6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Acole9

Outstanding
He has got better since he first joined but he always looks like he's got a mistake in him.

Ekeke

Does he have a brain? So rash and reckless.
You dont seem to need one to be be a first choice CB for LVG. We're looking for athletic, aggressive players who have a few extras on the ball... Also have to be rash and give opponents chances to attack by being careless with the ball

Santos J

It was quite a deal for Sporting. Sold this guy for 16 million and got a player twice as good for a year free of charge. Has to be the deal of the century?
Hardly considering they're severely missing him at the minute.

JohnnyLaw

Stupid missed passes yesterday, really has to cut that out. But otherwise he had Gomis in his pocket for most of the game.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
To earn Marcos Rojo's weekly salary, it would take you 619 years.

Marcos Rojo earns your annual salary every 0.4 seconds and wipes his ass with it.

Kag

Yesterday was his first dodgy game in a good while. The nonsense on the previous page isn't really justified.

He looks better with Smalling, though.

Stretford End Phil

Compared to his colleagues Rojo had a pretty decent game. There were moments but he kept the score from being worse. He kept his head as just about the everyone had gone to sleep 15 minutes before the end. Rojo is coming good as he adjust to the PL, he finds space and doesn't commit early.

Eugenius

My theory is that Rojo would be absolutely shat on if not for a couple of reasons; (a) he's a new signing, so avoids the grievance that others have towards Evans/Jones/Smalling where the fact that they haven't progressed from being very highly rated youngsters is held against them, (b) he's got a Latin name and is covered in tattoos so people think he's some sort of ball-playing, composed defender that is in vogue.

He gets a lot of praise from some elements, but I don't think he's very good at all.

My main gripe is that he's not imposing enough at all. He's 6 feet nothing, average build and doesn't attack the ball in the air. Smalling and Evans are taller, whilst Jones is built like a tank and is more aggressive in the tackle. Kevin Davies constantly kept manipulating him and kept the ball well away from him, and he couldn't handle him (see build up to their first goal). When the ball is dropped on top of him from deep he very rarely gets a big header away. Then there's the positional mistakes, silly tackles and suicidal passes out of defence. He's also rash too, I'm thinking of how he managed to dislocate his shoulder in a slide tackle.

He's not crap, but I'd honestly rather Smalling/Jones at the back. Rojo should be CB/LB cover at most for us. He reminds me of Silvestre, but two inches shorter, with less pace, and without the crossfield passing.

ZDwyr

He doesn't have the physical gifts of Smalling but I think he has handled himself fairly well. I think in the QPR game in particular he played Zamora brilliantly.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
My theory is that Rojo would be absolutely shat on if not for a couple of reasons; (a) he's a new signing, so avoids the grievance that others have towards Evans/Jones/Smalling where the fact that they haven't progressed from being very highly rated youngsters is held against them, (b) he's got a Latin name and is covered in tattoos so people think he's some sort of ball-playing, composed defender that is in vogue.

He gets a lot of praise from some elements, but I don't think he's very good at all.

My main gripe is that he's not imposing enough at all. He's 6 feet nothing, average build and doesn't attack the ball in the air. Smalling and Evans are taller, whilst Jones is built like a tank and is more aggressive in the tackle. Kevin Davies constantly kept manipulating him and kept the ball well away from him, and he couldn't handle him (see build up to their first goal). When the ball is dropped on top of him from deep he very rarely gets a big header away. Then there's the positional mistakes, silly tackles and suicidal passes out of defence. He's also rash too, I'm thinking of how he managed to dislocate his shoulder in a slide tackle.

He's not crap, but I'd honestly rather Smalling/Jones at the back. Rojo should be CB/LB cover at most for us. He reminds me of Silvestre, but two inches shorter, with less pace, and without the crossfield passing.
Really agree with you. For example Gabriel Heinze wasn't tall or robust but he was damn agressive. Rojo is nothing like that. He will be destroyed by Drogba at his peak (when Vidic was monstruous too).

At United we have a benchmark in modern years of CB in Pallister-Bruce and Rio-Vidic....

Rojo is just not good enough and is just slightly better (for the moment) than Smalling/Jones/Evans. We need something better than that.

I think that Gomis outplayed him too many times this weekend, and he never gives us the confidence we need at the back

sajeev

The only reason he is here is because he is left-footed. Not good enough for a club which wants to be at the top of the English premier league

Zoo

Bit kneejerk here today innit? He did not have a good game and should work on his positioning and rash challenges, but I still think he can come good.
Its not surprising, some people wait ages for a player to have a bad game to then unload on them and go OTT.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The only reason he is here is because he is left-footed. Not good enough for a club which wants to be at the top of the English premier league
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He is a 24 year old centre back playing his first year in the premier league, and so far has done very well IMO.

I wonder what the opinion of Vidic was after his first year?.

Raptori

Special needs

He is a 24 year old centre back playing his first year in the premier league, and so far has done very well IMO.

Vidic was shit mate. Knew he would be after 6 weeks, he didn't adapt quickly enough. Same goes for that Evra lad. Waste of money, both of them.

Mali_Zeus

People keep repeating this kind of stuff over and over again. You made your mind didnt you.

it seems some people bash him just cause he's not well known or some big name CB everyone wants. They dont care if he is playing good or not.

Devil may care

The extremes to which opinion on him varies is indicative of our season as a whole. I think for a first season in a new league and country he has done pretty well the majority of the time, and will only improve when we get a more experienced partner next to him.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
People keep repeating this kind of stuff over and over again. You made your mind didnt you.

it seems some people bash him just cause he's not well known or some big name CB everyone wants. They dont care if he is playing good or not.
I mean, first season in a new league, new country, can't speak the language, in a team that by LvG's admission lacks balance, without a stable back four for most of the season, going through a transition period after a disaster of a season under Moyes. But yeah he's shit, and will never come good despite him putting some impressive performances and probably being our most consistent CB. I don't get people on this forum at times. He's done well so far all things considered and I love his attitude on the pitch.

ottosec

I don't like seeing him paired with Jones in the center of our defense.

Mali_Zeus

I mean, first season in a new league, new country, can't speak the language, in a team that by LvG's admission lacks balance, without a stable back four for most of the season, going through a transition period after a disaster of a season under Moyes. But yeah he's shit, and will never come good despite him putting some impressive performances and probably being our most consistent CB. I don't get people on this forum at times. He's done well so far all things considered and I love his attitude on the pitch.
I dont get some people on this forum too and recently it has been beyond crazy here. :)

sajeev

In your opinion he has done well. I don't think he would be playing for us if he wasn't left-footed based on his performances so far. His decision making is not good enough, too rash. Also his situation is nothing like Vidic's, who was scouted for a long time and came to us and started performing well soon enough. But then again I don't really like the Vidic/Terry type of defender and Rojo is in that mould. So there is that.

That is a baseless accusation. I just don't think he is good enough based on his performances so far. He is not getting as much scrutiny because he is new, and his flaws are getting swept over. I don't think he will be a starter for us very long, especially if Van Gaal ieaves

Zoo

In your opinion he has done well. I don't think he would be playing for us if he wasn't left-footed based on his performances so far. His decision making is not good enough, too rash. Also his situation is nothing like Vidic's, who was scouted for a long time and came to us and started performing well soon enough. But then again I don't really like the Vidic/Terry type of defender and Rojo is in that mould. So there is that.
How is he in the Vidic/Terry mould?

Mali_Zeus

He isnt in a Terry/Vidic type of defender at all.

You dont think he would play if he wasnt left footed. Who would then play, Jones and Smalling?

Bwuk

Rojo is our best centre back. Between him and Shaw, the left hand side of the back four is strong. We just need to work on the right hand side.

ottosec

I don't like seeing Jones paired with anyone to be honest. Should be Smalling and Rojo for the rest of the season, but LVG clearly favors Jones for some reason.
Yes, Rojo looks the better of the two at this time. What I meant is that they both seem the type of defenders who need to play alongside a commanding CB, they are players that play with the heart, not with the head, if you know what I mean.

Maybe Rojo just needs time to adapt and learn the language and he can actually be a cool head in the back, but for now I think it might be better if we played only one of them alongside a more composed CB.

Sam

Playing Rojo with Jones is utter lunacy. I couldn't think of a worse defensive pairing if I tried. They both have the exact same strengths, and weaknesses.

Rojo has steadily improved this season, and started to look rather good, but he looks considerably worse with Jones (and vice versa)

Man Utd 2:0 Sunderland

m1y2

solid defensively but so poor going forward, would rather see winger Young there than center back. Shaw should be the first option tho..

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Love him! At least one Argentinian who has settled in!

Devil may care

Probably his second best game in the LB role for us, passed it well and didn't give any joy down his flank.

Zoo

Good game but it's obvious he prefers to play as a CB mixing it up with the opposition strikers.