Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That tackle and pass to Rashford (?) Was sublime yesterday.

He's a very useful player.

All our players post the same sort of regurgitated stuff the club tells them to. I think you can spot the players who genuinely use Instagram by the ones who post stuff about their lives outside football.

Olecurls99

My concern with signing him full time is:
  • Our midfield group will have Sabitzer (29 in a few weeks), Fred (30 in a few weeks), Eriksen (31) and casemiro (31). Extremely old. McTominay is 26, but also plays the same position as Sabitzer so would be a squad replacement you'd guess
  • Sabitzer would be a squad player splitting the same role as Fred essentially, both behind casemiro and Eriksen. He left Bayern as he was backup. Why would he join here to be backup? We know Ten Hag doesn't rotate much, and it's not clear that he would be preferred to Fred as Eriksens first sub, but more a situational who gets picked between them
  • We need a deep lying playmaker, which he is not.
Hes good and fits well because Eriksen is out. But squad wise he fills the same role as Fred and McTominay. He's better than McTominay and IMO similar to Fred, but generally speaking, unless we sell both, there's no point in signing him and he wouldn't be ok with that role. We need a starting midfielder where Eriksen is then a squad player along with a young DM squad player for Casemiro and Fred being the energetic sub. Sabitzer isn't any of these. Literally doesn't matter how well he plays in his half season as he's here as an emergency due to eriksens injury which won't be the case next season, so don't think he would want to stay.
I don't think we're getting a good enough defensive midfielder to come here on the off chance Casemiro gets injured.

I think Sabitzer is a very capable backup to Casemiro at DM plus he'll challenge Fred and Eriksen for the 8 role. I believe he can win it outright btw.

Also injuries are bound to happen over the course of the season. I think he'll get plenty of games and will be happy to come.

I don't think them all being roughly the same age matters at all. As long as they're performing I couldn't care what age they were.

mikeyt

For £15 - £20million we'd do well to bring this lad in permanently. We'd still need a top midfielder in the Bellingham / FDJ mould to go the next level but offloading McT and VDB for those has to be our aim.

OrcaFat

Fantastic tackle on the halfway line and quick pass forward for the Rashford chance - I'd like to see a bit more composure when he gets a chance for a shot but well worth hanging on to if he will accept a squad position.
What kind of player accepts a “squad position”? If he signs for us permanently it will be because he thinks he can get into the team more often than not. Too early to say if that’s realistic but he won’t sign with the intention of sitting on the bench.

Olecurls99

For £15 - £20million we'd do well to bring this lad in permanently. We'd still need a top midfielder in the Bellingham / FDJ mould to go the next level but offloading McT and VDB for those has to be our aim.
I think Sabitzer would want assurances that we weren't making a big signing before he came.

Sancho99

That tackle and pass through to Rashford was bloody brilliant.

His passing is more crisp than most of our other midfielders, his vision is great and he thinks quickly on the pitch. I'd be all for keeping him at the club if the opportunity comes about in the summer.

PigeonEscobar

That tackle and pass through to Rashford was bloody brilliant.

His passing is more crisp than most of our other midfielders, his vision is great and he thinks quickly on the pitch. I'd be all for keeping him at the club if the opportunity comes about in the summer.
Yes, that was really everything you can ask for from a midfielder.
He’s been very good, would be delighted if we can keep him permanently, very good player that managed to settle in the Premier League from the get go, that’s not a given.

Roux

Should be our first signing in the summer - love watching him play, another warrior with a high footballing IQ.

AshRK

We need quality players especially in midfield and he is a good player to have. Any side who hhave quality midfield options, always tend to do well and we need to have that.

Man Utd 3:1 West Ham

Bobski

Good technique but maybe a bit pedestrian at times.

Some good moments but plenty where he was ran off the ball quite easily.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still don’t see it. He’s okay on the ball but he’s not dynamic enough nor does he actually want it/show for it enough. All around okay-ish midfielder in every trait

arnie_ni

I thiught he did fine. He'll get better I think. Has some good passes on him and wins the ball back a bit. Decent loan I think

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He seems very good at specifically sliding tackles that are also passes.

Abraxas

Looks a bit of a jack of all trades master of none so far. It's alright though, certainly able to plug that gap.

mu4c_20le

Looked like Lampard Jr today, the way he kept trying to shoot through a crowd

acnumber9

Has a touch of the McTominay’s in the sense that he drifts through games barely touching the ball.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Still yet to see anything from him, doesn’t seem any better than McT from what I’ve seen, I’m sure he’ll improve but definitely need more from him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I like him. Still not clear how we would use him, he looks like a typical supporting midfielder.
Can definitely do a job if he's supporting Casemiro.

How much better than Fred he is I still don't know. But Fred is good so no issue here.

Bobski

I like him. Still not clear how we would use him, he looks like a typical supporting midfielder.
Can definitely do a job if he's supporting Casemiro.

How much better than Fred he is I still don't know. But Fred is good so no issue here.
Nothing so far to suggest that he is as good as Fred, let alone better.

footballbite

I honestly forgot he was playing for most of the game today. He had near enough half the touches of all other starters aside from Weghorst (and CF's typically have the fewest touches in a match anyway).

I think he'd be a pointless signing in the summer - there will be loads of better options out there, whether for the 6, 8 or 10 roles.

He's not even shown yet that he's as good as Fred.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Sosme good moments here and there but overall just not enough and often invisible

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's alot more effective and involved when he's moved up the pitch but he was pretty non-existent when he's played deep tonight.

Kag

I’d like to see him in with Casemiro from the start. He does lots of good work, but I think we’ll see even more if he were to be part of the first team.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's alot more effective and involved when he's moved up the pitch but he was pretty non-existent when he's played deep tonight.
Yeah he doesn't seem comfortable in deeper areas. I'm not sure if he's what we need. I also think he would struggle for game time here as well.
Hope it he imposes himself on games more because I really like him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Blame his running partners. I said it when we signed him, but he's basically the offensive version of Fred. Bit better passer and in the final third, not quite as good defensively, but very similar all action players that you just have to turn lose in that position.

El Jefe

Strange player he's like the good version of VDB. He doesn't get the ball enough for my liking but whenever he does get it he always seems to do something positive. He looks really good but not involved enough.

Really want to see a game with him and Casemiro starting.

Bobski

Strange player he's like the good version of VDB. He doesn't get the ball enough for my liking but whenever he does get it he always seems to do something positive. He looks really good but not involved enough.

I don't think it is a bad comparison, but maybe has a more creative passing range than Donny. Looking at his career he was a fairly prolific scorer until Bayern, but physically he look a bit underpowered for the PL.

OrcaFat

Yeah. He can do a job anywhere in midfield but his best role will be as a no8 alongside Casemiro.

CM

I thought Sabitzer was our best player in the first half but faded badly in the second. He's fine as a squad option but not really seeing why people want us to sign him permanently

Kassadin

I have no strong feelings regarding him one way or the other. He isn't particularly bad or outstanding. He can be a good squad player that can provide cover for injures or rotation.

As for signing him on a permanent deal, would you start him ahead of Fred or a fit Erickson along side Casemiro? At this point in time it's a no from me. We need a world class mideilder that can partner with Casemiro (FDJ being the dream). Sabitzer would be a luxury backup signing imo.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Lyng

I feel like there is a player there. Need to see him with Casemiro.

AshRK

Looks like a better version of VDB. Still getting into groove I would say

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I agree with this, definitely an exellent squad upgrade option. But after today I don't think he is a player that will lift the team in a tough moment, to quote old Sourness, he is a steady Eddie.

Irwin99

Agree...sadly a lot of our midfielders share the same profile; in fact all of them except Casemiro.

Some very nice touches near their box but generally not influential enough.

youngrell

Thought he was very quiet today and a bit lost. Seemed too high up the pitch so wasn’t getting involved as much.

Could be that his lack of minutes has caught up with him a little. First few games he probably got through with adrenaline alone.

I think he is a solid addition to the squad, though. Would be happy with him signing but delighted we picked him up on loan at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.