Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Was expecting a more less full strength team for this game as the other competition is stronger.
I think van Gaal probably wants to assess the first team through this match to see how they'd apply all that they learned during training in a match situation. Also, given the fact that it's a 3-5-2 formation, van Gaal wants to see if they can apply what they've learned to different formations just to see if how well they know the system and philosophy regardless of the formation.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Hopefully we'll play more entertaining football than the Dutch did though.
In the group stages, where you need to win in regulation, they were pretty entertaining imo.

I think with the nature of the knockout portion of the competition, giving teams a way to win in extra time and with penalties, managers are less motivated to be aggressive.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Like that lineup. Excited to see Herrera especially, but Shaw too. Herrera and Fletcher I think will suit each other though.

Ole'sbodyguard

I called that the 3-5-2 formation would suit United with RVP, Rooney and Mata before the World Cup, so glad to see it today. Sure it won't be the only formation we use this season.

If this is the way we are going then we need another centre back and another left back.

Dazzmondo

Very exciting and that's very clear to me, we'll be using the 3-5-2 predominantly.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Decent looking team, seems van gaal is wanting to look at who his first team will be before throwing any kids into the mix. Formation will be interesting to see how it all works and whether our players can fit into the system.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I called that the 3-5-2 formation would suit United with RVP, Rooney and Mata before the World Cup, so glad to see it today. Sure it won't be the only formation we use this season.

If this is the way we are going then we need another centre back and another left back.
We'd need two more centre-backs and a left-back. de Vrij, Vermaelen and Blind.

berbasloth4

it could easily be reverted into a 442 or 4231... like the look of it tbh..

valencia as a right wing back could be fairly interesting..

RedBistro

I don't give a shit if I have to watch this match in giflord format, I'm staying up to welcome in the new era. I don't even bother with that shit on new year's eve!

Let's get cnuting and shit on the christmas tree!

chevrolet stream is black screen?
No Kobe, it's a graphic now, but no action.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The Chevrolet stream probably won't begin 'til kick-off, just Google MUTV and watch their coverage.

Ole'sbodyguard

We'd need two more centre-backs and a left-back. de Vrij, Vermaelen and Blind.
We might be able to get a younger player to cover the 5th spot like Keane or revert to another formation if we are light on defenders.

Left back and another centre back would certainly be needed, though.

Asger

I thought James Wilson didn't travel with them and played with the u21 team yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.