Manchester United vs FC Barcelona (International Champions Cup)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, its the formation that will prevent us winning the league. No the players in that formation. Thats exactly what I said. Well done.
What exactly is wrong with the players? Seriously take a step back and think about it. We have Mata on the right where he has played loads of times in his career, and Memphis behind Rooney which makes plenty of sense and has huge potential. The only "stupid" thing is Blind at CB, but I doubt he'll be there come the season anyway.

Gerald G

I don't care about Blind playing there now but I will be totally bemused and very annoyed if he starts vs Tottenham there. It would just be madness to me, while our best CB and 3rd choice captain (Smalling) is on the bench.

Also you would think with Basti, Herrera etc in midfield and the success of our 4-3-3 last season we'd carry that on but it doesn't look like it.

I hope he doesn't go with this lineup vs Spurs.

::sonny::

LVG has always seemed to prefer Jones to Smalling. When Jones was fit last season he played, Smalling found himself on the bench a few times. Ridiculous really, though it's not half as daft as preferring a player who isn't even a centre back to Smalling.
1st
LVG extended his contract (2 months ago)

2nd
Called him Mike

3rd
Benched him (for 1 half) in these friendlies

What's next?

Sam

Whatever the thread he just shits on LVG and that has been happening last seaon too.
as for formation, 4-2-31 can be transformed easily to 4-3-3. but some dont want to hear that, its either 4-3-3 or everything is horrible.
some have their fixations and always have at least one reason to have a pop on LVG. This time its Herrera not playing cause they all imagine Carrick, Schneiderlin and Herrera is the deal or Memphis behind Rooney cause its the most crazy thing ever. This place is horrible and season hasnt even started.
I've actually spent a lot of time defending LVG over various things last season and this. I call it as I see it, good or bad.

But that obviously doesn't fit with your bullshit agenda.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Blind vs Suarez. This should be... interesting. :lol:
To be honest I'd expect Blind to do well against this kind of striker. However up against a big target man or speed merchant it could be disastrous.

shivab

Whatever the thread he just shits on LVG and that has been happening last seaon too.
as for formation, 4-2-31 can be transformed easily to 4-3-3. but some dont want to hear that, its either 4-3-3 or everything is horrible.
some have their fixations and always have at least one reason to have a pop on LVG. This time its Herrera not playing cause they all imagine Carrick, Schneiderlin and Herrera is the deal or Memphis behind Rooney cause its the most crazy thing ever. This place is horrible and season hasnt even started.
with that lineup i dont see that 4-2-3-1 shaping as a 4-3-3 unless we substitute someone.

Sam

I guess I'm just in a funk today, but after spending nearly 300M in two years, which is a ridiculous sum of money, and to have Blind at CB and Young at LW is just......disappointing.
Its ridiculous.

Dazzmondo

Carrick plays holding pm, Schneiderlin CM, same with Schweini and Herrera.
From what I've seen on tour Schneiderlin isn't playing the role he played at Southampton. He seems to be adapting to the role Carrick plays. Positioning, tackling and basic passes seem to be the areas he's been told to focus on. Herrera and Schweinsteiger are the possession keepers from what I've seen.

Moonred

What exactly is wrong with the players? Seriously take a step back and think about it. We have Mata on the right where he has played loads of times in his career, and Memphis behind Rooney which makes plenty of sense and has huge potential. The only "stupid" thing is Blind at CB, but I doubt he'll be there come the season anyway.
Nope. What you see today is exactly how we will lineup 38 match days in a row, whether it works or not.

Mali_Zeus

I've actually spent a lot of time defending LVG over various things last season and this. I call it as I see it, good or bad.

But that obviously doesn't fit with your bullshit agenda.
My bullshit agenda?
Says a guy who moans and cries and is negative whole fecking time.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, it's quite bizarre ban. Absolutely nothing illegal about act of asking. And it's easy to just see who needs them and add them to convo. :cool:
When people ask, people end up posting on profiles etc which is just as bad as posting on the public forum as anyone can see profile posts

Kaos

Why does everyone think Depay is playing the No.10 role? Surely its him on the left, and Mata in the 10?

Mindhunter

Good that De Gea is finally playing. There were murmurs of a strike but I think the press were clutching St straws there.

Hope he carries on his fine form and helps us win some silverware this season.

Raw

Why does everyone think Depay is playing the No.10 role? Surely its him on the left, and Mata in the 10?
Because this is the same team that played the last 2 preseason games, and Depay was in the No.10 role then too.

Ixion

I've been saying that repeatedly todays team wouldn't be the one against Spurs, people took Van Gaal's comments too literally. He'll never reveal his side 2 weeks in advance.