Manchester United vs AC Milan Sat 3rd August, 17:36 UK time

Steve Bruce

New season about to start and once again nothing but poison in the match day thread.

It's a bloody friendly ffs. Nothing to get excited about whether it's good or bad

Foxbatt

I thought Rojo was one of our better players and that says a lot about how the others were apart from Wan Bissaka.

red4ever 79

Those subs prove the youth we were all purring over the past few weeks won't be getting a sniff when season starts.
We knew it though right. And this will get Ole the sack, trusting this s*ite and not playing the youth. Matic, Lingard, Mata, Rojo, Young. Fecking dreadful

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's funny looking at all the complaints about Mata. So far Martial has looked equally bad or worse and there's hardly much said about him.

youmeletsfly

After watching this midfield is anyone else still convinced we were right not to give herrera a contract?
I still think the issue is up top. We make 0 runs, movement is not there, Rashford gets the ball and just keeps it, Mata is lost, etc.

We talk about creativity in midfield but we have no proven attacker. Look at those forwards and try to ask yourself, who's gonna score 20 goals this season?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I like that James never applauds shit passes to him, like players often do. As if to say "nice thought" when the execution is shit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
After watching this midfield is anyone else still convinced we were right not to give herrera a contract?
Not at the 300k he wanted. Herrera really wasn’t very good. Tenacious, but he’d have games where the whole caf were up in arms against him.

Frank Grimes

Because it's the final one? Worked well in 14/15 when we beat Roma/Inter/Real Madrid/Liverpool/Valencia and then lost to Swansea at Old Trafford on the opening day... Or beat Barca then lost to PSG in 15/16 but started the season with a good run. 16/17 when we had a very mediocre pre-season in terms of performances but started the season brilliantly.

It's pre season. People just read too much into it, the reality is that there is always a massive difference in terms of effort between every team, as well as the lineups they put out. It's all well and good performing well in pre season and it doesn't hurt, but it doesn't define how we'll actually play when it matters.
I don't see a lack of effort with United. They're clearly trying their best( players want to be in the line up for Chelsea remember) its just that they're a bit shit.

NJM78

New season about to start and once again nothing but poison in the match day thread.

It's a bloody friendly ffs. Nothing to get excited about whether it's good or bad
Let's revisit this next Sunday after the Chelsea game.

MrPooni

Ahhhh no Gomes. Nightmare. Surprised he didn’t start and expected him to fully be part of the the first raft of subs...Guess he ain’t playing much this season much to my (and a great many others) annoyance
Gomes has barely played as the pre-season has gone on, so what made you think he'd be in with a chance?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
All the guys going in on Lindelof. :lol: Forget it people's Smalling ain't happening.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

This is another example of projecting blame on people watching the match, not those in control of the events on the pitch (and around the club).

If we play like this against Chelsea, I have to wonder what you people will come up with then but I'm sure there's already a ready-made excuse.

Last edited:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Erm yes. He's the 'ball playing centre back' that puts De Gea under pressure and then makes a pathetic attempt at blocking the shot.
De Gea was under no pressure and could have hit it long. Lindelöf was being pressured and gave a pass to De Gea who had a clear out, but chose Matic who fecked it up.

FerociousCorgis

It's funny looking at all the complaints about Mata. So far Martial has looked equally bad or worse and there's hardly much said about him.
dont know what game you are watching. Martial has been pretty good when he is leading the line. PLaying one twos and backheels to open players who aren't expecting it or arent making the run they should be.

Gordon S

It is only preseason but it still makes me sad to watch this. They looked a class above:(

lysglimt

Scout
On the rumoured 350k pw for 5 years? Yes, we were absolutely right
This is a myth - there was an interview with Herrera where he said that United gave him a decent offer - but it came too late. He had already decided to leave.

Tony247

At least keep the possession try to play with the ball. We are hardly touching the ball

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Yeah, Young, Fred and Lingard bring so much quality.
I much prefer Fred and Lingard because at least they fit the fast press system we are trying to play. When two of your players can’t press, it let’s the whole team down.

mav_9me

Because it's the final one? Worked well in 14/15 when we beat Roma/Inter/Real Madrid/Liverpool/Valencia and then lost to Swansea at Old Trafford on the opening day... Or beat Barca then lost to PSG in 15/16 but started the season with a good run. 16/17 when we had a very mediocre pre-season in terms of performances but started the season brilliantly.

It's pre season. People just read too much into it, the reality is that there is always a massive difference in terms of effort between every team, as well as the lineups they put out. It's all well and good performing well in pre season and it doesn't hurt, but it doesn't define how we'll actually play when it matters.
The results don't matter. The performances don't matter either for well established teams. For teams with new managers looking to establish their style of play I think performances are very important. If you don't see all the work and training bear fruits on the pitch, then how do the players trust the manager?

Now we have done well so far this preseason. But for me this first half was self inflicted by that team selection.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surprise surprise get the slow coaches off and we look better again.

Nice goal by Jesse. More of that please!

mu4c_20le

I knew James would go outside. So predictable, yet still so effective

Fergie's gum

Second rate. We’re being outplayed by a team that is 2 weeks behind us in preparation. We can’t keep the ball to even begin an attack. No way we’re finishing top 4 next season. Two losses to Chelsea and Wolves to end our season nice and early again

UncleBob

Mint pass from Martial

that's how easily it can be done when someone simply looks up and passes the ball to a player in space....