g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Comet

i point out 250 for the shit football add to that what DFM spent - 300m for this :lol: , and not having net spend bullshit.
I'm not talking about net spend like some bullshit Liverpool fan, my point was that the 250 million was not a waste despite the shit football on display. Whoever replaces LvG can still work with the likes of Martial, Herrera, Memphis, Shaw, and Schneiderlin. Blind is the Dutch John O'Shea if you will, and is still a good squad player. Schweinsteiger might be over the hill but has valuable experience and presence.

no replacement for chich so we have wiggy as 3rd choice get to feck! another :lol:.
I have no idea what you are talking about here. Please attempt to at least communicate more like an adult. Again, Chichartio was poor for us and for Real. His build up play is poor, while he is at his most effective as a goal poacher. It's highly doubtful that he would even have a meaningful contribution in our team when we are even struggling to get the ball into the opponent's 6 yard box. Using the sale of Chicharito to beat LvG with is meaninglesss.

pplaying players out of position because he's left himself with no choice.

He was been known to play players out of position. His decision to played Schweinsteiger out of position turned into goal, as is the same with David Alaba. It's not only when he came to Man Utd he started playing players out of position.

Sir Alex himself is known to do this quite often. Remember Rafael in center mid?

lastly youth players or youngsters chucked into games that need to be won is fecking mental. he's fecked it with the whole squad.
Calm down dude. The only legit complaint you on this point is that LvG's substitutions made no sense.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If reports are to be believed (Ducker Times), then apparently Ed talked LvG out of quitting twice at over the Christmas period? Why in heck would he do that?

Red Comet

The part in red seems completely made up. He was appreciated that he found Valencia something worthwhile to do. He was derided for not allowing Rafael the same no of chances.
And Young was a bit of success in the 3-5-2 and when we moved him forward to wings when we played the rare 4 at the back.
Besides the above, playing players out of their positions doesn't always create Bastians. Some players just wither away and lose interest and focus and form. Playing Rooney all over the team positions hardly made him do any wonders last season. Same with pushing ADM to forward position just for some pace.
LvG does make stuff that sometimes doesn't make sense to normal people.
Playing Young at RB, when he was good and decent in various positions on the left in last season.
Martial was found good in FW... So he was moved to left.. He was more than decent there as well. So LvG tried him on right in a recent match.

Coming to sale of Chicharito, it is not the sale of Chicha which is the stick. It is the lack of replacements and thinking Rooney can do 25+ goals and take the team ahead that is the problem.

Coming to the playing young players part, playing Nick Powell in place of Mata at Wolfsburg in a must win game hardly would have helped Powell develop. Not to mention that the lad has just 6 months left in contract and there is no news of his extension. Some decisions make sense, some don't.
I agree with you on most points. With regards to the right back problem, while it was obvious LvG strongly prefers Valencia over Rafael for some reasons, he also acknowledges that this is a problem and got in Darmian.

You could argue that ADM could well turn out to be as effective as Arjen Robben was for Bayern, but he wasn't committed to us enough for us to find out.

Rooney... well LvG wasn't the first manager who thought that his combative approach to games could be harness from the center of midfield. Rooney is hardly setting the world alight in his forward role this season as well.

Playing Young in RB and Darmain is LB is a weird one though, and I agree fully on that. It's something along the line of "genius" if it works and "bonkers" if it doesn't.

In any case, putting players all over the pitch isn't exclusive to LvG. A certain Sir Alex does that often as well.

But again, I agree with you on most things that you mentioned.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If reports are to be believed (Ducker Times), then apparently Ed talked LvG out of quitting twice at over the Christmas period? Why in heck would he do that?
Because board members are happy with van Gaal's work here. Even if he doesn't make top 4 this season (and he obviously won't), he will get another season because for some reason they are highly impressed with his work for the club.

He will probably have the next three matches as his 'final chance'. If he can get at least one 0-0 draw in them he will have zero reason go quit (like after Chelsea).

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The biggest problem if you read the fanzines/subscribe to certain forums who have a decent record at getting things right is this-
  • Ferguson/ charlton dont want mourinho as they will further lose control of the club. He wont be a yes man and his high chance of success will mean their influence on things is nullified giving Woodward lot of power.
  • Giggs wants the manager job full time and Sbc And Saf want him to take it as they will have some semblence of control. Gill does not think this should happen.
  • Woodward does not want to look bad on basis of 2 bad appointments. It decreases his stature within the club. It will cost the club money to sack him and that is not something woodward wants to do. There is a forum that also says that woodward has stopped Lvg from resigning 2 times as he wants him till the summer. Lvg's health is adversly affected by the pressure on him.
  • Mourinho wants the job desperately. He even has studied united team and as u might hear in press has identified targets. The only thjng is if gets job now ir at end of season. This is hugely opposed by Sbc/SAF.
  • There is a continuous power struggle at OT , Its like Rock of gibraltar case where fergie went berserk. He dint care who owned jnited back then, he doesnt now.
This is what is being said on various forums and fanzines. I think there is some truth here. How much i do not knw.
The sad thing is I think most of that is true.

Summit

Because board members are happy with van Gaal's work here. Even if he doesn't make top 4 this season (and he obviously won't), he will get another season because for some reason they are highly impressed with his work for the club.

He will probably have the next three matches as his 'final chance'. If he can get at least one 0-0 draw in them he will have zero reason go quit (like after Chelsea).
Can't see how, we had David Gill (although not in a position of authority anymore) saying how we've underachieved considering the investment and our football is unattractive.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I know these journalists are known to make a lot of shit but I wouldn't be surprised if this one was true. He looked a completely broken man after the Stoke defeat; a man ready to walk away from his misery, but then the usual arrogance was back after the Chelsea draw. He definitely got a vote confidence from someone.

NK86

The biggest problem if you read the fanzines/subscribe to certain forums who have a decent record at getting things right is this-
  • Ferguson/ charlton dont want mourinho as they will further lose control of the club. He wont be a yes man and his high chance of success will mean their influence on things is nullified giving Woodward lot of power.
  • Giggs wants the manager job full time and Sbc And Saf want him to take it as they will have some semblence of control. Gill does not think this should happen.
  • Woodward does not want to look bad on basis of 2 bad appointments. It decreases his stature within the club. It will cost the club money to sack him and that is not something woodward wants to do. There is a forum that also says that woodward has stopped Lvg from resigning 2 times as he wants him till the summer. Lvg's health is adversly affected by the pressure on him.
  • Mourinho wants the job desperately. He even has studied united team and as u might hear in press has identified targets. The only thjng is if gets job now ir at end of season. This is hugely opposed by Sbc/SAF.
  • There is a continuous power struggle at OT , Its like Rock of gibraltar case where fergie went berserk. He dint care who owned jnited back then, he doesnt now.
This is what is being said on various forums and fanzines. I think there is some truth here. How much i do not knw.
If the points about SAF and SBC worrying about losing control are even remotely true, I think we would be best served by them no longer being part of the board. Maybe keep them on as ambassadors, but I also think it is time we didn't have such huge stalwarts trying to influence everything. Maybe get a proper DOF but we should not get into a situation where a potential manager gets undermined.

itso 7

I would argue that he did drop Mata, McNair, Young, Herrera and Depay when they did not do what he wanted or perform as he wanted. Maybe even Schniederlin. There is also an argument to say that he did it with ADM. He chose the players, so there is no defense for that, and he will be accountable for that.

Maybe I am just a different breed from some of you, and we have probably all played the game, but I doubt very much whether any of our abilities dropped just because the coach said I want you to man mark him, or stay out wide, hold your position. We have probably all had games where we just didn't feel right physically or mentally and it affected our game. That is not the fault of the coaches or managers. If he doesn't do something about it during the game, if he has the luxury, then sure he should get what he deserves. But not all player performances are the managers fault. Also, when a player like Depay does the header at Stoke, Adnan in the Southampton match, why turn on the manager. The players fecked up.
I agree to an extent but what we have seen this season - a collective, serious downturn of performances from everyone bar DDG, Smalling and Martial, suggests deeper fundamental flaws in the way the squad is conditioned, the manager's instructions and the general way thesquad is being run. Every new signing, bar Martial, is arguably playing worse than he did at his previous club whilst the players we already had are getting progressively worse even though he deserves credit for salvaging Young's United career.
All in all we can say that his attempts to force his methods on the squad instead of adjusting his methods to his squad's strengths and limitations. Being asked to consistently do something beyond your capabilities or that neuters your key strengths is bound to frustrate and that will, in turn, affect the player mentally and once he is disillusioned then that player could be lost forever.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Jesus Christ. As if Monday mornings agent bad enough as it is. If this is true he needs to follow him out the door.

Tosicsleftpeg

I just think we are trying to buy time now, if Giggs is appointed the whole backroom staff need changing which takes a while. I think he is waiting till summer to bring in a whole coaching and managerial team.

Sarni

Can't see how, we had David Gill (although not in a position of authority anymore) saying how we've underachieved considering the investment and our football is unattractive.
Yeah but Gill isn't Woodward. Woodward's stance might be completely different.

kps88

Find it hard to believe anyone on the board would actually be happy with what's happening right now. Being unhappy and sacking the manager are two different things though.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
So much heartbreak. This United side barely resembles a top flight team with ambitions for success. The players play terrible football and have an even worse attitude. There is no passion, fight or bite in them. They all seem content with picking up their wages irrespective of the results or performances.

Bloody mercenaries the lot of them.

We could do with a bit of Roy Keane at the club to instill a sense of what should be expected of a United player.

To make matters worse, they then do the mandatory post match interviews with rehearsed scripts devoid of any emotional comprehension of the crap they have been serving us.

walkinhop

So much heartbreak. This United side barely resembles a top flight team with ambitions for success. The players play terrible football and have an even worse attitude. There is no passion, fight or bite in them. They all seem content with picking up their wages irrespective of the results or performances.

Bloody mercenaries the lot of them.

We could do with a bit of Roy Keane at the club to instill a sense of what should be expected of a United player.

To make matters worse, they then do the mandatory post match interviews with rehearsed scripts devoid of any emotional comprehension of the crap they have been serving us.
Welcome to the Business world of Football in 2016.

Sarni

And Woodward isn't the entire board.
But he's the most important one and will likely get the final vote. I am literally trying to find a reason why we kept van Gaal beyond December or why we deemed a 0-0 home draw to Chelsea and a scrappy 2-1 win over one of the worst teams in the division as job saving results.

Summit

But he's the most important one and will likely get the final vote. I am literally trying to find a reason why we kept van Gaal beyond December or why we deemed a 0-0 home draw to Chelsea and a scrappy 2-1 win over one of the worst teams in the division as job saving results.
Because Woodward wants to look back on this time and say...yeah, you were all calling for his head, but I stuck by him and he prevailed (holding onto a dream that will never happen, cause LvG is crap). Sadly he's that blinkered and in love with history repeating itself, that it's stopping him from acting competently. For me there is no other reason and any other top club would have had him out long before now.

RedDevil@84

Because Woodward wants to look back on this time and say...yeah, you were all calling for his head, but I stuck by him and he prevailed (holding onto a dream that will never happen, cause LvG is crap).
Just like LvG loves playing players out of position to look like a genius.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
It aint happening. Fully expect another 'has anyone not a feeling' in the next press conference.

If it does then give it to Warren Joyce until the end of the season not Giggs.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Read the notes of his interview. Completely agreed, now there's a master operator at work. Maybe Ed needs a couple of lessons from Gill on the Machiavellian way to run a football club.
I want to know who is Ed's Terry McCann, who at the club gets him out of the trouble he creates?

Minimalist

If he's not sacked by end of today then we really have become a joke of a club.

Transition into Liverpool begins in earnest.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Is he gone yet? Or has Ed fecking Woodward talked him out of resigning again?

Seriously, Woodward has been getting away with a lot, the glorified salesman.

Guy

When journalists have articulated on why the board has backed Van Gaal so far, they usually say something along the lines of them being impressed with Van Gaal's structural changes off the pitch, for example making normally closed-off departments transparent to each other.

This kind of gels with what we heard about LvG before he arrived - that he's a 'foundation builder' - so I'd lean towards that explanation rather than the board being somehow okay with recent results.

hobbers

The SAF/SBC power struggle stuff is all absolute nonsense.

I'm sure they want to retain influence but in terms of power they have none. Only Woodward, the Glazers and possibly Richard Arnold have power. While they might respect SAF/SBC's opinions they certainly don't have to pay attention to them. I seriously doubt either of them attend board meetings anyway. Same goes for David Gill.

settembrini

If the points about SAF and SBC worrying about losing control are even remotely true, I think we would be best served by them no longer being part of the board. Maybe keep them on as ambassadors, but I also think it is time we didn't have such huge stalwarts trying to influence everything. Maybe get a proper DOF but we should not get into a situation where a potential manager gets undermined.
It's absolutely mental if Ferguson and Charlton have any influence at all over our managerial appointments given how much of a disaster Moyes was. He was their choice and Ferguson at least still refuses to accept that he got it wrong.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
The SAF/SBC power struggle stuff is all absolute nonsense.

I'm sure they want to retain influence but in terms of power they have none. Only Woodward, the Glazers and possibly Richard Arnold have power. While they might respect SAF/SBC's opinions they certainly don't have to pay attention to them. I seriously doubt either of them attend board meetings anyway. Same goes for David Gill.
This exactly

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he gone yet? Or has Ed fecking Woodward talked him out of resigning again?

Seriously, Woodward has been getting away with a lot, the glorified salesman.
I can see why he did it to be honest. I doubt anyone on the board envisaged us doing this badly and there has to be reservations about giving the job to Giggs at the moment so it's an absolute clusterfeck of a situation. It's gone too far now though, Woody has to bite the bullet and make a big decision.

Sarni

Because Woodward wants to look back on this time and say...yeah, you were all calling for his head, but I stuck by him and he prevailed (holding onto a dream that will never happen, cause LvG is crap). Sadly he's that blinkered and in love with history repeating itself, that it's stopping him from acting competently. For me there is no other reason and any other top club would have had him out long before now.
I agree. We have about two-three games to save our season. If we drop further behind top 4 it's done and with van Gaal we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.