LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

'I hope we don't get top 4 so LVG is sacked' is the new 'Class of 92 is ensuring Giggs is our new manager' ..'Power struggle within Old Trafford'.
All just hurting your heads for no reason.

pauldyson1uk

If we manage to steal 4th and we win the FA Cup , I think there is going to be a lot of angry people on here.
Unless he decides he has had enough , he wont be sacked, 4th and the FA Cup will be seen has good enough for him to see out his last year.

Smores

If we manage to steal 4th and we win the FA Cup , I think there is going to be a lot of angry people on here.
Unless he decides he has had enough , he wont be sacked, 4th and the FA Cup will be seen has good enough for him to see out his last year.
Our club isn't run on sentiment, if they don't think he'll progress us further next season they'll sack him.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Our club isn't run on sentiment, if they don't think he'll progress us further next season they'll sack him.
If they didn't believe he still had more to offer us they'd have sacked him back in the horror show that was december.
By letting him see out the season, they must have some faith in him, and when we get 4th and a cup I don't see why they would suddenly show a ruthless streak that was utterly absent back at christmas.

LvG has to be the jammiest git on this planet.

Last edited:

Smores

No they wont , I am sticking my neck out and saying he will be in charge next season.
Perhaps, im certainly not certain he'll be sacked. I think if he stays it's an indication that the club is happy to scrape 4th place for a while.

DenisIrwin

If they didn't believe he still had more to offer us they'd have sacked him back in the horror show that was december.
By letting him see out the season, they must have some faith in him, and when we get 4th and a cup I don't see why they would suddenly show a ruthless streak that was utterly absent back at christmas.

LvG has to be the jammiest git on this planet.
Louis Van Gaal = Lotta Damn Gall

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think even Fred the Red could have done a better job. It was beyond belief some of the sub decisions and team selections.
Every game needs a full back substitution. That is the philosophy. Accept it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Let's get top 4 and win the FA cup. A decent farewell to LVG and great foundation for a new manager.

Will Absolute

Let's get top 4 and win the FA cup. A decent farewell to LVG and great foundation for a new manager.
Not a great foundation. After a huge financial outlay the quality of the team leaves a lot to be desired. To bring us up to standard we'll have to spend like drunken sailors over the summer. Let's hope the money is available.

Will Absolute

some saying we will give Mourinho 300 million GBP.

He should be able to get some good players with that.
Mourinho is at the top of his game and has recently managed in Italy, Spain and England. After watching us for months, he must have a good idea of what we need and where to find it. If that kind of cash is available, I'd be optimistic.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/38940/20160425/manchester-united-to-hand-£300-million-to-jose-mourinho-for-new-players.htm

The reports in relation to the next managerial appointment at Manchester United have been swirling around for a few months now and it seems that former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is going be in charge of the club from the start of the 2016-17 season. The club expect to announce the appointment in the coming weeks but the bigger news is that fact that Manchester United are also going to hand him a monstrous transfer budget in order to make sure that the club are able to build a squad that can compete on all fronts against the best teams in the world.

According to exclusive reports published in the British publication named The Daily Star, Jose Mourinho is going to be given a transfer kitty totalling £300 million and considering sort of budgets that the former Real Madrid manager has worked with at his previous, this is a budget that dwarfs them all. However, it needs to be mentioned that the club have not been frugal with their transfer spending as they were during the time of Sir Alex Ferguson and in fact, the present manager Louis van Gaal has spent in excess of £200 million in his two season at the club but the results have not been what the club expected.

The club are hell bent on bringing about an exciting new brand of football to Old Trafford after fans had voiced their displeasure at the club's style of play over the 2015-16 and the fact that United have returned their worst goals tally in a quarter of a century gives the boring angle some credence. Some of the players who have been linked with a move to Manchester United are Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who woulod move on a free transfer and Neymer Junior from Barcelona, In addition to that, Borussia Dortmund's central defender Mats Hummels, Paris Saint Germain's Edison Cavani and Juventus' midfield superstar Paul Pogba are also thought to be on the radar. In order to bring those sort of players to Old Trafford, United would need a hefty transfer budget.

EDIT: That must have been $300 million

Red Dreams

Mourinho is at the top of his game and has recently managed in Italy, Spain and England. After watching us for months, he must have a good idea of what we need and where to find it. If that kind of cash is available, I'd be optimistic.
He will also get the best out of current players. But I do think some will be sold. Or just retire..Carrick. not sure if he may go into coaching.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
According to exclusive reports published in the British publication named The Daily Star
Daily Star. A place with 'articles' such as "WATCH: Girl strips naked and beg strangers for sex", "Curvy women with D-K cup boobs strip for lingerie competition" and "GRAPHIC CONTENT: Naked couple caught having VERY public roadside sex"

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Daily Star. A place with 'articles' such as "WATCH: Girl strips naked and beg strangers for sex", "Curvy women with D-K cup boobs strip for lingerie competition" and "GRAPHIC CONTENT: Naked couple caught having VERY public roadside sex"
You seem very familiar with their stuff Damo ;)

Brophs

The One and Only
I think the delay in naming Mourinho is related to us qualifying for CL, FA Cup win....and him accepting Giggs the tattle tale ;)
Any manager on their way in would need rocks in their head to keep Giggs on after his very open campaign for his boss' job this season. Mourinho has a bad few months and he'll be at the same. Why put the fox in the hen house at all?

Red Dreams

Any manager on their way in would need rocks in their head to keep Giggs on after his very open campaign for his boss' job this season. Mourinho has a bad few months and he'll be at the same. Why put the fox in the hen house at all?
Giggs really should go for the Celtic job..if it is still available or a good Championship side. I think he does have ability. But the United job if it is true he is lobbying for sounds a bit arrogant.

peridigm

Top 6 will be very tight next season. Can't see LVG keeping us competing with that let alone 4th. We've gone down hill this season. New managers and all aside, we need to improve on all fronts. Players, style, and tactics. He may be leaving at the end of the season but I feel it will be difficult for whomever takes over. I'd feel more confident if it were Jose. Less confident if it were Giggs. It's going to be a long few weeks.

Djemba-Djemba

I think he's going after the cup final no matter what happens.

Very important that we are in the Champions League for when Mourinho comes in. Ideally with a bit of silverware too, get that milestone sorted. First trophy after Fergie and all that.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
a few of the chaps in the west ham GDT are saying they're coming round to the idea of keeping lvg if he captures 4th and gets us the FA cup.

i might be a lot of things, but i'm not fickle. i don't care if we score 1000 goals in our final three matches. i want this cretin gone.

Cathy Ferguson

Very important that we are in the Champions League for when Mourinho comes in. Ideally with a bit of silverware too, get that milestone sorted. First trophy after Fergie and all that.
I agree. A top 4 finish and a FA cup would be a decent return and LvG can leave with his head held high (he would do that no matter what happened).

But we have not progressed this season and it would be stupid to keep LvG for another season and let Mou join someone else.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst

I know we are just going round in circles but why give him a 3 year contract(And a shit ton of influence at the club) and make it clear that Giggs has to be the assistant manager(Van Gaal seems to think Giggs is the next United Manager after him). To then just drop it all seems slightly odd, especially in a season where we could potentially end up in a Top 4 finish and a FA Cup, even if the manager coming in is Mourinho

spwd

Not a great foundation. After a huge financial outlay the quality of the team leaves a lot to be desired. To bring us up to standard we'll have to spend like drunken sailors over the summer. Let's hope the money is available.
And change our style of play!

Amir

I know we are just going round in circles but why give him a 3 year contract(And a shit ton of influence at the club) and make it clear that Giggs has to be the assistant manager(Van Gaal seems to think Giggs is the next United Manager after him). To then just drop it all seems slightly odd, especially in a season where we could potentially end up in a Top 4 finish and a FA Cup, even if the manager coming in is Mourinho
You're talking as if this is a success. It's not. And it's achieved with bad, boring football which gives little promise for the future.

The three-year plan with Giggs following may have been a decent one, but it hasn't worked. So it needs to be changed.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
You're talking as if this is a success. It's not. And it's achieved with bad, boring football which gives little promise for the future.

The three-year plan with Giggs following may have been a decent one, but it hasn't worked. So it needs to be changed.
Might be for the ''board'' of United who are a slight more realistic into terms of target's. If we take that the first year of LVG was just about getting Top 4 then the second season can't really be much better, can it ? It's likely United expected a title challenge and further into the CL but that's really the ideal outcome, a possible second season in the CL and potential FA Cup can't be that far down the list,. Dare I say that most here would have taken that at the start of the season.

As for football the type of football we are playing, we'r on and off(Mostly off). While most of the season we've played shite football at times we've played the best stuff in years. So it's hardly enough of a reason to sack someone(Also the guy you would replacing LVG with is hardly known for his great attacking football).

Again just saying it seems odd that mid way through your 3 year plan you throw it all way because you (potentially) end the season with a FA Cup and Top 4 finish.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sounds like my kind of toilet reading!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Okay...you've sold me.
I'm buying that paper first thing tomorrow morning. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.