Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fer

In my opinion, Rojo is better at LB. He doesn't have the pace of Shaw but he has other attributes. Also he has a powerful shot that he could try more in that position and it's a tough defender.
Blind is better as CB because he has a better ball control to start a play and his positioning is better.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Think Rojo might have the second best delivery in the team.

Nickosaur

Its extremely erratic but he is capable. CBJ, Blind and Herrera i consider to have better deliveries. The list of those that cant cross is too long
Yeah, seeing CBJ come into the team as a 19 year old and put in dangerous cross after dangerous cross is great and all, but it then makes you think how frequently the senior players feck it up in that regard.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah, seeing CBJ come into the team as a 19 year old and put in dangerous cross after dangerous cross is great and all, but it then makes you think how frequently the senior players feck it up in that regard.
Absolutely. I'm fed up of rubbish delivery from the likes of Valencia, Darmian and Lingard this season, professional footballers that you'd think can work on this every day in training to see them land more crosses in the fecking crowd than the penalty area. Rojo also needs to improve the consistency of his delivery which i think he alluded to himself in an interview 3-4 months ago.

Eugenius

I'm not Rojo's biggest fan, but I thought he was good up until injury. Gave us some bite and aggression to balance things up with Blind and Carrick.

Devil may care

Started quite well but injured again, him and Jones get the same type of injuries due to how rash they are in 50/50's IMO.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Far from being a player that should be starting for Man Utd.

At most he's like Sylvestre. Totally pointless and disposable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't understand why defenders wear these thin flimsy boots. They offer no protection no wonder they get lots of bad knocks.

He did well though, kept Walcott very quiet.

Norris

Can't fault Rojo for this injury. Welbeck really whacked him hard. I feared it might it have even shattered his ankle, such was the force. He looked decent on his return in ages, though should have done better for the Welbeck goal.

Man-United

Far from being a player that should be starting for Man Utd.

At most he's like Sylvestre. Totally pointless and disposable.
I take you didn't follow the first years of his time with us. Silvestre was a very good player between 2001-2005. As left back at first, and then fantastic with Rio.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I'd keep him. His injuries have sort of been unavoidable. The dislocation of the shoulder and the tackle today. Not really his fault. Plus, he's a good defender.

justboy68

Have people forgotten him bailing out the centre backs a couple of times in the first half? he was very sloppy in possession but did some crucial things defensively. Poor for the first goal but Schneiderlin was more at fault. Shame that he's injured again already.

Devil may care

According to LvG's post match presser he was planning to take him off at the 60 minute mark and just did it early after he took that kick, he's not injured.

Esquire

According to LvG's post match presser he was planning to take him off at the 60 minute mark and just did it early after he took that kick, he's not injured.
Jury's still out on Rojo. He's not going to light the league on fire like Evra or Shaw. But he is a pretty good option as backup/role player in the defense. He was not bad yesterday and glad to hear he was taken off as a percaution only. He has that nasty streak and can bully wingers with his physicality.

Devil may care

Jury's still out on Rojo. He's not going to light the league on fire like Evra or Shaw. But he is a pretty good option as backup/role player in the defense. He was not bad yesterday and glad to hear he was taken off as a percaution only. He has that nasty streak and can bully wingers with his physicality.
I think he's fully bought into the club and that coupled with his fiery personality adds something a bit different to our squad, he's a character. I don't see him being a regular starter here but given the way we pick up injuries he should still get plenty of games and is fine as cover in 2 positions IMO.

RedIke

I dont understand the hatred he gets. He always works his ass off, and its not like hes getting skinned every time the opponent gets the ball. He solid, just needs to get right health wise and get a run of games.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I dont understand the hatred he gets. He always works his ass off, and its not like hes getting skinned every time the opponent gets the ball. He solid, just needs to get right health wise and get a run of games.
I think one or two rash decisions he's made have given him a bad reputation eg. the challenge for the Watford penalty and the rush of blood challenge against City away last year where he ended up injuring himself.

On the whole though, I agree, he's a very solid defender who doesn't have any notable weaknesses. He needs a run of games and can be a very solid part of the defence. He's definitely our second best CB after Smalling.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Thought he looked real solid up until his injury, and does add that bit of aggression that we sometimes lack.

Bojan11

I take you didn't follow the first years of his time with us. Silvestre was a very good player between 2001-2005. As left back at first, and then fantastic with Rio.
Yeah I can't remember what season but he was a real brilliant attacking thread in one season. RVN loved him. I'd say attacking wise he was better than Evra.

Litch

Like him but like Blind and Jones, don't know what is his best position, he's neither a CB or FB....

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Yeah I can't remember what season but he was a real brilliant attacking thread in one season. RVN loved him. I'd say attacking wise he was better than Evra.
Indeed. Silvestre was very good for us. And he was always up for a fight :devil:

It couldn't have been easy playing with, at the time, a very casual and at times lazy, Rio. A very slow Blanc and of course Wes was always prone to a mistake or two. Silvestre takes a lot of the flack

kr0nix

Rojo is actually a pretty good defender, who backs himself with the ball at his feet - Smalling could learn a thing or two from him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Indeed, he was absolutely brilliant partnering Rio for the first half of the 03-04 season. It sounds bloody inconceivable and stupid now, but up until January he was pushing Henry as the best player in the premiership that season. Of course, then Rio got that 8 month ban and Silvestre completely and utterly fell apart.

I'll always remember Newcastle launching a counter attack from the halfway line with three attackers and only Silvestre being between them and the goal. He proceeded to slide tackle the first and the ball ran to the second, he picked himself up and came in to tackle the second but the ball ran to the third, and then he got over and slid into him as well to put the ball out. Tackled all three of them.

It was a shame he was only able to be at that incredible form level for a few months, but he also had other good periods.

Zoo

It sounds like Marcos Rojo could start against Watford, despite coming off during Sunday's win over Arsenal. The boss explained in his MUTV interview: "It was a kick. A lot of players receive kicks and they can play the next match."

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Bar one or two nice(ish) crosses, I thought he was complete garbage.

I think it was only due to Blind having the worst game possible that his crap performance went unnoticed. Feck knows why he felt he had to do everything at snail speed.

Classical Mechanic

Bar one or two nice(ish) crosses, I thought he was complete garbage.

I think it was only due to Blind having the worst game possible that his crap performance went unnoticed. Feck knows why he felt he had to do everything at snail speed.
He was terrible. I think he even headed Watford through on goal at one point?

khoazany

Understandable to see him back in the line-up straight away but long-term wise we have young options that can offer more than him in the LB role.

Status
Not open for further replies.