Manchester City 17/18 discussion | "If you're here for the Champions clap your hands" (#6505)

Ban

Because out of the 660m United fans world wide, it only matters if you're from Manchester, didn't you know? :lol:

Now that I think of it, if I'm gone down in @el magico 's estimations for not being from Manchester is that just as bad as being a City fan and active on an United fan forum? :confused:. I believe your peers on Bluemoon would not approve.
City wants to be popular worldwide and he's here to see who's a glory hunter or not. I guess whoever supports City and is outside Stockport is a glory hunter.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I refuse to believe that the 9 of them live walking distance from the stadium.
Oddly enough when both clubs were created I don't think either Newton Heath or Gorton were even in the city of Manchester.

@decorativeed Blackburn's transfers are actually on transferleague, you just have to go to the division one bit. :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Total spend is much more relevant than most expensive single transfer. Seems an obvious error.
This....United and city's spending is actually quite comparable from 93-08 despite the fact you spent half those seasons in a different division

edgar allan

They scored five goals today, but did they really need 1000 passes to achieve that? It is just passing for the sake of it. They could do it as efficiently without all that passing.
They need to start hoofing it up to a target man a la Ashley Young.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
I didn't like Pep's football at Barca and I don't like it at City. I find it boring. If your opinion is that anyone who doesn't like it is a dinosaur or a Utd fan in denial, my opinion is that you are a moron.

Opinions, eh?
So hand or heart you'd be pissed off if Utd played our style of football?

Minimalist

Look set to break all the records. Points, wins and goals scored. Wasn't sure they'd get the last one but after today, I doubt it'll be difficult to get over the line in the last four games.

decorativeed

Oddly enough when both clubs were created I don't think either Newton Heath or Gorton were even in the city of Manchester.

@decorativeed Blackburn's transfers are actually on transferleague, you just have to go to the division one bit. :lol:
Yeah, for whatever reason the earlier seasons didn't load. Turns out they spent £20.7m net between 1992/93 and 1998/99, outspending United in 92/93, 93/94 and 96/97. They spent equal amounts to United up until 1998/99 when they actually spent £29m gross to United's £28m (the highest gross spend in the league that year), but they were relegated while we won the treble.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I can tell you from experience that there are more United fans in Manchester than City. The vast majority of City fans I've encountered don't go to games regularly and started supporting City because they wanted to support a smaller club in Manchester instead of a club that wins everything like United.

I have some of these fans in my friends and family circle, almost all of them have become extremely smug and annoying with their success. They also struggle to come to terms with their original motivations and the state money that has been pumped into the club.

GeorgieBoy

They are the best team in the country; but I've only just realised they had won it. Hollow. Once again nobody really cares.

El Zoido

The pitch invasion was so embarrassing, it was already won the league before the game started. If we could weaponise the cringe coming from that club, Britain would rule the world.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I can tell you from experience that there are more United fans in Manchester than City.
Correct.
The vast majority of City fans I've encountered don't go to games regularly and started supporting City because they wanted to support a smaller club in Manchester instead of a club that wins everything like United.
Wrong. A much higher %age of City fans attend regularly than local United fans although availability of tickets plays a part in that. The smaller club thing is just a point scoring jibe on your part.

I have some of these fans in my friends and family circle, almost all of them have become extremely smug and annoying with their success.
A large sample survey done, then?
They also struggle to come to terms with their original motivations and the state money that has been pumped into the club.

SER19

The pitch invasion was so embarrassing, it was already won the league before the game started. If we could weaponise the cringe coming from that club, Britain would rule the world.
:lol:

So true. They belong in some manufactured American sports league

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No need to make a 'jibe'. City have been a small club for a long time, and are still far down the pecking order after state money.

I used to go to Maine Road as a child, it was a day out for the family despite most of us supporting United or not being interested in football. It's similar to how you go to your local small club to support them, they weren't even in the conversation with the big clubs in England.

Infra-red

Their parade has been pissed on somewhat by failing to win it at home against us, only for us to hand it to them by losing to West Brom, sparking incredible scenes as 4 people and a dog celebrated outside the Etihad. Then, to make matters worse, the proper celebration (when it finally came) ended up being overshadowed by Wenger's announcement and fairwell at the Emirates.

Not quite the way they would have wanted it. Still, at least this bloke is happy:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
that must be 'shopped, no fecker has a figure like that, even in cartoons

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Their parade has been pissed on somewhat by failing to win it at home against us, only for us to hand it to them by losing to West Brom, sparking incredible scenes as 4 people and a dog celebrated outside the Etihad. Then, to make matters worse, the proper celebration (when it finally came) ended up being overshadowed by Wenger's announcement and fairwell at the Emirates.

Not quite the way they would have wanted it. Still, at least this bloke is happy:

How are his legs so skinny fom the knee down?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Also a lot of people will have been watching the Cup semi, so might not have bothered tuning in for the rest of the game. In fact a lot might not bother watching them unless it is a big team and there is a chance of them losing. Any other teams and it is a doddle for them.

minoo-utd

Would it really make any difference to you if they did or would you just put another "but they never did xyz" scenario forward to belittle the achievement?
Yeah it doesn't matter. Oil success any way. Sorry to belittle it and ruin your party.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
No need to make a 'jibe'. City have been a small club for a long time, and are still far down the pecking order after state money.
Like it or not City are no longer a small club by any sensible criteria. You seem to be living in a time warp where United were one of the top 3 in the world on and off the pitch and we were a middling to large domestic entity whose chances to grow were stunted by rank bad management particularly at executive level. Those days have gone and each year that goes by the gap narrows.
I know that we won't catch you in my lifetime and to be honest I really don't care. We are now a club that largely I am proud to support and I hope both Manchester clubs continue to prosper with us doing that bit better. So your obsession with size and places in pecking orders means little to me.
Your state money reference is not 100% accurate by the way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi_United_Group

ADUG is a private business venture of a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family not a state owned enterprise but once again I really wouldn't care if it was.

I used to go to Maine Road as a child, it was a day out for the family despite most of us supporting United or not being interested in football. It's similar to how you go to your local small club to support them, they weren't even in the conversation with the big clubs in England.

Treble

Not sure what this has to do with my post at all @Treble?

I simply replied to a post claiming City are "playing the best football the PL has ever seen", which is bollocks for me, that Arsenal side were a much better side to watch.
I'm sure many fans share your point of view, especially Arsenal fans. But many other fans wonder why and how 'much better' and 'dynamic' football produces only 73 goals while much worse and less dynamic football produces 100+ goals. Something doesn't quite add up.

Last edited:

SER19

Call me cynical but it looks like another attempt to push the project globally.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Maybe it's just me but I think they're trying too hard:lol:
It's an improvement on the previous attempt, which really isn't saying much considering the first effort was the worst video ever to be released on the Internet.

Just get the feeling no one cares about City and their tainted title. Financial doping and the human rights scandal will continue to overshadow anything they achieve from this point onwards. They will always be remembered as the club that cheated their way to the title. Football fans are ruthless in that respect.

No amount of propaganda will ever alter that fact.

Sterling Archer

Pretty cool.
Actually a great idea and not too shabby in execution from the looks of it. They are trying to go from the team people didn't know existed in Manchester to making sure the rest of the world knows Manchester United didn't just change colors.

Speaking of which, does Robinho understand yet that he played for City not United?

RoyH1

That'll get the kids excited. Such a cool club that City. So hot right now.
I know, right? They're so cool. I bet one of the Kardashian's is buying a City kit as we speak and uses is as her go to gym outfit.