Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordemonk

Will be good him and Mata fighting for the no10 spot.
True, both excellent players in my opinion. Mata has the form overall at the minute but kagawa is showing signs that his confidence is coming back. People think that there is a gulf in class between kags and mata but I don't think so. Similar ability.

hamad138

Klopp said once that david moyes is playing kagawa completly false, so he was right then?

redevil2

It's Van Gaal's secret magic effect.
Hopefully LvG is now happy we have these preseason tour in the States.

Beating RM in front of a record crowd of Americans attending any football (oops soccer) game of over 109,000 spectators with a wonderful performance (and making Bale look like an idiot along the way) should be rather rewarding.

Training and preparation are important for the new season but what's better preparation than winning these pre season in such a fashion that players know they can adapt and are now more confident they are United players again. And that he knows his players are able to deliver

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Klopp said once that david moyes is playing kagawa completly false, so he was right then?
I think most people (not even top football coaches) could see that

GRon

So just because most of their starters played means they gave it their all? Right.
Why do you say they did not give it their all? They did not play very well apart from a short period at the start of the second half. But that does not mean that they did not give it their all. Most players at that level always play to win.

detinUnaM

This does not fecking slip lads!!! This does not fecking slip! This is gone, Monday against the dippers we go again. we go again!!! All we need is a little water on the pitch and Stevie will do the rest.

Shyftyy

so, now the qualifiying part of the tour is over and the only goal we conceded from open play was from 70 yards out :D

Irish-Red-7

Missed the start of the game but from what I seen.. It was quality, only preseason so I wouldn't get carried away but it is against very good opposition. Sets up a Utd Pool clash in Miami now which will be brilliant for the Americans who will see it first hand.. It's highly recommended.

GRon

True, both excellent players in my opinion. Mata has the form overall at the minute but kagawa is showing signs that his confidence is coming back. People think that there is a gulf in class between kags and mata but I don't think so. Similar ability.
This is a little crazy, but would it not make sense to drop one of Welbeck or Rooney and play Kagawa, Mata and Welbeck/Rooney as the front 3, with Welbeck/Rooney playing as an out-in-out 9 ?

newgiz

This game should enhance the confidence our boys have. The players seem to be enjoying themselves out there on the pitch and playing with confidence and without fear. We seem to have riches in the No.10 spot, Mata,Shinji and that is without even counting Adnan.

I know there is still one more game to go but this has been an excellent pre season with almost everyone doing fairly well except for one. And that one player is Antonio Valencia. I think it is time for us to probably move him on. He hasn't been doing well at all.

The surprise packages on the tour have been Young,Reece James and Blackett. They have done fairly well (and in Young's case very well). Everyone of our players seem to be playing at a good level. Fletcher has had a great tour as well. Just to see him back and playing regularly again is wonderful.

Reactions: Eboue

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why do you say they did not give it their all? They did not play very well apart from a short period at the start of the second half. But that does not mean that they did not give it their all. Most players at that level always play to win.
I just didn't see the type of defensive pressure and the consistent lethal counter attacks they were so known for last year. From the defensive collapse on the first goal to the large amount of time and space on the third one, this is just not the Real Madrid team that won the Champions League and eliminated Bayern.

matecro007

Just got back from the work , finally some happy news :)

Looks like Cafe cant take us all at once haha:lol:

GRon

This game should enhance the confidence our boys have. The players seem to be enjoying themselves out there on the pitch and playing with confidence and without fear. We seem to have riches in the No.10 spot, Mata,Shinji and that is without even counting Adnan.

I know there is still one more game to go but this has been an excellent pre season with almost everyone doing fairly well except for one. And that one player is Antonio Valencia. I think it is time for us to probably move him on. He hasn't been doing well at all.

The surprise packages on the tour have been Young,Reece James and Blackett. They have done fairly well (and in Young's case very well). Everyone of our players seem to be playing at a good level. Fletcher has had a great tour as well. Just to see him back and playing regularly again is wonderful.
Disagree. Zaha was awful.

GRon

I just didn't see the type of defensive pressure and the consistent lethal counter attacks they were so known for last year. From the defensive collapse on the first goal to the large amount of time and space on the third one, this is just not the Real Madrid team that won the Champions League and eliminated Bayern.
It is unfair to say that that was because Real did not try, rather than it was because our movement was very good. I watched Real against Inter and they were very good in that game.

Cassidy

This is a little crazy, but would it not make sense to drop one of Welbeck or Rooney and play Kagawa, Mata and Welbeck/Rooney as the front 3, with Welbeck/Rooney playing as an out-in-out 9 ?
No.
Mata/Kagawa got so much space because the movement of the front 2 allowed for it.

We also are going to have RVP coming back at some point too.

HabeasC

Rooney and Welbeck is a very good combo as as Danny can stretch the defenders and has the pace to chase the long balls, beat a player and give Rooney space to shoot.

I think Danny + Rooney/RVP might be better than Rooney + RVP

redevil2

What is encouraging in these pre season is LvG is not one to be complacent and pretend that there will be smooth sails when the season properly starts. He is hard working and knows preparation is the key unlike "you know who".

Cassidy

And Januzaj?
Will be interesting to see where he plays, maybe he may even play as a wing back, or as a striker. You never know with LVG

Danny Boi

Few observations from this game and the tour in general:

Young is well worth a place in the squad next season this form, especially as we have no other cover for Shaw

Lingard definately needs to be giving a chance with the first team next season.

Zaha is not good enough and should be loaned to hopefully recover value

Cleverly and Valencia should be replaced as soon as possible.

Kagawa needs to stay and play plenty too.I think under Van Gaal he could be a much more versatile player.

Hope Fletcher stays fit this season, could really use hos experience and leadership.

It's great to have a proper pre season against proper teams.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Desperate stuff :lol::lol::lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't think anyone wouldve guessed we would have adapted to 3-5-2 so comfortably, for generations we have been a 4-4-2 team, it was almost in our make up. Just shows what an absolute quality manager he is. If he gets these lads playing to their potential regularly there is no reason why we can't compete for the league.

I'm glad to see Kagawa finally showing a bit of risk and dare, I'm sure Moyes' only instructions to him last season was 'keep the ball'. Smalling, Evans and Smalling are also showing what most of us have said all along, they are class defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.