Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Olly thread but no GIF?

Waste of time.

Drummer

First LVG signing, I feel good about it even though I know nothing about the player....

Mister Ed

How is that a good thing when we're paying all of his wages? It's another lousy deal negotiated by Woodward, whichever way you put it. Hopefully Rojo will make us forget that.
Well we'd be paying his wages if his on our bench anyway, atleast now he helped us secure this deal which was looking to many as being completley blocked just a couple of days ago. Rojo to United for €20m was looking unlikley the moment Sporting came out threathening to take Doyen to court. I think Woodward resolved this just fine, smoothed things over between the two, unblocked the deal, got us Rojo for 20 mil and found a solution for Nani in the process.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Pursuant to the fulfillment of obligation which arises from article 248, No. 1 al. a) of the Securities Code, A SPORTING CLUB DE PORTUGAL, SOCCER, tells SAD to reach agreement with Manchester United Football Club Limited for the acquisition outright of sports rights and 100% of the economic rights of the player Marcos Rojo for the total amount € 20,000,000.00 (twenty million euros), payable in three installments: € 10,000,000.00 paid immediately and two installments of € 5,000,000.00 each, paid on 1 December 2014 and July 1, 2015.
Value above and in accordance with the contracted shall be paid to Spartak Moscow € 4,000,000.00, in proportion to the amounts received by SPORTING SAD Manchester United.
Please note that the agreement also provides for the right of Sporting SAD to receive 20% of the gain on a future transfer of the player for an amount exceeding € 23,000,000.00.
Simultaneously the SPORTING SAD reached agreement with Manchester United for the temporary transfer, free of charge, for SPORTING SAD athlete Nani, until the end of season 2014/2015.
Regarding DOYEN SPORTS INVESTMENTS LIMITED, and in consequence of the resolution for cause the contract with this entity for the sharing of economic Player, informs that the SAD SPORTING refund immediately, Doyen of the amount invested by this entity, in legal terms.
With this operation, the Board of Directors of Sporting SAD announces that intends to affect, to define in legal terms, EUR 9 million to the construction of the Pavilion of Sporting Clube de Portugal, continuing the Mission Hall in operation until it raised the value of one million euros.
The bidding round for the construction of the Pavilion is nearing completion, providing the necessary permits is believed that their arrival in the competent authorities, particularly in CML, as quickly as possible, so that the start of construction of the new pavilion is one of the Sporting reality as soon as possible.
Lisbon, August 19, 2014
The Board of Directors
Official statement from Sporting. €10 million upfront, two €5 million installments to be paid after.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I feel good about this singning. He's young, has lots of experience at an international level(usually a good sign), read the game well and will become a bit more disciplined under someone like van Gaal.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shocked he's actually coming, simply because we've been such massive jokers with our transfers lately. Much needed signing if all they say about him is true.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Happy to get a new signing but embarrassed to admit that I don't know much about Rojo other than he's a left-footed defender and Argentinian. Can someone describe what his strengths are and who he is similar to. Why are people saying that he's a nutter? How's his disciplinary record? And lastly, it appears as if his brief time spent in Russia was rather disappointing. Was he injured? Or was it a case of being too young and not fitting in to a new environment?

Jev

Well we'd be paying his wages if his on our bench anyway, atleast now he helped us secure this deal which was looking to many as being completley blocked just a couple of days ago. Rojo to United for €20m was looking unlikley the moment Sporting came out threathening to take Doyen to court. I think Woodward resolved this just fine, smoothed things over between the two, unblocked the deal, got us Rojo for 20 mil and found a solution for Nani in the process.
If he was on our bench, we could play him, or we could sell him later. Would have been much more sensible to pay Sporting a few more million.

Winrar

I hope this is not our last signing of the window but I have an uncomfortable feeling it's going to be.

Anyways welcome to United, Rojo.

Acole9

Outstanding
Welcome to United. I hope that's not the last time I'll be saying that before the window closes.

caid

Excellent. Very good signing.

Wish we could build some pavilions though, stoopid Ed.

We should buy sportings pavillion next season.
It has handball AND futsall already!!!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
As a signing he makes perfect sense but then the last time I thought that about one of our signings was Kagawa so what do I know...

It's a bit of a shame for Blackett but it had to be done. Wonder who gets dropped out of Jones, Smalling and Evans.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Welcome to United Rojo :devil:

Nice to have an Argie again, I like South American players. Now only Vidal and Di Maria to go!!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
As a signing he makes perfect sense but then the last time I thought that about one of our signings was Kagawa so what do I know...

It's a bit of a shame for Blackett but it had to be done. Wonder who gets dropped out of Jones, Smalling and Evans.
I would probably guess Jones? He seems to be an all action centre-back like Jones.

Hed Zitin

Jury's out on him at CB after what I've read. Pleased with this transfer for fullback cover though.

Hopefully he can help get Di Maria to come.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Marcos Rojo is a red, is a red, is a red. Marcos Rojo is a red! It's his surname!

Devil may care

Smalling or Evans, I think the plan will be for the pace and power of Rojo and Jones to flank one of them as the central CB.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
So, the most important question, how do you correctly pronounce his name?

Rojo?
Roho?
Rogo?
I've been saying it the same way you'd say the "J" in Jose.

So the sound you do if you're preparing to formulate a massive bolus of phlegm to spit out.

montpelier

The player seems to have said he's coming so it would be handy if we have actually signed him.

stu_1992

Hopefully a good signing. Can't say I know much about him since I hadn't seen him play before the world cup. I thought he was pretty good at that, though others have impressed at that before and not got up to much. He certainly ticks in the right boxes in terms of increasing squad numbers in a position that badly needed strengthening. Especially useful that he can play left-back too. Let's hope he is good enough to be a starter right away. The disciplinary record is a slight concern though.

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
This will be interesting and exciting! Welcome to Manchester, Rojo!

pseudo_canadian

Nice to actually sign someone!

And it seems like he genuinely wanted to join the club, I always love seeing that. He could become a fan favorite I feel.

Welcome aboard, Marcos.