Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
Get off Rojo's back...he certainly ain't the worst player we have. Stupid how people are prepared to put up with the crap we have like Schneiderlin yet always on Rojo's case.
Rojo is simply not good and reliable enough. Schneiderlin has proven himself in England, he's far from crap.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This frustrates the hell out of me...

You have got the opportunity to play for one of the biggest football clubs in the world and not being 100% dedicated to your career...

If I had the chance to become a pro footballer, I'd take it, (work my arse off and be 1000% dedicated) hold onto it and never let it go. Never mind playing for Manchester United.

Yet he smokes.. Wasting his opportunities, only way is down for him imo.
You had the same chance a him, a better chance even. You just didn't work hard enough as a kid or a teenager. That is unless you've got some sort of condition that prevents you from having done so.

Gopher Brown

This frustrates the hell out of me...

You have got the opportunity to play for one of the biggest football clubs in the world and not being 100% dedicated to your career...

If I had the chance to become a pro footballer, I'd take it, (work my arse off and be 1000% dedicated) hold onto it and never let it go. Never mind playing for Manchester United.

Yet he smokes.. Wasting his opportunities, only way is down for him imo.
There's a difference between having a cigarette and being a 'smoker.'

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rojo on Instagram:

“...for those with no life, a big hug and see if you stop making things up that are not and try to be happy."
It's not exactly making things up if he's been caught on camera doing it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Smoke and ruin a perfect family in one night. Wow

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
If he is a smoker then that is dumb but if he smoked a cigarette socially then who cares. Cantona and Zidane both smoked cigarettes.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Get off Rojo's back...he certainly ain't the worst player we have. Stupid how people are prepared to put up with the crap we have like Schneiderlin yet always on Rojo's case.
Schneiderlin is like Platini compared to Rojo. He is quite simply an average player.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Don't think he hurts the team when he plays, but what does he add really? At least Young, Fellaini, and Valencia have had some important moments of quality during their time here. Can't say the same for Rojo.

JohnnyLaw

Don't think he hurts the team when he plays, but what does he add really? At least Young, Fellaini, and Valencia have had some important moments of quality during their time here. Can't say the same for Rojo.
Hardly a fair comparison, Fellainis in his third season, Young's been here for what, 4 or 5 years? Valencia even longer than that. Rojo's only in his second season here and has been injured for a good chunk of both of them.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm slightly less concerned by the fact he's a smoker than the fact he's absolutely fecking pony.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I just don't get the hoo-haa behind him being caught smoking once. Its a social event, its not like he is a regular smoker!
And selling him because of this is way too senseless. He should be fined (I don't agree with this although!) depending on the rules the club has regarding this and whether it is permissible for players or not. But selling one of our fitter defenders when we lack them is bonkers. I actually would like to know whether they are thinking that we'll end up signing 2-3 CB's ready for 1st team that you wish him to be sold. He isn't a starter material but he is more than decent squad player

Cheekiey

You had the same chance a him, a better chance even. You just didn't work hard enough as a kid or a teenager. That is unless you've got some sort of condition that prevents you from having done so.
Woah easy tiger, what's your problem? You have a soft spot for Rojo or something.
You know nothing about me or my chances or about my life as a kid. Even if I told you about my football career you wouldn't care, probably just say something else ridiculous like 'Unless you've got some sort of condition'...

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Woah easy tiger, what's your problem? You have a soft spot for Rojo or something.
You know nothing about me or my chances or about my life as a kid. Even if I told you about my football career you wouldn't care, probably just say something else ridiculous like 'Unless you've got some sort of condition'...
I don't know anything about you which is why I put in the disclaimer. I'm just saying that Rojo grew up in a poor neighborhood in Argentina and is now playing for Manchester United. What opportunities did he have that others didn't? I'd say that just by growing up in England your chances are bigger by default.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Hardly a fair comparison, Fellainis in his third season, Young's been here for what, 4 or 5 years? Valencia even longer than that. Rojo's only in his second season here and has been injured for a good chunk of both of them.
Come on, in that time have you seen much to suggest he should have a long future here? Blind has shown more at CB *and* LB and I'd rather play the likes of CBJ over him as our backup LB. He's fine as a 3rd or 4th choice but I feel that's the role of the young players

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Zidane used to smoke, Ashley Cole smokes, Messi smoked at some point.

Last edited:

JohnnyLaw

Come on, in that time have you seen much to suggest he should have a long future here? Blind has shown more at CB *and* LB and I'd rather play the likes of CBJ over him as our backup LB. He's fine as a 3rd or 4th choice but I feel that's the role of the young players
He's had some highs with us aswell as some lows, but the ones you compared him with people have wanted out for much of if not the majority of their time with us. We shouldn't be hasty about throwing people out of the team right now, we need to build on what we have. Unless we bring in a top defender I wouldn't get rid of him. And even if we do there are no guarantees, Mangala was a big transfer and he's way worse and Otamendi hasn't been that great either. CBJ is doing well now but in a year he could be as much of a non entity as McNair is as of now, that's the thing about youth.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
He's had some highs with us aswell as some lows, but the ones you compared him with people have wanted out for much of if not the majority of their time with us. We shouldn't be hasty about throwing people out of the team right now, we need to build on what we have. Unless we bring in a top defender I wouldn't get rid of him. And even if we do there are no guarantees, Mangala was a big transfer and he's way worse and Otamendi hasn't been that great either. CBJ is doing well now but in a year he could be as much of a non entity as McNair is as of now, that's the thing about youth.
I do agree on this, we can't just keep rebuilding and rebuilding. We've essentially done that for the last 2 seasons. Rojo isn't our biggest problem and didn't cost much. But we should definitely be looking to improve in his primary position. If we do, he becomes our 4th choice CB between Blind and Jones. I can't see him improving beyond that

mu77

smoking isn't the reason to get rid , he's really not good enough

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I love blind but he should be our 2nd choice LCB. Rojo is not good enough to start above blind.

However, I think he will be really good in another top league. Just the pace of this one makes him slower than he really is ( in the brain too)
Yep agree Rojo needs sold but don't think he'd be great anywhere as he just looks average.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That volley just sums him up. Wtf is going through his head. I'm actually starting to hate him.

54% passing, worse than De Gea. Every decision he makes is just stupid.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Put in a couple of very good crosses.

Nothing apart from that though. Delofeououoyou has had his number in that first half. Surprised they decided to switch him and Lennon when Rojo couldn't handle him.

WyoManU

Simply not a good enough player. Shocking how poor some of LVG's buys have been.

binary bot
He offers us no outlet on the left, he makes it 10 times easier for teams to sit back and absorb our rubbish attacks.

Minimalist

Always looks like a centre back playing full back. Does his best but it's all a bit meh.

m1y2

the only thing he offers is a good cross here and there but his game is very one dimensional, I think he was very poor, doesnt have touch and dribbling good enough for other than CB, suspicious at CB, might be sold in summer or give him a run of games at CB and if he doesnt take it sell him, would rather play TFM as LB now

Status
Not open for further replies.