Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopher Brown

He's yet another player we have in our squad with very little technical merit. We have too many who can't pass or control the ball properly, and they need to go.

Boycott

This guy was strolling around towards the end of the first half as if he were the playmaker.

facund

Today he added not really giving a shit to his already high level of crappery.
This guy was strolling around towards the end of the first half as if he were the playmaker.
I'm really not sure about the bloke in terms of quality but do feel the need to defend him a little regarding his effort.

For the first 30 or so minutes he was charging around, getting up and down the pitch like nobodies business. They showed him on close up a few times and you could see the sweat and how much he was panting from his exertions (not that this proves anything in itself but it turned out to be an ominous warning). He is either not up to match fitness yet or/and not the fittest player in the world and thus unsuitable for the FB position (arguably the most physically demanding role in the team in terms of stamina, length of sprints and short recovery times).

He burnt himself out and probably should have been subbed at half time IMO and appears to carry a bit too much muscle mass to ever be a modern FB.

khoazany

I laughed like an idiot when some guy on Twitter suggest that he's still better than CBJ and Riley.No sorry he isn't.Not a LB for me.

Last edited:

Fer

Smalling - Blind as CBs have been decent. However, I think Blind needs to rest, so Rojo could play as defender instead of left back.

Man City 0:1 Man Utd

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Want to praise Rojo for one thing. He's often got a MC open to his side but he usually finds the forward instead. He doesn't want to pass it backwards/sideways.

izec

I like his passing at times, tries to be positive and found his man a lot of times in the 2nd half. But still overall our worst player on the pitch, needs to get tighter defensively.

blitz133w

Starting to dislike him. Controls the ball with one touch and then loses the ball with some silly pass. Always seems to get beaten one on one as well. Aerially he's alright but he's the weak link in our defence at the moment

kundalini

Very poor today. Gave the ball away cheaply, never looked like stopping Navas, and got beaten easily by Demichelis in the air from a free-kick; fortunately it went wide.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His stamina is quite poor, he looks gassed so early in matches.

Devil may care

Him and Darmian do not convince me at fullback, they leave too much for our 2 CB's to do IMO.

m1y2

well if we want to play him then try him as CB, if he's shit sell him, we already know he's terrible left back

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I've defended him a lot in the past, but he's been an absolute liability lately.

Sort it out, Rocko.

Hellboy

Can't believe he cost £16m. Careless in possession, weak, offers nothing at all going forward, got skinned by Jesus Navas who's a one trick pony. Really can't see him staying beyond the summer. He's wank.

Gopher Brown

He's not very good, but he's still got time to improve if he calms down. He's younger than Smalling, but I wouldn't say he's shown much promise. He reminds me of Silvestre, who we persevered with for years, despite being a terrible player. It didn't stop him winning 5 league titles.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Honestly can't see that he's such a poor player. For me he's more than good enough to be an option at both CB and LB.

acnumber9

He's not very good, but he's still got time to improve if he calms down. He's younger than Smalling, but I wouldn't say he's shown much promise. He reminds me of Silvestre, who we persevered with for years, despite being a terrible player. It didn't stop him winning 5 league titles.
Silvestre was much better. He had good games to go with the awful ones at least. Rojo's best performances almost reach average.

R'hllor

People cant believe that he cost 16mil. pound...:lol: in market where Mangala costs 42mil. and some other examples.

Loublaze

ATLien
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-09-21/silvestre-double-sinks-liverpool-as-rio-returns/555546

http://www.squawka.com/news/mikael-silvestre-i-turned-down-liverpool-to-join-man-utd/409697

The man is a legend!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Get off Rojo's back...he certainly ain't the worst player we have. Stupid how people are prepared to put up with the crap we have like Schneiderlin yet always on Rojo's case.

Cheekiey

Been spotted smoking;

This frustrates the hell out of me...

You have got the opportunity to play for one of the biggest football clubs in the world and not being 100% dedicated to your career...

If I had the chance to become a pro footballer, I'd take it, (work my arse off and be 1000% dedicated) hold onto it and never let it go. Never mind playing for Manchester United.

Yet he smokes.. Wasting his opportunities, only way is down for him imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.