Manchester United 3:1 Crystal Palace (Tue 19th July, 11:10 UK time)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ha Ha, I was thinking about the youths obviously.
They'll get time in the 2nd half.

ETH is obviously trying to blend the first team together and build some chemistry. I like that.

I often wonder why we play such mixed up teams all the way through pre season, then in the first match all together they look confused.

This is a better way of doing it IMO.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The lineup is a troll to be fair. Maguire/Lindelof, McFred...
What exactly are we meant to play until the new signings arrive? like it or not this is our team right now.

Ole'sattheWheel

starting at ten past the hour in case the friendly fell on remembrance sunday and it clashed with the 2 minute’s silence at 11. glad our club is finally thinking about british people after brexit.
:lol: Do we know the actual reason why it's 10 past?

MoXoM

** First World Problem Alert **

Am I the only person who gets annoyed at the way our squad is announced in numerical order?

It makes me want to do a Cantona on our Social Media team! :keano:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why isn't De Jong starting....

ETH out ... It's all Maguire/McTominay/Fred/Elangas fault (delete as appropriate as to who's the most hated player this week) etc

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Am I the only person who gets annoyed at the way our squad is announced in numerical order?

Nah it's really annoying, I wish they'd do it in a line up graphic, looks much cleaner.

Champ

I think the issue is that if we don't sign FDJ, it's McFred forever more this season. Mctominay in particular seems to get picked based on seniority rather than what he offers on the pitch.
Yeah, For sure four managers now have picked McTominay over anyone else because 'experience and age'......

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yes, but the players like Donny who everyone thought would walk in over Bruno hasn't happened.
Don’t think people thought he’d get in over Bruno… over mctominay and Fred maybe yes.

Champ

The biggest challenge for ETH is getting more out of our existing crop, the moaning over our team on here is ridiculous.

At least 5 of our players have been top drawer in the past, and getting them back to their best will be the difference this year.

Maguire
Varane
Shaw
Rashford
Sancho

Add to that a few new signings, we're (potentially) well placed this season, but its pointless spending on new players unless we see an improvement in this lot, which comes down to the management and coaching.
Amen.

Exactly this.

3vra

I was the biggest McT critic but…. The way we are seems to be playing when someone is having the ball there are few players available there to pass to, so It won’t be necessary to try to pass It between the lines so maybe even that limited player will be able to play much better. Right now i am forgetting about all the bad stuff that happend in previous seasons and i am waiting what ETH is planning and how he can improve and implement those players and their qualities into our style of play. I think lots of those players will surprise us and from being really poor they can show their worth and save as few bucks.

C’mon United !!!

Chief123

I swear some people argue about anything under the sun related to United.
The game hasn't even started! Calm down!

Maybe they just want to up their post numbers?!
No we don’t! How dare you say that? What proof do you have that what you’re saying is true?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The lineup is a troll to be fair. Maguire/Lindelof, McFred...
Maybe you don't know yet but we have a new manager.
These players may be able to make progress with new tactics etc.

mu4c_20le

What exactly are we meant to play until the new signings arrive? like it or not this is our team right now.
I"d like to see a mix of senior and youth. This lineup looks like what we'll see in august if frenkie doesnt come/delay until end of the window

Member 101269

Maguire seeming to dis Laird and Heaton on TV. It's not a good look

Trex

ETH has maintained the same starting right wing duo Sancho-Dalot, But has rotated the left wing, Rashford-Shaw, Elanga-Shaw, Rashford-Malacia.
Maybe he isn't satisfied and is experimenting.

Chief123

We should have had Pre-season in Manchester. Hottest place on earth right now!

chb23

Maguire getting some strong boos when his was named announced

Godfather

Do you factor in Martinez, Eriksen, Ronaldo (he's still here and if he depart would be replaced), and possibly De Jong coming in?
In my opinion they aren't, especially Arsenal and Tottenham.
De Jong would change a lot definitely. Ronaldo staying would be also rather important if we can't get a replacement in

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I'd say this is the starting 11, fitness dependent on Varane, and then slight competition with Shaw/Malacia up in the air as well, though I'd bet Shaw is the starter there to start with. Martinez and Eriksen will need time to get acclimated with the squad.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Well that escalated quickly haha, I actually got that black kit in a throwback for this season :keano:
Maguire seeming to dis Laird and Heaton on TV. It's not a good look
On what planet?! You mean his banter and jokes?

JB7

Odd thing to notice but Why are they wearing the home shorts (all black stripes) rather than the away change shorts (red and black stripes)?