LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Not to him obviously.

Also, I've found the solution to dealing with how shit we've become. I've let the madness in.
Me too brah. Shmoking 3 pieces of gnocchi stuck together with wood glue while I'm writing this.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This journalism lark looks piss easy.

United to replace LVG with a duck

"Ed Woodward is putting into place the final touches to his audacious bid to replace struggling manager Louis Van Gaal with a cardboard cut out of Neo from the movie Star Trek, famous for his fight with Darth Vaper. However, at this time it is also possible that none of this will happen.
When approached for comment, the duck told this reporter that if he were given the job he would restore United to their famous style and play the teams in more aquacking formations."

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This journalism lark looks piss easy.

United to replace LVG with a duck

"Ed Woodward is putting into place the final touches to his audacious bid to replace struggling manager Louis Van Gaal with a cardboard cut out of Neo from the movie Star Trek, famous for his fight with Darth Vaper. However, at this time it is also possible that none of this will happen.
When approached for comment, the duck told this reporter that if he were given the job he would restore United to their famous style and play the teams in more aquacking formations."
:lol:

Dong Fangzhuo

Papers were saying we held talks over Renato Sanches last week, he'd be my guess as to who he vetoed.
Seems highly unlikely the club would allow a dead manager walking to veto a deal for an 18 y/o the scouting team has identified as a potential superstar (if reports are to be believed). More likely it's someone older for the here and now. Even more likely is that Mitten is pulling made up BS out of his arse again.

Devil may care

Not sure I agree with this, I think the right manager could get this group of players going, they are no way near as bad as they look imo.

Once we get Shaw back then we need a top class CB, and right winger, I think then we could be good to go next season.
I don't think so, what you're suggesting involves a clapped out Rooney still starting every week and being the one responsible for the goal scoring, and a midfield that is too old and lacks mobility. No matter who comes in we need another chunk of investment to make this team a title competitor rather than a top 4 scraper.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
if a transfer was vetoed last week, then why has it taken mitten this long to report it?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
if a transfer was vetoed last week, then why has it taken mitten this long to report it?
He was preparing the report for a while, obviously. Gotta get that mileage out of the prepare thing while it's only mildly stale

Roboc7

Going nowhere for a while because they don't want to appoint mourinho and the club have no clue who else to appoint other than giggs who they won't want to throw into this mess.

If klopp or Ancelotti were available I think he would have gone but the people running the club aren't competent,they have struggled to appoint managers, had to settle for people who weren't first choice and were free agents.

peridigm

Shaw is unfortunate, but after Shaw who else? With LVG it is very much a case of square pegs in round holes. We didn't have a back up left back so we threw Darmian and Young there.

How, for the money spent do we not have a proper backup leftback?
We do. One is injured and the other is our primary CB.

Spoony

The People's President
Mendes must be licking his lips. If he has any smarts, he'll be playing to the fans ears. Get us wanting Mourinho enough, and he'll have more negotiating power.

I wonder how many stars he's got under his spell? Ronaldo, James Rodriguez, Silva?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Just in case anyone is interested in listening to the first 30 minutes of the 5Live Monday night football show where it was all about LVG's future and the rumours flying around and how valid/invalid they might be, as well as some good opinions. Includes John Motson, Robbie Savage, Chappers and Rory Smith from The Times newspaper, so it's an interesting discussion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06xxwz1

Skip the first 3 minutes because it's just a news update

C'est Moi Cantona

Just in case anyone is interested in listening to the first 30 minutes of the 5Live Monday night football show where it was all about LVG's future and the rumours flying around and how valid/invalid they might be, as well as some good opinions. Includes John Motson, Robbie Savage, Chappers and Rory Smith from The Times newspaper, so it's an interesting discussion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06xxwz1

Skip the first 3 minutes because it's just a news update
Could you summaries?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Could you summaries?
It's nothing groundbreaking by it just reinforces what we've all been saying here, it's just interesting to hear a professional BBC show saying it too.

£40 million lost not being in the Champions League. Miguel Delaney is well regarded by other journos so they think the Mourinho love letter story might not be entirely false. The reaction from the fans shows that his time is up. The infrastructure is lagging behind City's but not nearly as much as people think (Savage's kid plays for the youth team and he doesn't think that the quality of the facilities are as bad as some folk are claiming). If Giggs has been groomed by two managers to take over then he's only been shown what not to do and therefore he's not been given the education that the board hoped he would get, and Neville's work in Spain may be making the board think twice about throwing Giggs in at the deep end without any previous management experience. LVG's policy of supporting youth goes against Woodward's policy of trying to be the new Real Madrid.

Sorry but that's all I can remember.

C'est Moi Cantona

It's nothing groundbreaking by it just reinforces what we've all been saying here, it's just interesting to hear a professional BBC show saying it too.

£40 million lost not being in the Champions League. Miguel Delaney is well regarded by other journos so they think the Mourinho love letter story might not be entirely false. The reaction from the fans shows that his time is up. The infrastructure is lagging behind City's but not nearly as much as people think (Savage's kid plays for the youth team and he doesn't think that the quality of the facilities are as bad as some folk are claiming). If Giggs has been groomed by two managers to take over then he's only been shown what not to do and therefore he's not been given the education that the board hoped he would get, and Neville's work in Spain may be making the board think twice about throwing Giggs in at the deep end without any previous management experience. LVG's policy of supporting youth goes against Woodward's policy of trying to be the new Real Madrid.

Sorry but that's all I can remember.
Thanks, I really hope they take this advice with Giggs, he is destined to fail really, and that would be sad to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.