View full 2014-15 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

revel911

I don't get the complaints here. When playing CB, he has been quite good .... especially when next to Smalling. Yes, he isn't an ideal LB, but that save off the line yesterday was crucial.

Mali_Zeus

I don't get the complaints here. When playing CB, he has been quite good .... especially when next to Smalling. Yes, he isn't an ideal LB, but that save off the line yesterday was crucial.
Its the fact his name isnt flashy enough. Some have made an opinion about him in the beginning of the season and are stuck with it.

I think he had a good debut season.

justboy68

Too early to judge him yet, he's one that has potential to really kick on with a season here under his belt. Interested to see how he'll do next year.

Also I assume he'll be heading to the Copa America in the summer? Normally wouldn't be a desirable thing but he's not played much recently so will be good for him to get the games. Plus he'll get to train with Messi.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One game left and I'm still unsure about Rojo, not a good LB and not that good at CB either. I can still why some Sporting fans were surprised by our interest in him.

Green_Red

He looked a bit overweight last night when I watched. Hope he kicks on next year.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
He's been ok. I'm definitely fine with him as a backup already, and I have a gut feeling he will improved quite a bit. Still we definitely need a new CB

m1y2

VG was planning to bring him in for LCB position with 3 at the back it's is best position IMO but we changed to 4 at the back and I'm not convinced with him at CB yet, but he has some time to improve, he's like Jones type of player they can rotate with Smalling who doesn't need to change his game because of this..

Rojo's definitely not left back his attacking play really sucks.. we will see I'm not writing him off just yet..

marlowe78

He's sloppy on the ball and can work on his positioning but I think the key attributes are there. He can cover ground quickly, is good in 1 v 1, and does well to support the CBs when on the left. He's handled the transition to PL well IMO and I look forward to seeing him improve.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He was terrible. He's been terrible every time he's played at LB, as far as I can remember. Offers nothing going forwards and constantly out of position defensively. He's brave, quick and strong in the tackle but he blatantly isn't a fullback.
His debut was at leftback and he did fine, and from what I saw defensively we went to shit when Blackett replaced him.

ZDwyr

His debut was at leftback and he did fine, and from what I saw defensively we went to shit when Blackett replaced him.
That was against QPR though, wasn't it? Who were absolutely dreadful at that stage.

thejtrain

I'd really like to think he's not an LB, 'cos he was truly awful yesterday. I did not have any complaints about his performances at CB earlier this season though.

Ekeke

having 10 men (playing without a striker all match) and him at lb which he's not - not a fair shout. and then to top it off blackfriars came on.
How does any of that explain him being too lax on the ball and losing it? Or not playing offside correctly? All things he does at CB too

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Rojo at left back is a different player to Rojo at central defence. At left back, he's more aggressive and careless in his defending. Whilst we still see some sloppiness in his game, he's more composed and defensively aware when playing in the middle than on the left. I would certainly say that he's better off as a central defender where he shows the promise to become a great defender, but he should never go to left back unless we have no other options, even from the U-21 roster.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Hard to believe it's not Buttner, Rojo is as shite though...

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
LB he is poor. CB I believe he is better than Jones and should partner Smalling if nobody better is brought in.

mu77

How does any of that explain him being too lax on the ball and losing it? Or not playing offside correctly? All things he does at CB too
you original post was something like "worst player on the pitch" - i think the strikers were shit on a stick. and no lb and cb are not the same position and he's just back from injury and blackett was dire. so no rojo was not the worst player on the pitch for united v le arse.

Ekeke

you original post was something like "worst player on the pitch" - i think the strikers were shit on a stick. and no lb and cb are not the same position and he's just back from injury and blackett was dire. so no rojo was not the worst player on the pitch for united v le arse.
I said he was our weakest link today, which he was. Normally its Valencia on the other side

Blackett was brought on for a reason

Hed Zitin

I don't rate him at all. He's pretty much a slightly worse Phil Jones, but at least Phil fills our home grown quota.

Waste of money.

Oo0AahCantona

I like him at cb, its difficult to make individual opinions based on this season, because EVERYONE bar De Gea, smalling and carrick(make a case for young and fellaini but bleh) has been dire if were honest.

Moving forward with Smalling + New signing (otamendi/hummels) + jones + rojo would be pretty decent i reckon, its just important we get a decent midfield to protect the back 4 more.

Gopher Brown

I don't rate him at all. He's pretty much a slightly worse Phil Jones, but at least Phil fills our home grown quota.

Waste of money.
He's only just 25 and just finished his first season in England after a difficult transfer. Although he hasn't exactly shone, he was £16m and is a decent squad player. That's what £16m buys us these days.

Drifter

American
Manchester United's Marcos Rojo has had a good first season with the club and appears to have settled in really well. There's been no suggestion of any issue with manager Louis van Gaal and that would still appear to be the case but Rojo believes the Manchester United manager isn't the warmest of characters, something which has been suggested previously but doesn't always fit in with how some players see the Dutchman.

Rojo has travelled to Argentina to join up with the Copa America squad, the tournament starts in early June in Chile and Argentina are expected to do very well. Having got to the World Cup final last summer and lost so painfully to Germany, Argentina have a lot to get over and winning the Copa America would go a long way to making the World Cup final more of a distant memory.

Whilst on international duty, Manchester United defender Rojo has been quoted by Pase a la Liga in Argentina as saying about his club manager "Van Gaal is distant, very cold but has a lot of experience, he's great coach and you learn a lot. Sometimes he seems very demanding."

Rojo said that Van Gaal is very honest, which helps players to know where they stand with the manager. It's been mentioned several times throughout Van Gaal's career that he sometimes has problems with South Americans, the cultural difference in terms of style could be what leads some players to believe he's cold toward them.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I used to get slaughtered for saying that we needed more than just the flavour of the summer to sort the defence up. Our defence need a leader, someone who can organise it and stand up to be counted. If we can't find a player like that than we might as well strengthen the RB (a strategy which is needed either way), bring in a quality GK (since DDG is leaving), add a quality young CB (Stones?) and hope that the defence will gell together just fine

Last edited:

Bwuk

Think this guy is a bit under-rated on this forum.

Hopefully he wins the Copa with Argentina.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
How has he been going in the copa america so far?
Magnificent. He's been playing left back for Argentina and has linked up really well with Di Maria down the left flank. I also agree with the poster who said he's underrated.

U99ted

Magnificent. He's been playing left back for Argentina and has linked up really well with Di Maria down the left flank. I also agree with the poster who said he's underrated.
Also I have to :lol: at people saying he isn't a left back.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Yeah, underrated big time here. He was solid for us and he's excellent for Argentina, in both left back and centre back.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Apart from the first game where the whole team looked a bit off he has been great in yet another big tournament. In his 2nd season in the EPL he is only going to improve. Always plays with a lot of passion and enthusiasm too and is a joy to watch.