Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Time for a thread in here now Sporting have confirmed it?

Edit: And now United

Last edited:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Welcome.

The big question is how well he can do at CB having primarily been a leftback.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's definitely official.

Happy with the signing, really feel he can become a fan favourite. Appears to be quite the nutter.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I think he'll be a fan favourite. Although there will be mistakes I'm sure.

Drifter

American
Not that excited about this signing,but welcome to OT i guess.

Zoo

Marcos Rojo Rabona clearance. Argentina vs Bosnia…:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Ok and what does Pavillion mean ? (with respect to a transfer being announced)
They will build a pavilion in the stadium.

pa·vil·ion
pəˈvilyən/
noun

noun: pavilion; plural noun: pavilions.

* a building or similar structure used for a specific purpose, in particular.
  • a summerhouse or other decorative building used as a shelter in a park or large garden.
  • in the names of buildings used for theatrical or other entertainments.
    noun: Pavilion
    "the second concert at the White Rock Pavilion"
  • a detached or semidetached block at a hospital or other building complex.
  • a large tent with a peak and crenellated decorations, used especially at a show or fair.
  • a temporary building, stand, or other structure in which items are displayed by a dealer or exhibitor at a trade exhibition.

* a usually highly decorated projecting subdivision of a building

* the part of a cut gemstone below the girdle.

Castia

Hopefully he will be a good signing, I have a feeling the fans will love him for his character.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
A versatile defender is what we needed, let's hope he develops well.

Now let's sort out our midfield and we're good to go

Devil may care

I'm cautiously optimistic about this guy, I think he'll add some fire and personality to us on the pitch. Welcome Marcos, now time for the shirt pic! :devil:

Mister Ed

pa·vil·ion
pəˈvilyən/
noun

noun: pavilion; plural noun: pavilions.

* a building or similar structure used for a specific purpose, in particular.
  • a summerhouse or other decorative building used as a shelter in a park or large garden.
  • in the names of buildings used for theatrical or other entertainments.
    noun: Pavilion
    "the second concert at the White Rock Pavilion"
  • a detached or semidetached block at a hospital or other building complex.
  • a large tent with a peak and crenellated decorations, used especially at a show or fair.
  • a temporary building, stand, or other structure in which items are displayed by a dealer or exhibitor at a trade exhibition.

* a usually highly decorated projecting subdivision of a building

* the part of a cut gemstone below the girdle.
Yea i know what a pavillion is, but I thought the tweet said the deal was done subject to them building a pavillion. I had no idea what to make of it, but now I get it :D

Jev

Great deal for Sporting. If we're actually paying all of Nani's wages, then we're idiots. Would have been much better to pay them a few more million and having him as an option/selling him later in the window.

We needed a defender, though, any defender. I don't know much about this guy but expect him to be around the same level as the ones we have, so a bit underwhelmed at that price. Now for the next one, please.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Best of luck to him, hope it proves a success.

Mister Ed

Great deal for Sporting. If we're actually paying all of Nani's wages, then we're idiots. Would have been much better to pay them a few more million and having him as an option/selling him later in the window.

We needed a defender, any defender. I don't know much about this guy but expect him to be around the same level as the ones we have, so a bit underwhelmed at that price. Now for the next one, please.
Atleast we got rid of him for a year.

Cina

Excellent. Very good signing.

Wish we could build some pavilions though, stoopid Ed.

Jev

Atleast we got rid of him for a year.
How is that a good thing when we're paying all of his wages? It's another lousy deal negotiated by Woodward, whichever way you put it. Hopefully Rojo will make us forget that.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Sporting's press release is here. http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi2004/emitentes/docs/FR51803.pdf

Translation:

Pursuant to the fulfillment of obligation which arises from the provisions of Article 248, no1 al. a) of the Securities Code, A SPORTING CLUB DE PORTUGAL, SOCCER, tells SAD to reach agreement with Manchester United Football Club Limited for the acquisition outright of sports rights and 100% of the economic rights of the player Marcos Rojo for the total amount € 20,000,000.00 (twenty million euros), payable in three installments: € 10,000,000.00 paid immediately and two installments of € 5,000,000.00 each, paid on 1 December 2014 and July 1, 2015.
Value above and in accordance with the contracted shall be paid to Spartak Moscow € 4,000,000.00, in proportion to the amounts received by SPORTING SAD Manchester United.
Please note that the agreement also provides for the right of Sporting SAD to receive 20% of the gain on a future transfer of the player for an amount exceeding € 23,000,000.00.
Simultaneously the SPORTING SAD reached agreement with Manchester United for the temporary transfer, free of charge, for SPORTING SAD athlete Nani, until the end of season 2014/2015.
Regarding DOYEN SPORTS INVESTMENTS LIMITED, and in consequence of the resolution for cause the contract with this entity for the sharing of economic Player, informs that the SAD SPORTING refund immediately, Doyen of the amount invested by this entity, in legal terms.
With this operation, the Board of Directors of Sporting SAD announces that intends to affect, to define in legal terms, EUR 9 million to the construction of the Pavilion of Sporting Clube de Portugal, continuing the Mission Hall in operation until it raised the value of one million euros.
The bidding round for the construction of the Pavilion is nearing completion, providing the necessary permits is believed that their arrival in the competent authorities, particularly in CML, as quickly as possible, so that the start of construction of the new pavilion is one of the Sporting reality as soon as possible.
Lisbon, August 19, 2014
The Board of Directors

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Excellent. Very good signing.

Wish we could build some pavilions though, stoopid Ed.
You would have to be a more ecletic club. We are the second most ecletic club in Europe after Barcelona. Our athletes have won olympic medals. Just wish football also won a bit more. I guess MarcosDeto will be delighted with another argie. Time for him to defend him now. I´m relieved of my duties :p