• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

- 4 loses in a row for the first time in 50 years
- went through December without winning a single game
- 2 shots on target in our last 2 games
- second lowest number of chances created in the league
- failed to score in the first half of our home games in 11(eleven!!) consecutive games and scored only 2 all season(one was an OG)
- lowest point tally in PL era
- lowest goals per game in PL era
- lower winrate than Moyes
- every single player is under performing, except maybe Smalling
- failed to qualify from one of the easiest groups possible in the CL
- went out of the League Cup at home against Championship opponent
- worst brand of football in the league by far

Job status: UNTOUCHABLE :lol:
Sad reading. Don't think anyone can argue with that either

rpitchfo

Last 10 matches (overall)
GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Leicester City 10 5 4 1 14 6 +8 19
2 Tottenham 10 5 3 2 17 8 +9 18
3 Manchester City 10 5 3 2 18 10 +8 18
4 Arsenal 10 5 3 2 14 11 +3 18
5 Watford 10 5 1 4 15 12 +3 16
6 Bournemouth 10 4 4 2 13 11 +2 16
7 West Ham Utd 10 3 6 1 12 8 +4 15
8 Chelsea 10 3 5 2 15 11 +4 14
9 Stoke City 10 4 2 4 13 13 0 14
10 Liverpool 10 4 2 4 13 17 -4 14
11 Southampton 10 4 1 5 13 10 +3 13
12 Crystal Palace 10 3 3 4 10 14 -4 12
13 West Bromwich 10 2 5 3 10 13 -3 11
14 Newcastle Utd 10 3 2 5 12 16 -4 11
15 Swansea City 10 3 2 5 8 13 -5 11
16 Norwich City 10 3 2 5 12 19 -7 11
17 Manchester Utd 10 2 4 4 9 12 -3 10
18 Sunderland 10 3 1 6 14 20 -6 10
19 Everton 10 1 6 3 16 18 -2 9
20 Aston Villa 10 1 5 4 8 14 -6 8

What's it going to take?

Oneunited26

Last 10 matches (overall)
GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Leicester City 10 5 4 1 14 6 +8 19
2 Tottenham 10 5 3 2 17 8 +9 18
3 Manchester City 10 5 3 2 18 10 +8 18
4 Arsenal 10 5 3 2 14 11 +3 18
5 Watford 10 5 1 4 15 12 +3 16
6 Bournemouth 10 4 4 2 13 11 +2 16
7 West Ham Utd 10 3 6 1 12 8 +4 15
8 Chelsea 10 3 5 2 15 11 +4 14
9 Stoke City 10 4 2 4 13 13 0 14
10 Liverpool 10 4 2 4 13 17 -4 14
11 Southampton 10 4 1 5 13 10 +3 13
12 Crystal Palace 10 3 3 4 10 14 -4 12
13 West Bromwich 10 2 5 3 10 13 -3 11
14 Newcastle Utd 10 3 2 5 12 16 -4 11
15 Swansea City 10 3 2 5 8 13 -5 11
16 Norwich City 10 3 2 5 12 19 -7 11
17 Manchester Utd 10 2 4 4 9 12 -3 10
18 Sunderland 10 3 1 6 14 20 -6 10
19 Everton 10 1 6 3 16 18 -2 9
20 Aston Villa 10 1 5 4 8 14 -6 8

What's it going to take?
Relegation?

SirAF

Ageist
I know that we are not supposed to post GIFs/etc in the football forums.. However, this MUST be appropriate!

goin4glory

The only way anything we're doing right now makes sense is if we have Pep lined up for the summer. Thinking over all the scenarios:

If we wanted Mourinho why not just give him the job now instead of waiting? Our chances are much greater of getting top 4 with him.

If we want Giggs as the long term manager why not give it to him now instead of waiting? United is at such an incredible low point now it's a win win. If they still look like shit LVG will get all the blame and if he turns it around he's a saviour.

If Pep has agreed to take the United job then it makes sense to avoid having Giggs take over in case he's a big success as then there would be a swell of support for him as permanent manager.

The other argument is that Woodward simply doesn't have a fecking clue what he's doing and just makes it up as he goes along.

spwd

If we keep him then we will need to add some world class players in the summer. How will the club sell the move to the player? Come play under a manager who is hated by his own fans, who plays awful football and won't be here in 12 months time. To top it off, we don't know who's taking over.

And we might not even have CL to offer. I hope the board is thinking about that.
Exactly what top player in their right mind would join us, on the other hand if we had mourinho he would help lure players.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The only way anything we're doing right now makes sense is if we have Pep lined up for the summer. Thinking over all the scenarios:

If we wanted Mourinho why not just give him the job now instead of waiting? Our chances are much greater of getting top 4 with him.

If we want Giggs as the long term manager why not give it to him now instead of waiting? United is at such an incredible low point now it's a win win. If they still look like shit LVG will get all the blame and if he turns it around he's a saviour.

If Pep has agreed to take the United job then it makes sense to avoid having Giggs take over in case he's a big success as then there would be a swell of support for him as permanent manager.

The other argument is that Woodward simply doesn't have a fecking clue what he's doing and just makes it up as he goes along.

Yep! That'll be it.

Oneunited26

The fact reports saying he had to talk to the players to see what they think, sums up the derp that is Mr Ed Wooward

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Start contacting the club sponsors.

If enough people put pressure on the club sponsors then the likelyhood is the club would respond .

ravi2

It's probably the only time he should listen to the Caf.
I am not sure who Woodward is listening to at this point but it sure isnt the popular opinion.
It really boggles the mind that LVG is still the manager of MUFC, it just doesn't make sense.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Pep is the reason he's still in a job. Seems clear to me that we want Pep and will fight with City and Chelsea for him this Summer.

As a result we can't make a permanent appointment now (Jose) so would need someone to come in on a temporary basis. Who's available that would come in under those conditions? Giggs, arguably, but you could understand the board's reluctance to put him in charge given his involvement in the current regime and his lack of experience.

For me, that's the reason he's going nowhere until the end of the season and we'd all just may as well accept it. As ridiculous as that seems

Devil81

Regardless of whether he's in charge or not, wins are what's important. We need a cup run, it would be tragic to go out on Friday.

Surely it would make sense to give a new manager the extra time before our next league game.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Pep is the reason he's still in a job. Seems clear to me that we want Pep and will fight with City and Chelsea for him this Summer.

As a result we can't make a permanent appointment now (Jose) so would need someone to come in on a temporary basis. Who's available that would come in under those conditions? Giggs, arguably, but you could understand the board's reluctance to put him in charge given his involvement in the current regime and his lack of experience.

For me, that's the reason he's going nowhere until the end of the season and we'd all just may as well accept it. As ridiculous as that seems
If that's the case, then we're a shambles. We can't wait that long. City and Pep might agree to string us along so that we miss out on everyone, including Mourinho.we have to act now.

ravi2

Looking at how our club has been run from a footballing perspective since Woodward took over, I truly believe he is out of his depth as a the Executive VC of MUFC.
Some of the shit he does is just downright farcical.

He is an accountant who became an investment banker and has zero footballing experience and his ineptitude on all matters football reflects this. I get that he was given charge of the commercial and media operations of MUFC but why is he making footballing decisions? Does the board not have a problem with this?

I feel the the only way for our club to truly progress is to get Woodward out of the footballing side of things and back on the commercial side.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Well we aren't going to make the top 4 with LVG so get rid of the cancer. Anyone else will do right now.

Carl

If that's the case, then we're a shambles. We can't wait that long. City and Pep might agree to string us along so that we miss out on everyone, including Mourinho.we have to act now.
How do you know we're not acting now? Didn't we apparently meet with Pep in Paris last week?

Carl

Well we aren't going to make the top 4 with LVG so get rid of the cancer. Anyone else will do right now.
I'm in favour of chucking Giggs in for now. Just trying to offer a possible explanation as to why we've, inexplicably, not pulled the trigger yet.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How do you know we're not acting now? Didn't we apparently meet with Pep in Paris last week?
Unless he has signed on the dotted line, which I seriously doubt, then it's a dangerous game to play. Are we going to let the team sink just for a chance at Pep?

In all likelihood he has agreed to go to City already. What if he just plays us along and we end up with no Pep, no Mourinho and a team outside of the CL places still managed by fecking Van Gaal? It's not even worth the risk.

Drifter

American
Would you be happy watching that rubbish all season and our club becoming even more of a laughing stock?
Laughing stock from who exactly. No one is happy with the football being played at the moment.But i don't think we will have a miraculous turn around a third of the way into the season. Say goodbye to him at the end of the season and give Giggs the pre season and transfer budget to ready the team.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

I really want to believe we're doing this:( but not optimistic.

Why don't we just put Warren Joyce in as interim? Sure this has been suggested before on the Caf - and I would support this. I know he's only been working with the Under 21s but at least he's been in charge of a team - something Giggs has not done.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
City and Pep might agree to string us along so that we miss out on everyone, including Mourinho.we have to act now.
I never thought of this.
It wouldn't surprise me if MCFC and Pep agree to keep stringing us along, so we miss out on another top manager and waste time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Laughing stock from who exactly. No one is happy with the football being played at the moment.But i don't think we will have a miraculous turn around a third of the way into the season. Say goodbye to him at the end of the season and give Giggs the pre season and transfer budget to ready the team.
Creating a positive dynamic now will help the team morale for next season but also give more credibilty to whoever manage us when we will discuss with potential transfer targets.

Adebesi

I've definitely had this thought but I'm not letting myself get too excited about it, given how sometimes logical explanations tend to be the wrong ones.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
BBC Radio 5Live right now has a show on talking about just United as far as I can hear. Savage and United fan Chappers are heading it. Worth a listen.

Adebesi

Yeah we shouldn't wait on the off chance. If he has agreed to come we might want to keep it quiet for a bit, and it might be tricky finding a stop gap solution if Giggs doesn't want to do it.

If he can't decide now we should go with someone else, ie Maureen. We can't afford to mess about.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If Giggs is saying he won't take the job as a temp, that could be interpreted as an act of loyalty to LVG. If he said he'd act as a temp, LVG would surely be out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.