Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaCarrot

Great match, we completely dominated.

Can't remember if I said that once last year, maybe the United vs A-League Allstars game where Lingard had a flyer.

Suus

Looking at tonights performance new signings doesnt seem likely. But, once we get a defeat vs Real Madrid we will go out and buy.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Herrera smashing the MOTM vote :lol:

Rightly so.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In the end, Chevrolet bucked up and fixed their stream. The 2nd half was perfect on all accounts.

It was a very good match in the end. LA Galaxy pushed really high up, and that worked very well for us as we got 3 more goals in the 2nd half.

Cleverley and Kagawa look more confident in their game than they've ever done. Cleverley, in particular, has shown that he's better in midfield than many make him out to be, and he doesn't look like the nervous wreck that he was under Moyes. Defensively, of course, Kagawa and Cleverley aren't really that good, but they've shown a good amount of discipline and didn't look all over the place, defensively.

Reece looks excellent as a left back, and I hope he gets more match time to show off his talent. He looks so comfortable on the ball and shows nice technique. Defensively, he looks assured and always under control. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Reece at left back.

Fletcher as a sweeper made me nervous particularly because he's not as good aerially as he was in the past, but he did alright in the end, though he doesn't look suited to that role due to being weak aerially. Michael Keane is showing lots of promise, and Blackett looked alright as well though didn't show too much to make me feel as if he could make it here.

Herrera...what a signing. It will be a joy watching him play for us. He's so good! :drool:

Young just didn't look that good, overall. He's at least playing with more confidence, but he still doesn't look like making it here. His positioning and movement didn't look that great as a forward, and he wasn't really involved on the ball. Nani, on the other hand, did fairly well and was good playing up front as a forward. He linked up well with everyone and demonstrated good movement.

I'm looking forward to Man. Utd. under van Gaal. It's as if last season (including pre-season) never even happened! :cool:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
What LVG say?
I'll do my best to recall:

She asked if he was happy with that performance. He said he was. They only had 3 days to train which wasn't much, if they progressed well and played like that, then he thought we'd end as champions.

Asked what he had to do to restore the mentality of the players. He said he didn't have to restore anything. They had the mentality. The mentality of winners already. All he had to do was give them structure. Structure inside the game, and outside the game. That was all he'd done.

Asked what he was going to do with the rest of his time in America. He looked at her a little incredulously and said he had to work.

Asked what next for united and he said they had to fly to Denver to play inter Milan and then Seattle to play Roma. Or the other way around, he couldn't remember. Either way too much traveling.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Man of the Match: Ander Herrera 98%. Runner up: Reece James 2% :lol:

I can't believe there are people that actually didn't vote for Herrera!

Friction

What a great game! I hope we can keep this up. I absolutely loved watching Ander Herrera play tonight. That's the kind of passing and movement that we need to get the ball forward from midfield. His accuracy and weight on those through balls was as close to perfection as you can get. I think he had 2 assists, and 2 more setups for assists. He definately deserves MOTM in my opinion!

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Amazing what happens when you play the ball on the ground, and not in the air.

NYAS

When does the man-of-the-match voting close? I wonder if it'll stay at 98% for Herrera in the end.

Mcg

This formation would get ripped to shreds in the pl though

Touseef

Herrera was amazing. Although against the stronger teams, he will need more cover. Maybe the fact that his was the only position where there was no replacement might suggest LVG understands we are weak there and signs Vidal. :D

bugmat

Boom! Herrera was lovely. Youngy looks like a player again - everyone was good Yeah it's "only LA" but we couldn't even beat a Singapore Select last preseason :lol:

The type of football bodes well for the future. We'll get better too :)

binary bot
Smalling is a player that I can see getting less game time under LvG - he looks so bad on the ball even against poor opposition

diarm

you think we're happy with herrera and all those thru balls... imagine how excited van persie is right now?

if he can stay fit he'll fill his boots this season!

Levi1

Van Gaal has now won as many United trophies as Moyes has trophies

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
When does the man-of-the-match voting close? I wonder if it'll stay at 98% for Herrera in the end.
I'm thinking post-match voting will stay open for 24 hours, maybe 48. I'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.