Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

He was absolutely fine, there were about three players more at fault for the goal than him.

Also, our only fullback who consistently keeps creating chances.

Strats

He's just really bad at defending at times. Just kept his eyes on the ball on the second goal, fecking infuriating

Think he'd be twice the player he is if he decided to get properly fit

arnie_ni

When we first signed him it was his defensive ability that stood out. Thought we'd get an Ashley Cole type.

Hes completely turned it around, for better in the opposite half than our own. Duno if it's just lack of concentration or laziness or whatever but he just hasn't been that good this season after bring the best lb in the world last season.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
How is he so out of shape? He’s never been the most switched on, defensively, but his conditioning can’t be helping.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Been class, but so poor this season. At fault for many too goals, not offering much going forward and gets caught out too often. Telles needs to come back into the team.

Himannv

I feel he was at his best in the last few minutes of the game after he got carded. Got stuck in more and was attacking with a lot more zest. I think Rangnick just needs to get in his head a bit and get him more motivated.

Shimo

1 yellow away from a 2 game suspension. He picks up a lot of silly yellow cards. Thought he did well again early in the game with some driving runs. For the second goal, it was weird because he looked at Rafina twice, second time he had just looked over his shoulder to where Rafina was, as he turned to look back towards the ball is when the ball was played and Rafina made his move, it was his man but, it was just a bit of bad timing because it was not like he was asleep.

TheReligion

Abusive
Was he as bad as some of the comments here? He got an assist and was up to the physical battle.

I didn’t see anything that bad to be honest

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
You can now bet your house he'd either lose his man or/and play someone onside. His defending has never been very good but now he's absolute shite.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He is bit slow to react which always makes him culprit for those far post tap ins and making attackers onside by not being in one line. But he offers way more in attack than Telles.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He is bit slow to react which always makes him culprit for those far post tap ins and making attackers onside by not being in one line. But he offers way more in attack than Telles.
Telles looks incredibly shaky defensively himself, which is why all our managers gravitate towards Shaw even when he isn't in great form.
We need actual competition for Shaw.

Mainoldo

Too talented for his own good. He really thinks football is a joke.

We need to replace him. I’m saying it too much… ran out of chances.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Shaw reached a level I hadn’t seen for many a year last season. He genuinely looked Maldini good. But ultimately, it has been 7 years and he’s had a fair crack at the gig and ultimately not managed to establish himself at the required standard.

Nuno Mendes was on the market at the wrong time for us last summer, given the season Shaw just had, but he’s the best young left back I’ve seen for a while. We may need to look at life beyond Shaw if he cannot recover his form quickly.

Dorris

Imagine the ones laying into him are the standard anti-English brigade. He was good yesterday with one lapse on the goal. We’re a miles better team with him in it.

EdinburghDevil

I feel Luke Shaw is a lot like Martial. Clearly talented and wouldn't be a surprise at all if he went somewhere else and played at a really high level.

However, 18 months out of 6 or 7 seasons isn't of the required standard for a Manchester United.

That all said, I think there are bigger areas of concern in the team and maybe not a complete surprise that Shaw's poor run in form has come at the same time that Maguire has been found wanting this season.

The summer window is about sorting midfield and bringing in a striker.

lex talionis

Not his best day, but nor his worst. Telles will get more action as the season grinds toward its conclusion, but who between Shaw and Telles will see us through that last month?

acnumber9

Imagine the ones laying into him are the standard anti-English brigade. He was good yesterday with one lapse on the goal. We’re a miles better team with him in it.
Just the ones with functioning eyes.

United in sin

Not his best day, but nor his worst. Telles will get more action as the season grinds toward its conclusion, but who between Shaw and Telles will see us through that last month?
Shaw without a doubt fitness allowing. That boy always rises to the challenge of a threat to his place.

It’s based on him looking like a fat Traveller, obviously.
Fat/body shaming eh, cool

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Shaw without a doubt fitness allowing. That boy always rises to the challenge of a threat to his place.

Fat/body shaming eh, cool
Sorry, you’re right. He should be proud of being so out of shape. Well done, Luke. Have another pizza.

BTW: I think he’s actually really good. He’d be a lot better if he was fitter. I can’t see how anyone could argue otherwise.

lex talionis

On the biggest matchday occasions we'll see more of Shaw than Telles, but based on this season alone there's not a whole lot of daylight between them.

hobbers

He looks like he's put on about 10kg of pure fat since about a year ago.

RedIan

Static for their goal just backed off. Poor offensively, looked disinterested which I’m sure he’s not but feck me show some desire.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shaw's not made for this level, hasn't got the concentration or the composure. Looked frightened from the first minute and never recovered.

AshRK

He is such an average footballer. I was looking at Lodi, when did shaw ever put a performance like that in a big game.

Lassitude42

Seems to mope around the pitch looking unhappy whilst making snidey fouls. Some bench time needed I think

Status
Not open for further replies.