Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The only issue I have with 3-5-2 in Januzaj. He will have to battle Mata and Kagawa for the #10 position limiting his opportunities.
Doesn't our U21 manager reckon his best position is as false nine? Don't be surprised to see him utilised there.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The only issue I have with 3-5-2 in Januzaj. He will have to battle Mata and Kagawa for the #10 position limiting his opportunities.
Doubt we'll use that lineup predominantly, but it's certainly an option and for once, everyone is playing in their positions and nobody is out of position. Which is a big deal, on its own. I think with Van Gaal we'll mainly use a 4-3-3 in the future but we lost Carrick and haven't signed a good center back yet, or another midfielder.

walsh

Guys, don't get carried away just because we're playing 3-5-2 in this very first game. It doesn't mean we're going to start the first PL game like that or use it at all throughout the season.

Sam

I know it's only the first game of the preseason tour, but I'm disappointed to see no Rafael in the team, would much rather see him over Valencia.
Agreed. Thats the only issue I have with it mind. Rafael in for Valencia and I'd be very happy.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Bets on how long it takes us to crash the stream?

PvsNP

Yeah, the MUFC twitter handle said the shirt numbers for the preseason tour aren't necessarily final. Expect him to take No. 3 once the season starts.
Ah, good to know. No reason for Shaw to wait picking the no. 3 now that Evra's gone.

er1c da king

Does anyone whether my iPhone 5 will stream off of the Chevy site I'll b screwing if it doesn't been waiting up all nite

FromTheBench

Doesn't our U21 manager reckon his best position is as false nine? Don't be surprised to see him utilised there.
Not as False nine but can see him playing more playing of the striker in a Support striker role floating about the place. The role Robben played for the Dutch basically should suit him well. Just needs to increase his output of goals and direct assists.

RustyS

Doubt we'll use that lineup predominantly, but it's certainly an option and for once, everyone is playing in their positions and nobody is out of position. Which is a big deal, on its own. I think with Van Gaal we'll mainly use a 4-3-3 in the future but we lost Carrick and haven't signed a good center back yet, or another midfielder.
That's how I see it too.

@FromTheBench I think he likes to have someone pacey in that role. Not much can be concluded from the first friendly, but playing Welbeck there can maybe mean that is the case.

Sampy93

Liking the formation!

Just Imagine.

De Gea
Jones Smalling Evans
Valencia Herrera Vidal Shaw
Mata
Rooney Van Persie

:drool:

saivet

This is bullshit. I'm tired as feck as it is thinking kick off at 3:30. I'll almost certainly be gone before the second half. Ahh, I'm gonna be fecked tomorrow. We better score a truck load of goals early. Feck sake.

themathemagician

Chevrolet is working for me in Sydney. Ace.

Must admit, I'm loving that line up - I think just by virtue that it's a proper, proper departure from our traditional 4 at the back, Jones will be the more 'marauding' defender I'd wager, although I'd love to see Evans try that one day, he's the best passer of the three.

NMF

I can't be the only who gets annoyed with Valencia starting every game. The guy has been utter rubbish for two seasons now and still manages to start

EssDotEnn

For those in the UK with Sky its worth checking MUTV as the TV listing says freeview for the match. I subscribe anyway so can't tell if it is free to air or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.