6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is by far our best defender (which might not mean much), but I am much more confident with him than the others including Smalling who is decent, but very overrated here.

Kag

Everyone? Nope. Rojo is crap though. Rash, poor positioning, think he's good on the ball except he's not. It's a toss up between him and Jones as to who's the more clueless defender. Rojo might just win that battle.
His positioning isn't poor.

DocRockter

That play he made just before half-time against two Arsenal players was absolutely magnificent.. Once he learns the language and gets more familiar with the forwards in the Premier League, he's gonna be a hell of a player.

lalloyd

He's not going to be the world's best defender but he's got guts and determination and that in itself is a joy to watch in a season full of indifference. Watching him send Santi Cazorla up in the air last night was sadly one of the highlights of the season for me. Terrible tackle but occasionally great to see.

Mark_GrumpyLion

He's not going to be the world's best defender but he's got guts and determination and that in itself is a joy to watch in a season full of indifference. Watching him send Santi Cazorla up in the air last night was sadly one of the highlights of the season for me. Terrible tackle but occasionally great to see.
Indeed. I wonder if he'll be in the side if we buy new defenders. Rojo + one calm leader type would work, I think.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
That tackle was classic Rojo. When i saw it on the highlights i had flashbacks of the times he did it on our stadium. I was petrified everytime i saw him do his typical two footed lunges.
Tbf i really miss him. Our defence is shambles currently. He was the boss here and from what i´ve seen in United games he is the least of your defensive worries. I mean Smalling and Valência were abysmal yesterday.

Kag

Awful then. Take your pick.
It's good. He's seldom found all over the pitch in the way you find Jones. Positionally, the rest of our centre halves are quite solid. They tend to lack elsewhere, noticeably heading, decision making and conviction, the latter of which can stem from a lack of confidence.

Rojo defends well most weeks. When he steps up for an interception he usually gets it right. He has the odd rash moment but that's a part of his game he's clearly trying to keep in check.

Kag

Yeah, I enjoyed the challenge, I'll be honest. Shame it didn't put the lad off the pitch, as harsh as that sounds.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Think he's still adjusting to the pace of the league, I keep forgetting he is also just 24 so there is still an air of rashness in him.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's by far our best CB and best left back. And he's not that great. Which tells you everything you need to know about our defense.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That tackle was classic Rojo. When i saw it on the highlights i had flashbacks of the times he did it on our stadium. I was petrified everytime i saw him do his typical two footed lunges.
Tbf i really miss him. Our defence is shambles currently. He was the boss here and from what i´ve seen in United games he is the least of your defensive worries. I mean Smalling and Valência were abysmal yesterday.
Yeah, he's been good for a while now. Looks like a decent bit of business.

Devil may care

My biggest concern with him positionally is on balls over the top, he seems to struggle to read the flight.

Zoo

I thought he was excellent today, apart from that cheap foul given away to Weimann

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
When Phil Jones is the calmer head in a CB pairing it's a little troubling. Nice on the ball as usual and a good athlete but that rash streak makes me antsy.
Jones was getting caught up the pitch way too much and Rojo bailed him out numerous times. Don't let that one tackle late on get in the way of that.

Raw

Very solid game from him, there was a moment I liked where Villa lumped up the ball and it was two Villa strikers charging against Rojo. Rojo just sweeped away the ball from Benteke (?) with ease.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He lost Benteke on the corner for the goal and gave Villa their second best chance with that stupid free kick. People seem to see what they want to see.
He also made a fantastic last ditch tackle against agbonlahor when he was 2v1
With benteke alongside. Jones had gone walk about and left him stranded. If he mistimed that it was a red. So yeah people can see what they want to see.

Classical Mechanic

He also made a fantastic last ditch tackle against agbonlahor when he was 2v1
With benteke alongside. Jones had gone walk about and left him stranded. If he mistimed that it was a red. So yeah people can see what they want to see.
Phil Jones isn't allowed to make a misplaced pass without getting slated. If he had done what Rojo had today the Phil Jones thread would be at the top of the page.

MDFC Manager

He was excellent I thought.

I must the one of the few that isn't convinced by the Jones Smalling partnership, so I don't mind Smalling coming back and replacing Jones for next week

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Thought he was quite decent today, obviously a bit rusty in terms of his touch and movement but it'll come with match sharpness. He will be a quality player for us in the longer term IMO. Acclimatizing to the frantic pace and odd angles of the Premier League can be daunting for an import, especially from a considerably weaker Primeira Liga.

Plus he didn't have a good off-season to recuperate from the World Cup strain, played in a few matches for Sporting, had to face the buyout and visa shenanigans, has gotten injured a couple of times, and never consistently played in a settled backline. Not the ideal circumstances for a new addition unaccustomed to language in an area of the pitch where more than any other position, communication and trust is paramount. Given more time, he'll be alright.

hbgreg

One day in an important match, we're gonna need a goal and will be in dire need of some inspiration, and he's gonna shoot and it's gonna fly into the top corner.

One day.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He can't defend.

Genuinely bemused as why after every Phil Jones game, his thread gets bumped about him being rash while Rojo seems to get away with his moments of utter buffoonery.

mu77

He lost Benteke on the corner for the goal and gave Villa their second best chance with that stupid free kick. People seem to see what they want to see.
it was a back pass. spanish dave was the one that needed to stop it. he is a rash defender , he and phil need to get sorted.

mu77

It was two mistakes. Firstly Rojo lost his man who got a shot at goal and then De Gea. The power of the shot is irrelevant to Rojo's mistake.
no it's not. it rolled under him, not into a corner like a well placed pass. . not hit clean at all. dave got caught flat footed. and TBH phil was marking no one at all.

JohnnyLaw

Thought opinions would be a bit more positive as we didn't really miss Smalling today with both Jones and Rojo putting on decent performances. Considering how weak we've looked in Defense over the season it's nice to see our cbs all performing well.

He wasn't flawless today but he wasn't bad. The collective needs to take responsibility for the situations quoted. No one went over to cover the space behind Rojo when he moved over to the left which lead to the challenge on Weimann, and the corner shouldn't have made it to Benteke. That's my opinion anyway.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Thought he was fine today. Don't think he was helped by Jones at times, not that Jones did poorly but I don't think the understanding was quite was it has been. In saying that, it was good enough and they got the job done.

ZDwyr

I thought he was fine. I actually thought Jones was alright too. Maybe I need to re-watch and re-assess how they did though.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He was fine again!

Btw what would happen to him if we get Hummels? Would he lose his starting place (assuming Blind would be available as LB)?