which placed him in the top 99th percentile among defenders in the premier league

Additionally Shaw averaged an immense 7.34 progressive carries per 90, more than other world-class full-backs like Andrew Robertson and Jordi Alba managed in 2020/21. His dribbling and short passing also immensely improved and he became out designated corner taker

Defensively he was no slouch and was sound overall outside of set piece defending and having to deal with playing close to that clown Maguire. He's been one of uniteds most improved players in the last few seasons yet continues to recieve the same harsh and thoughtless criticisms labeled at him before these improvements. He's overcome challenges from both Williams and Telles with aplomb and both players were branded as better than him without question.

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
His natural talent is off the charts. He has the talent to be the second best LB in England.

But he likes it when conditions are favorable to perform.

He's a let down. Considering his talent and his heights that hes reached, he's a huge let down. He's lasted through many managers because his touch, passing and speed/size is immense.

Blood Mage

Losing the Europa League final and the Euro final back to back probably did have a negative mental impact, but that's no excuse for his shitty attitude this year. He doesn't deserve to be given another chance but he will because we can't buy a whole new team and there are other players ahead of him who need to be given the boot first.

copen1945

Losing the Europa League final and the Euro final back to back probably did have a negative mental impact, but that's no excuse for his shitty attitude this year. He doesn't deserve to be given another chance but he will because we can't buy a whole new team and there are other players ahead of him who need to be given the boot first.
Shaw can't go because there are bigger problems. Nor can Maguire. Nor can Fred. Nor can McTominay. Nor can De Gea. Nor can Rashford. So, who can really go?

Mainoldo

He was player's player of the tear 2020/21 and one of England's key players at the Euros, scoring the fastest recorded goal in a final (his goal against Italy). Shaw has more assists than any other fullback at united in the last calendar year and more key passes to boot. Positionally he's more sound than the porous Telles.

His success of 2020/21 placed him among the best full backs of the game in Europe. During last season Shaw made 3.18 carries into the final third per 90, placing him in the 99th percentile among other defenders in Europe’s top five leagues according to [FBRef].

In terms of shot-creating actions per 90 minutes, Shaw was behind only Bruno Fernandes at Manchester United with 3.59 shot-creating actions which placed him in the top 99th percentile among defenders in the premier league

Additionally Shaw averaged an immense 7.34 progressive carries per 90, more than other world-class full-backs like Andrew Robertson and Jordi Alba managed in 2020/21. His dribbling and short passing also immensely improved and he became out designated corner taker

Defensively he was no slouch and was sound overall outside of set piece defending and having to deal with playing close to that clown Maguire. He's been one of uniteds most improved players in the last few seasons yet continues to recieve the same harsh and thoughtless criticisms labeled at him before these improvements. He's overcome challenges from both Williams and Telles with aplomb and both players were branded as better than him without question.
How does he compare with those left backs this season and the season before 21? In 8 years at the club. 8 years he has 15 assists and two goals. Just to compare that to a top class performing Left back. Andy Robertson has 10 assist and 1 goal in this season alone.

You make a good argument but all the points you’ve made Luke Shaw has only managed for 10 games in his United career. The majority of the time he is anything but that and that is why he gets stick and needs replacing.

United in sin

How does he compare with those left backs this season and the season before 21? In 8 years at the club. 8 years he has 15 assists and two goals. Just to compare that to a top class performing Left back. Andy Robertson has 10 assist and 1 goal in this season alone.

You make a good argument but all the points you’ve made Luke Shaw has only managed for 10 games in his United career. The majority of the time he is anything but that and that is why he gets stick and needs replacing.
I guess Shaw's assists tell you a lot about this club and the difference between us and Klopps Liverpool over the years. I doubt Robertson would've had similar stats under Hodgson or even Rodgers. Liverpool have been settled for a while unlike United who haven't had a clear style since Fergie departed.

The overly pragmatic Mourinho and Espirito Santo for instance almost killed Kane and Sons careers! AWB is thought to be on the chopping list and he's managed 10 assists for united in three seasons, a much higher rate than Shaw per 90. These have been our two highest producing fullbacks in the last decade. Who would you replace Shaw with and how much of a priority do you think a new lb is this summer?

Mainoldo

I guess Shaw's assists tell you a lot about this club and the difference between us and Klopps Liverpool over the years. I doubt Robertson would've had similar stats under Hodgson or even Rodgers. Liverpool have been settled for a while unlike United who haven't had a clear style since Fergie departed.

The overly pragmatic Mourinho and Espirito Santo for instance almost killed Kane and Sons careers! AWB is thought to be on the chopping list and he's managed 10 assists for united in three seasons, a much higher rate than Shaw per 90. These have been our two highest producing fullbacks in the last decade. Who would you replace Shaw with and how much of a priority do you think a new lb is this summer?
Well this is the issue he can’t play for them sides because he doesn’t have the stamina for it. Klopp wouldn’t want him. Under negative Mourinho he was getting told off for not attacking.

Again I repeat I have no problems with Luke Shaw’s natural ability. It’s his attitude that stinks and will hold us back.

I haven’t looked into a LB but they would have to be athletic for starts. We need someone who can get up and down the pitch for 90 mins. It will make a big difference. For playing style I think it’s highly important but will be for the 2nd or 3rd transfer window I reckon.

United in sin

Well this is the issue he can’t play for them sides because he doesn’t have the stamina for it. Klopp wouldn’t want him. Under negative Mourinho he was getting told off for not attacking.

Again I repeat I have no problems with Luke Shaw’s natural ability. It’s his attitude that stinks and will hold us back.

I haven’t looked into a LB but they would have to be athletic for starts. We need someone who can get up and down the pitch for 90 mins. It will make a big difference. For playing style I think it’s highly important but will be for the 2nd or 3rd transfer window I reckon.
When did Mourinho 'tell off' Shaw for not attacking specifically? It's clear Mourinho had a personal vendetta and even claimed he was shouting play by play instructions to Shaw whenever he played well under him. Shaw could be improved upon but I simply don't think it will be among the priorities this summer

Mainoldo

When did Mourinho 'tell off' Shaw for not attacking specifically? It's clear Mourinho had a personal vendetta and
. Shaw could be improved upon but I simply don't think it will be among the priorities this summer
The same game.

It wasn’t a vendetta Jose just doesn’t like slackers. 1 is a serial winner the other has never won a single trophy with us.

United in sin

The same game.

It wasn’t a vendetta Jose just doesn’t like slackers. 1 is a serial winner the other has never won a single trophy with us.
Mourinho was a winner but come on man, he had a vendetta against Shaw. Some of his mutterings about Shaw were downright childish. Mourinho himself admitted he was too harsh on him and said this after the Euro 2020 final

wina

Mourinho was a winner but come on man, he had a vendetta against Shaw. Some of his mutterings about Shaw were downright childish. Mourinho himself admitted he was too harsh on him and said this after the Euro 2020 final
Probably vendetta because the club didn't allow him to get rid of Luke Shaw, which is what we should have done long ago if the club works as a proper football club instead of giving him a new fat contract.

and why is he, a footballer deemed to be lazy and overweight, is taking picture with personal chef.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

That's an interesting take considering it was Mourinho who encouraged Kane to drop deeper and have Son makes those runs which have propelled them to now be the most effective partnership in Premiership history.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I was never a big fan of Shaw, I didn't even know who he was when he initially joined us and I have been dissapointed by most of his seasons here.

However, I do think Shaw was great last season where he was performing to the top standards of a LB for the full seasons and beyond.

If he did it once then he should do it again and hopefully he will under a potentially top manager.

Bondi77

I was never a big fan of Shaw, I didn't even know who he was when he initially joined us and I have been dissapointed by most of his seasons here.

However, I do think Shaw was great last season where he was performing to the top standards of a LB for the full seasons and beyond.

If he did it once then he should do it again and hopefully he will under a potentially top manager.
I take it that you did not really watch the Premier League back then if you had never heard of him before he joined us:
Shaw, Lallana make PFA Team of the Year, Arsenal overlooked
https://www.eurosport.com › premier-league › story

Baneofthegame

I bet you were furious at him for being on the receiving end of a leg breaker as well.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That's a different perception. They all need to go
You can call it whatever you want mate and I'm not saying I disagree with most of them. What I'm saying is that nobody is buying them. We can't sell our unwanted players.

United in sin

I didn't really follow Southampton that season.
How could you have not even heard about their brilliant form at the least? Shaw was the most sought after leftback in England after that season. I feel this could be part of the reason many United fans here know nothing about Pochetinno's work at Southampton and Spurs, they weren't watching haha

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How could you have not even heard about their brilliant form at the least? Shaw was the most sought after leftback in England after that season. I feel this could be part of the reason many United fans here know nothing about Pochetinno's work at Southampton and Spurs, they weren't watching haha
I knew about Pochettino.

Southampton faced United twice in the league maybe a bit more.

That was a busy year where I was studying medicine final so I didn't follow the new batch of players that had just performed that season.

Plus I tend to be just a pure United follower until it gets to CL knockout rounds and international cups. I don't have time to watch all the other teams of football.

Dorris

He’ll still be a key player under Ten Hag. Some of the stick he gets is mental, presumably most of it is from the anti-England brigade. Not been at his best this season but he’s still clearly one of our best players, and one of the few who seems able to transfer into a modern possession based style.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He’ll still be a key player under Ten Hag. Some of the stick he gets is mental, presumably most of it is from the anti-England brigade. Not been at his best this season but he’s still clearly one of our best players, and one of the few who seems able to transfer into a modern possession based style.
Which is a big problem given how inconsistent he has been during his time here.

United in sin

I knew about Pochettino.

Southampton faced United twice in the league maybe a bit more.

That was a busy year where I was studying medicine final so I didn't follow the new batch of players that had just performed that season.

Plus I tend to be just a pure United follower until it gets to CL knockout rounds and international cups. I don't have time to watch all the other teams of football.
Fair enough, we all have lives outside the time we make for united. My post was written with tongue in cheek

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I dislike the fact that shaw has gone under the radar insofar as players leaving or being moved on are concerned.

He has no future at utd, the sooner he's sold the better. Newcastle would guy him asap, its much easier to sell him compared to rashford or fecking maguire.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I dislike the fact that shaw has gone under the radar insofar as players leaving or being moved on are concerned.

He has no future at utd, the sooner he's sold the better. Newcastle would guy him asap, its much easier to sell him compared to rashford or fecking maguire.
I'm very much in favour of selling while his stock is high and people still remember his Euros performance. Another year of what we've seen this campaign and his value will plummet.

The swing from what people were saying on Page 1 is wild. "He'll be our best player this year... a future captain, etc"

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Do we reckon ten Hag can get him back to his best or is he not his type of player?

I still think there's a really good player in there and he is ultimately a better player than Telles

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This guy has basically taken the entire season off, and not for the first time. That said, he’s the only full-back we have that we know has the quality to play for us. He timed his brilliant season badly for us in that it coincided with Nuno Mendes being on the market at the time. Had that been this summer, we may well have moved.

Due to sheer necessity, we need to give him one more season I think.

city-puma

He is simply paying the price of being overplayed last season all the way to the euro final.
for many players in the team, it will be a fresh start next season under ETH.

The United

Whats his injury?
Yeah, I wonder about that too.

I am normally not someone who accuses players of faking injuries. But, players like Cavani and a few just have been disappearing often this season with all the circus around makes me feel paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.