Manchester United vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

Fletcher has played 3 90 minutes on this tour and played the game 2 days ago full 90.

Dunno why he is starting this.

LVG clearly doesn't trust Cleverley.

Leg-End

Totally evident we need a CB that doesn't shit himself when he has to play a pass forwards.

JunesBoy

Shaw has to up his game if he wants to own that left wb.. I know he is learning the role but something seem amiss..

Andre Kagawa

Young has been whipping them crosses in like it's nobody's business. Shaw looking quality as well. The rest dogshite. Hope LvG gives them a bollocking at this moment.

red_hatz

I really dont think hernandez suits this system or LvG's style at all. Its a shame because there was a time where he seemed like he was making some strides on his role on the ball in build up play and passing but that seems to have dissapeared.

Fletcher struggling with intensity and liverpool have been very good going forward using pace to attack the defence.

Think gerrard has been pretty poor and could be a liability in that dm position. Gives away alot of free kicks.

MANCOCKNEY

Love to see someone take their man on, passing it well and Young deliveries have been bang on but Hernandez just not reading them.
Trouble is, when you have Skirtel, Sakho going up against Rooney and Hernandez; the crossing game becomes a bit hit and hope. Unless we want to just play like we did under Moyes, whack loads of crosses in and hope that sooner or later someone will knock one in.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Rooney should've given the ball to Shaw there who was on the run. Turns and another crossfield ball.
Seems to be happening a lot. Keep making the wrong decisions in the final third- playing the wrong pass, or shooting from distance when we have better options.

In defence we look very uncomfortable when Liverpool press us, if Liverpool can continue their high press they will win this game.

Manutd89

Defense crap. We give away one more stupid penalty. Chicha crap. Rooney trying to shoot all the time. Herrera and fletcher not doing their job right. Shaw is the only one getting the ball upfield with the ball in his feet. Hopefuly van Gaal sees that we need defenders and one more midfielder.

Mali_Zeus

Began very badly, grew as the half went on but all in all we should be better. No penetration, players making difficult passes to each other and few brain farts in defense. Liverpool is very well organised tbh and their pressing is making it difficult for us.

Fletcher had a mare and when his passes were finally accurate all he has done was backward passing. We need a midfielder and need it badly.

Chicharito has been dire also.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fletcher was alright the last 10 or so minutes. No idea what was with him and the back 3 in the opening 15-20 though, looked like they never touched a football before.

Shaw has been good, same with young. Hernandez a bit useless, should have scored.

caid

Not great ...
not doing enough to get mata in the game or in good positions.
Hererra has been a bit dissapointing.

Fletcher and young have been good, our best players imo. Never in a million years thought i'd be saying that.

EDIT:
Missed the first 10/20 mins so maybe not in fletchers case?

RedDevils23

We are passing the ball WAY too slow. Because of Liverpool's pressing we'll never get anywhere without playing faster. And even when we do link up a few passes, we end up passing it backwards or Rooney sprays it out wide ; rinse and repeat. There's noone in this team that can run past players, or add a bit of dynamism to our attack. We've always struggled against pressing teams, and looks like we still need a lot more work with LvG to change that.

Welbeck is a big miss today.

the hea

Shaw, Young and Herrera has been very good.
Rooney need to play the ball faster he is taking far to many touches.
Jones, Evans, Smalling and Fletcher have been awful.

Ringo 07

We've created absolutely nothing up front apart from the cross that Hernandez had on a plate and Welbecks energy up front and in midfield is sorely missed

Fletcher looks like he is not able for 2 games in 2 days which does not bode well

Coutinho, Gerrard and Henderson are dominating central mid

LVG might be thinking after all to get the check book out again after tonight

I can't see how we are gonna score as Sakho is twice as good as any of our defenders and he's having the easiest game of his life against our forwards

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
United just look so tired out there. Liverpool have been a lot sharper and we've been pointlessly giving balls away, making stupid decisions.

Could easily have been 1-1 though, so that's something.
Could also easily be 2-0.

Drummer

Sterling may be an annoying prick but everytime he runs at our defence we look extremely nervy and vulnerable...

I'm really delighted that we are seeing united get such a test. I'm not saying I want to lose but we can learn more from this game that any other this far...

Walters_19_MuFc

Funny how people are moaning about Rooney switching play now that we're losing. He's been doing that in every game so far and no one has moaned. When used correctly, which it has, it creates a lot of room for the wing back to either go at the full back and put in a cross, or work it back in the middle.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The back 3 need to look up and forward for their passes and stop wasting time and energy passing it between each other. Evans looks like he hasn't warmed up today. Luke Shaw looks too conservative in his play. Rooney needs to go to rehab for that long ball addiction.

Kakeru

Hernandez out, Rooney pushing higher forward and Kagawa in to play behind him. That's how the attacking setup should change IMHO.

The_Order

whenever I soeak of Hernandez's limited style, his Mexican fanboys jump on me, he is creating nothing and not taking any of the chances he is supposed to out there.

He is a quality player, but at this level he needs to offer a lot more than the occasional poach

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
To be fair to LFC, Sakho/Skrtl have been really good, not given the forwards a sniff.

Then their gameplan reminds me massively of Rafa's Pool: Contain, contain, contain. And have one incredible talent with the ball (then Torres, now Sterling) who you hope will create. That's pretty much all they've offered.

Rickie Lambert is just a defender on the halfway line.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Time and time again Young is producing brilliant balls into the box but not one United player even attempting to get to it frustrating
Chicharito is only a poacher & has been nowhere in the box when it mattered. Then he defended brilliantly to prevent Liverpool from conceding after 5 mins.

Welbeck's twice the footballer that lad is. He offers nothing to the team apart from tap-ins & even at that - he misses way more than he scores these days for club & country..

Dazzmondo

Young has been great again. Herrera, Shaw and Mata playing well also. The rest have underperformed. Hernandez hasn't offered much today. Wayne has been very poor, not getting involved enough, poor positioning and a lack of shooting from him. Fletcher having a bad game, though he has done better as the game has gone on. All of the cbs have been poor, with Evans being the best of them, but still not exactly covering himself in glory. Jones made a ridiculous tackle for the penalty and has looked shaky today. Smalling's distribution and first touch have been very poor. Big improvement necessary in 2nd half. Interested to see how Van Gaal deals with being behind here.

Sam

Hmmm interesting half, a few positives...

+ Ashley Young has been fantastic (something I never though I'd write) Looks a lot better defeinsively then I expected too
+ Shaw is looking very very good. So strong defeinsively
+ Mata is amazing on the ball

However...

- We seemed to shit ourselves a bit after they scored and for the next 10 minutes reverted back to the zombie football we've seen for the last few years. Luckily we snapped out of it though and seemed to remember that we now pass the ball
- Evans needs to stop hoofing it
- Still not convinced with this back line at all. They shit themselves under any sort of pressure
- Hernandez kills everything up top on this formation
- Fletch has looked well off the pace again, which is such a shame after the other day. Maybe one game too much for him after so long out?

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Just watching this match, it's dawned on me that Liverpool have still got quite a few number of new players they've brought in too to come into the squad. It's quite silly how all the other big clubs have identified who they want early and either got them or found replacements and brought them in. The team that needed improvements the most bought a player that no one else wanted for £27m and triggered a release clause for a midfielder they wanted a year ago. If we don't get anyone in the next week, ready for the start of the PL season, it's been another shambles of a transfer window imo.

Red_toad

This Young, looks like Aston Villa's Young.
Play him in a position, give him the right tactics & make him an important part of the team & he becomes that talented player that most United fans have forgotten!
Van Gaal will bring the best out in some of our players with his methods.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Young was very good. I thought he did well against Sterling too defensively and offensively he played some very good crosses.

Hopefully we step up in the second half. Rooney's game is like watching replay, playing crossfield pass to RWB every single tme.

Status
Not open for further replies.