LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Man City failed to win any of their last three games. After 35 games, they had 64 points and we had 60. 3 games against Norwich, West Ham and Bournemouth, and all we needed was 7 points. Honestly, how many more favours did van Gaal need? Terrible manager. If he stays next season, we're absolutely fecking doomed.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I think his fate is sealed now. His job would always hang on whether we got top 4 or not and now it is clear that we won't, the writing is on the wall for him. I wish him and the team the best of luck next week and hope that he can bow out with a cup win, but that should be the end of his reign as Utd manager.
Agreed, if he could lift one last trophy before going gracefully into retirement then that's the ideal scenario and would leave with a good send off. If he tries to hang on for next season I'd happily see us rid of him by way of a controlled explosion.

Castia

That's him finished, we won't hear anything until after the final but he's got to be fired now.

Touseef

Top 4 still not mathematically impossible therefore LVG lives on. Would be harsh to sack him before the Cup Final anyway.
Perhaps this is for the best. He can go out with a trophy (potentially) being happy and we can get a new manager next year.
Seriously who the hell cares whether he feels happy and why should we be concerned with being harsh on him. If Woodward had the balls to sack him earlier in the season we would atleast have tried playing a more attractive brand and who knows maybe even made top 4. Why the heck does he deserve to manage the final after ensuring we havent made top 4. He has regressed us a lot in terms of style of play, played people out of positions all over the pitch and just says stupid stuff in press conferences about some ancient philosophy of his.

Watching United play over the weekend was a great source of pleasure for me till last season even. Even when we ended 7th with Moyes I still watched but this season has been simply unbearable. If you are playing ugly you better win and he even hasnt done that. I just couldnt be bothered with watching us a number of times this season and feel some joy in my life has been sucked out by LvG.

This was purely a business transaction. He didnt make top 4, just sack him. Same as was done to Moyes. Simple! Are we a Make a wish for old managers that we allow him to live his dream of getting a cup in every major league? Why should the board put his feelings ahead of the greater good of the club? It's this kind of thinking of dithering and giving way too much time to managers that got us in this mess. I dont see Barca, Bayern dealing like this.

Oneunited26

Man City failed to win any of their last three games. After 35 games, they had 64 points and we had 60. 3 games against Norwich, West Ham and Bournemouth, and all we needed was 7 points. Honestly, how many more favours did van Gaal need? Terrible manager. If he stays next season, we're absolutely fecking doomed.
I said this, even Man City at their end of a cycle, when their form had completely collapsed, despite we had taken 4 points off them, beaten them at their place we still could not finish above them. What more evidence do we need this guy needs to go, despite guys like rashford saving this guy, he benches him for an out of form unfit wayne rooney, yea he is given youth a chance

SirAF

Ageist
Seriously who the hell cares whether he feels happy and why should we be concerned with being harsh on him. If Woodward had the balls to sack him earlier in the season we would atleast have tried playing a more attractive brand and who knows maybe even made top 4. Why the heck does he deserve to manage the final after ensuring we havent made top 4. He has regressed us a lot in terms of style of play, played people out of positions all over the pitch and just says stupid stuff in press conferences about some ancient philosophy of his.

This was purely a business transaction. He didnt make top 4, just sack him. Same as was done to Moyes. Simple! Are we a Make a wish for old managers that we allow him to live his dream of getting a cup in every major league? Why should the board put his feelings ahead of the greater good of the club? It's this kind of thinking of dithering and giving way too much time to managers that got us in this mess. I dont see Barca, Bayern dealing like this.
I'd say we'd definitely would have made top 4 if he had been axed in December and Jose had come in.

Natener

Proclaimed we are going for the title at last year's club annual awards dinner, then says expectation of title challenge is too high and unrealistic. Two days ago said and I quote "You don't always have to make goals" and now we need at least 18 in one game. So, what now Mr Louis "I'm one of best managers in the world" Van Gaal?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He has had a huge amount of luck. Man city were complete rubbish this season and he still couldn't make top 4. The only real back luck he has had was losing Shaw for the season.

Oneunited26

He has had a huge amount of luck. Man city were complete rubbish this season and he still couldn't make top 4. The only real back luck he has had was losing Shaw for the season.

VG has also been lucky rooney was injured, where Rashford was in fine form, but what happened when rooney was fit? he replaces rashford

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Proclaimed we are going for the title at last year's club annual awards dinner, then says expectation of title challenge is too high and unrealistic. Two days ago said and I quote "You don't always have to make goals" and now we need at least 18 in one game. So, what now Mr Louis "I'm one of best managers in the world" Van Gaal?
:lol:
Your expectations of fourth are too high!

Touseef

I'd say we'd definitely would have made top 4 if he had been axed in December and Jose had come in.
We would have had a very good chance of being Champions.
Quite possible. And honestly it isnt just about top 4. The football too has been plain horrible. This is a real bad sign for the club if the management doesnt have the brains to read the signs and the balls to sack a manager if it isnt working out. Lot's of clubs have been able to salvage seasons by sacking managers midway. I'm not saying sack a manager just for a small bad run, of course you take into context if the manager has the team improving which just wasnt the case with LvG.

I very rarely comment but these people saying we shouldn't sack him because it would be harsh on him get on my nerves. Sure dont sack him right now if you feel it would hurt the teams chances (I personally feel it would improve) but to say we shouldnt sack him because it will make the guy who got us in this position sad :mad:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
1000 votes to sack him now :lol:

Surely the newspapers should be reading that!

Woodzy

His time is done here. Nearly everyone can see that, and if the people that matter cannot see that then it's time to turn the pitchforks in another direction.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Best defence in the league though. Progress.
Best defensive record in the league and only a goal difference of +12.
We've scored fewer goals than: Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham, City, Southampton, West Ham, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Sunderland, Ronaldo, Suarez, Kane + Vardy combined.

Add this to the other stats about the number of goalless games, number of goalless first halves at OT, number of halves without a single shot on target. The early elimination from the CL, the loss at home to Norwich, the failure to hold on when we needed to for just 15 more minutes against West Ham, and just the general dull football we play.

All of this is why he has no right to start next season in the dugout. I'll be glad to see the back of him, FA Cup or no.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The club is being 'effeciently' managed as a business Not as football club. Woodward is not an idiot, nor are the owners. They manage risk. But shame on our '"football" people within the club who had a hand on appointing Moyes and compounded it with this cretin's appointment.

Hiring someone is simply looking at the resume and interviewing the person. Mourinho may not be perfect, but he would have checked a lot of boxes.

spwd

I genuinely can't wait for this toss-pot to get the boot. He's an arrogant, moronic and completely unlikable wanker who has been nothing but a shit stain on our club.

Good riddance you senile feckwit.
Took the words right out of my mouth:lol:

Sack him now.

Give a great servant to the club in Joyce a chance to lead us at Wembley. It would be fantastic to see.
That would be great, unfortunately it won't happen!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I voted for "evaluate at the end of the season" and now that the end of season is here, just feck off LVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.