Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

This Luke Shaw is among the best 2-3 LBs in the league. Absolutely beautiful player to watch, soft touch good clean passing and neat dribbling, also a big fast and power lad. Great to see.

Dorris

Made a fool of quite a few people in this thread. Not seen them post about him for a while.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Him and Martinez might be our technically best players along with Eriksen. First touch is smooth all the time.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He has such an insane first touch. Just never mis controls it. It’s crazy.
There was a pass to him in the second half, I think from Rashford, where Shaw was running so the ball went a bit behind him.

Most players have to stop, control it, then set off again, but not Shaw, just took the ball with one touch, moving it perfectly in front of him whilst barely breaking his stride.

He makes it look effortless.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Luke Shaw in this form is such an asset, it almost makes you more frustrated that we haven’t seen it more over the past 8 years.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Weird how often fullbacks have the best touch in the team. For all his many limitations in attack, Valencia’s first touch was always absolutely flawless.
Valencia was a winger far longer than he was a full back to be fair. And known for being a winger with a good touch and reliable cross.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Weird how often fullbacks have the best touch in the team. For all his many limitations in attack, Valencia’s first touch was always absolutely flawless.
To be fair Valencia was a Winger by trade who got converted into a FB. Technique wise I'd say Shaw is a level above Valencia. TAA and Cancelo are probably the only 2 FBs in the league I can think of who have his technical ability. For all their other attributes don't think Walker, James or Robertson are as good as Shaw technically.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think whilst the focus has always been on his fitness but this is one of the rare spells I am recognising how technically gifted he is. When he is fit he is such a good player to have

BorisManUtd

Luke Shaw in this form is such an asset, it almost makes you more frustrated that we haven’t seen it more over the past 8 years.
It's amazing to think he's been at the club for more than 8 years now, only De Gea and Jones have been at the club longer than him of current players. Time flies. Shaw was really unlucky at first as he was basically out of the team most of the time in his first 3 season with the club. Only started playing regularly from 2018/19 season.

Malone_Post

Luke Shaw’s first touch is as good, if not better, then Juan Mata’s. There I said it.

He’s been outstanding since he got back into the team. This inverted full back roll really does suit him well. It gives him far more influence on the game and he’s got the touch, skill and ability to play in tight congested areas of the pitch. He’s such a great outball too, you can pretty much just ping it at him at any point and he’ll deal with it. He’s so calm and composed. He could have quite easily have been a midfielder. He’s a joy to watch when he’s playing like this.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Malacia has done him good. Telles was never that much of a threat, we know he was bought to be a squad player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would be in a world 11 if first touch was the deciding factor.

He is one of the best pure footballers in the country, technique, composure, ability to play under pressure. Still young enough that he could have another 5-6 great years as well.
Yeah really think he's special in this regard. The problem is that he has seasons like last year where he lost the plot completely and kept ambling around defence.

bringbackbebe

Rock solid today along with Dalot. He had several interceptions in the West Ham half to start a counter and solid defensively. Long may this patch continue and be permanent.

united for life

there is a pattern. He drops form, we buy a competition, he turns into shawberto carlos. Forget training him, just make sure someone competes for his spot

Slevs

likes to play with penises
When he's on it, damn, you won't find any better. If this guy had elite motivation, he'd genuinely be the best in the world every time.

Real Name

He's in incredible form right now and he's one of the most techically astute players in the squad.

Will he be a starter in Qatar?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's in incredible form right now and he's one of the most techically astute players in the squad.

Will he be a starter in Qatar?
100%

Southgate always has his favourites and Luke is one of them... he's always preferred him over Chilwell.

Hell he's prefered right backs playing at left back over Chilwell, which is bit daft as Chilwell's decent, but yeah.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He's looking really good right now other than his crossing which is still usually straight at the defender.

romufc

Long may this continue, Shaw in this form is probably the best LB in the league. Technically, might be the best player in the squad but its his mentality which lets him down.

I hope he continues this form. Interesting to see who Soughtate prefers for England.

poleglass red

His first touch is so good as is his crossing, really impressing me of late. I'll be honest, start of the season I wanted rid of him. In this form he's as good as any full back.

Elcabron

First touch, composure and strength are a joy to watch, they really are. Him and Martinez are great on that left side. Pleasure to watch.

Real Name

100%

Southgate always has his favourites and Luke is one of them... he's always preferred him over Chilwell.

Hell he's prefered right backs playing at left back over Chilwell, which is bit daft as Chilwell's decent, but yeah.
Well deserved then.

amolbhatia50k

When he's on it, damn, you won't find any better. If this guy had elite motivation, he'd genuinely be the best in the world every time.
Yeah if he had a top mentality he'd be one of the PL greats IMO. The talent is immense.

amolbhatia50k

Made a fool of quite a few people in this thread. Not seen them post about him for a while.
Not sure who you're referring to but he was piss poor last season and thats the issue with Shaw. He oscillates between smashing good and disinterested and meandering. Some of his 'tracking' of defenders was laughable last season. Then you see him when he's on it and he's fantastic.

Let's just hope he's found the right manager for him in ETH.

Shimo

Not sure who you're referring to but he was piss poor last season and thats the issue with Shaw. He oscillates between smashing good and disinterested and meandering. Some of his 'tracking' of defenders was laughable last season. Then you see him when he's on it and he's fantastic.

Seems to be at his best when given competition and is dropped for performance reasons. So with ETH being the way he has so far, he will have to keep his concentration to keep his spot. Well that and his injuries, comes down with one that keeps him out for while every season.

Raven

Everyone was terrible last season.

GledTheRed

This Luke Shaw is among the best 2-3 LBs in the league. Absolutely beautiful player to watch, soft touch good clean passing and neat dribbling, also a big fast and power lad. Great to see.
Top 2-3 left backs in the world on form.

He's the best pure left back in the league for me.

Zlatans Knee

Brilliant player when on form, I can't understand why he doesn't shoot more often though. I think he has a decent shot on him but sometimes he seems reluctant to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.