Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Said it last season, worse defender I have seen play for this club. Has no redeeming qualities. Argentinian Buttner who cost 5 times more.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Dreadful again, though I'll give him the caviat that today that the tactics really didn't help him at all... he looked like he didn't have a clue what he was meant to be doing or where he was meant to be half the time.

Also, his passing is shocking.

Ludens the Red

Yeah, still not sure what he does and what he's supposed to be doing, does he even know? Does LVG know?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought this thread would be more active. He really isn't a Manchester United player, he's so average and even then, he makes far too many mistakes. Don't under what LvG sees in him at all.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Absolutely baffled at how shite this guy is. To think we gave Sporting 16m and Nani on a free for this clown

SSSSnake

Anyone notice how worst we've played since he's been back? He can't defend and gets caught ball watching a lot. I want Mensah in the team against West Ham

NinjaFletch

I like him, but the difference between his top level and his bottom level is so stark that you really can't plan around him. He's just as likely to neutralise a teams most dangerous player out of the game, as he is to run at him from 70 yards and dislocate his shoulder rugby tackling him.

I also think he's a much, much better centre-half than he is a left back. I think at his best he's good enough, and I'd probably give a new manager the benefit of the doubt if they thought they could get it out of him consistently, but he's another one that can have no complaints if he's sold in the summer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's had two seasons now, and he still looks as rash and incompetent at the dealing with high balls as when he joined. I'd happily bin him at this point.

Classical Mechanic

It makes me laugh that he was LVG's personal signing. All the talk of Van Gaal's philosophy and the tactical sophistication of the game we would employ and he signs a player of base football intelligence.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I still quite like him. I believe he's capable of better than what we have seen from him this season, but that goes the majority of the squad, if not all of it. The one thing really holding him back is the long, long, mysterious injuries. He's just rarely ever available. I sort of forgot he was even a United player until he was in the away end at Anfield a few weeks back. He had a very long spell out last season too, coincidentally, both injuries spanned over the winter months.

Him starting at left back vs Liverpool but then moving to a back three (where we bring him in to centre back and move Blind out wide) seemed a weird and overly complicated move to make mid-game. Why not just push Rojo forward and let him put the ball in the box? He's a good crosser of the ball and is a bit more mobile than Blind. Making too many defensive changes mid-game has been a constant this season, and it always appears to be a little damaging.

Anyone notice how worst we've played since he's been back? He can't defend and gets caught ball watching a lot. I want Mensah in the team against West Ham
I hadn't noticed that. In the 9 league games he has played, we have only lost once. In the 13 games he missed, we only won 3, and lost 5. I'm not saying he is remotely responsible for the form, but our form is actually better when he plays.

Same happened last season, he got a good run of games and he was very good. We only lost 1 of 11 consecutive games he played. Then he got injured and we lost 3 on the bounce. Coincidence? Perhaps, but he's the least of our worries IMO. Good squad player as far as I'm concerned.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I hadn't noticed that. In the 9 league games he has played, we have only lost once. In the 13 games he missed, we only won 3, and lost 5. I'm not saying he is remotely responsible for the form, but our form is actually better when he plays.
In those 9 games, we've conceded a mere 6 goals and kept 5 clean sheets (Won 6; Drawn 2 and Lost 1).
In the 20 he hasn't played, we've conceded 21 goals and kept 8 clean sheets (Won 7; Drawn 5 and Lost 8).

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Apart from his shooting I think he was one of the better players. I agree that he constantly makes me nervous, but at least he looks half decent going forward.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I like him. Always gives his all, doesn't pussy out of challenges, is pretty decent on the ball as well, along with being pretty reliable when fit either out at left back or center back. He's not going to be a starter because Shaw is brilliant when fit, but he's a very good squad option to have.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I never realized how fecking slow he is, Carrick was running past him. The only good thing he really offers is his driving runs but even then when he gets into the good position he does feck all with it. He plays aimless long balls all game, is good for a 40 yard shot into the upper tier, and thinks he has the ball skills of Iniesta despite being distinctly average for a defender on the ball. He'd be a lot better if he didn't play like a complete idiot.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I wish the days of playing centre back as full back are over. He has no idea how to attack in this position, and makes some really weird decisions. What is even more strange is how much of a ball he sees.

Sylar

I actually would prefer him next to smalling as LCB. But hes been moved around so much (another player we do that with).

I swear he started there and then it changed after 5 minutes. Was odd.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I actually would prefer him next to smalling as LCB. But hes been moved around so much (another player we do that with).

I swear he started there and then it changed after 5 minutes. Was odd.
Yeah that was weird... I was pretty happy to finally see Rojo playing his preferred position (even if I do think he's a bit crap), and Blind playing where he's more comfortable... but yeah, he changed it after 5 minutes. It's like LVG was intentionally trying to feck with me or something.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah that was weird... I was pretty happy to finally see Rojo playing his preferred position (even if I do think he's a bit crap), and Blind playing where he's more comfortable... but yeah, he changed it after 5 minutes. It's like LVG was intentionally trying to feck with me or something.
Hes been on a mission all season!

Status
Not open for further replies.