Manchester United vs FC Barcelona (International Champions Cup)

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I thought Utd looked very good apart from maybe Scheiderlin, he doesn't seem to cope well under pressure from players. Barca is technically better than probably every team on the planet so I don't understand the moaning.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Really don't under understand why the players play so far away from each other.
I don't too. It's either tactics or they have next to no belief in their ability to control the ball whilst pressed. And it's a friendly ffs. You'd think they'd be calmer.

Kounan

The pitch is horrible, no way to play some good passing, as the ball is to slow and you have to hit it harder to make the passes, but that slows the pace of the game.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
On the other hand we are marking Messi pretty well. He is nowhere near the ball.

Kounan

I don't too. It's either tactics or they have next to no belief in their ability to control the ball whilst pressed. And it's a friendly ffs. You'd think they'd be calmer.
But the didn't seem to panic when they were pressed, but took the ball out nicely.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Hopefully Rooney's just having a bad day, his football's looking poor.
Decent performance.

Rooney probably takes longer than others to build some match fitness.
Rooney will improve the more he plays, always takes him 4-5 games to not have the first touch of a pub player.
The problem is his touch never seems to truly improve.

I love many of his attributes as a player, but his shocking touch frustrates the hell out of me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would like to see pereira on for mata, apart from that it's been quite good so far.

RedStarUnited

Rooney - so poor
Mata - Have a shot/try a through ball! he seems to take the easy option too much.

Kakeru

these tours are poorly organized to allow a dangerous surface for the players.
That's probably my main gripe (a rare one though) against tours in North America in general. If we played our preseason matches in the likes of Australia and Japan, I guess pitch quality would be less of an issue.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Isnt that almost always the case of Barcelona holding their own in midfield ?
Probably, but I would've liked to see Rafinha back in the midfield and Roberto on the bench to give us more fluidity and cutting edge. We looked a bit sloppy at times and lost plenty of balls, which is understandable at this stage.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
United played really well. Barca were not much better. It's a friendly. Some of the negative comments on here are absolutely embarassing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Kind of disheartening, that. If they're better now, what about when you add Messi and Neymar to that?
In fairness we're not playing Smalling, Schweinsteiger or Di Maria either.