Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
him and Valencia seem to have myserious seemingly forever long lasting injuries. Probably see Shaw back first!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
BBC reporting he trained today with first team squad too.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Valencia as well. Probably don't have enough 'match rhythm' yet though
Yeah Van Gaal the crazy bastard and his "match rythum". After 3 months rest, he should be starting against Arsenal.

Red_Beans

Yeah Van Gaal the crazy bastard and his "match rythum". After 3 months rest, he should be starting against Arsenal.
If CBJ is still injured by the time we play Arsenal we really don't have a choice except to play Rojo

VanGaalyTime

I'm a big fan of Rojo. I think he adds a lot of bravery, intimidation and other psychological elements to the team when he's playing. He's still at a decent age and I'd expect him to become a top player for us over time.

Raw

Yeah I thought he did pretty well in the time he was given. Put in some good crosses and linked up well with Memphis.

It's so nice to have some defensive depth back.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Don't get the Rojo hate. He's a quality player. Better than most of what we have. Gets forward with purpose like Evra used to. Was good to see him playing again today. Was just getting up to speed before his shoulder injury.

RU Devil

Good to see him get some PT. Helps to reinforce our defensive options. Not a bad cameo, but thought some of his passing was a bit short and off the pace.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Great to see he's good even after a long absense due to an injury. He played very well in those 20 minutes or so and it's nice to have a defender back.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
If we weren't down to bare bones at the back I think he would have played a reserve game first but glad he's back, just got to keep giving him more and more match time till he's fully match fit I guess. Surprised he didn't look rusty and he did alright.

Charlie Foley

I thought he actually played really well when he came on. Riley had impressed me, but when Rojo came on I didn't feel like there was a drop off at all on that side. Looked good getting forward as well, real purpose in his drives and link up play.

We're in desperate need of numbers at the back, too, so his return could be coming at a perfect time.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Wish he hadn't been so injury prone since his arrival. Really think he has what it takes to push on and become a great defender. Good in the air, has pace, can pass and drive forward with the ball. A little rash sometimes but CBs need experience and a consistent run, which he's never had.

Him, Herrera and Schweinsteiger have more passion than the rest of our squad put together.

Fer

Nice to see him back. Do you prefer Rojo as CB or LB?

Spock

Rojo is actually a very good defender, but he just hasn't gotten off the blocks at Old Trafford yet. Hopefully, now he will.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Nice to see him back. Do you prefer Rojo as CB or LB?
Centre back. Doesn't offer too much from LB, and when Shaw's back he won't get a look in there.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Centre back. Doesn't offer too much from LB, and when Shaw's back he won't get a look in there.
I agree that he's primarily a centre back, and Shaw is way ahead of him when fit. Rojo is a good backup LB when needed. I prefer him there to Blind as he's got more pace and is a better dribbler. He's got a great cross on him too. Positionally he can be a bit all over the place, but that goes for both positions. Still, very good squad player to have. He just needs to stay fit.

JoaquinJoaquin

Got to start vs Arsenal this weekend. Riley done nothing wrong but I wouldn't fancy him against the calibre of players that Arsenal have.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He managed to not give away a penalty, so gets a thumbs up from me.
How many penalties has he actually given away? Can't think of many from the top of my head.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm not sure if I'd prefer him at centre-half on Sunday with Blind at left-back instead. Blind is slower admittedly, but technically far superior and perhaps more likely to contribute when he does get forward.

Manny

Grammar Police
He only played 20 minutes last night. I can't see him starting on Sunday.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I agree that he's primarily a centre back, and Shaw is way ahead of him when fit. Rojo is a good backup LB when needed. I prefer him there to Blind as he's got more pace and is a better dribbler. He's got a great cross on him too. Positionally he can be a bit all over the place, but that goes for both positions. Still, very good squad player to have. He just needs to stay fit.
I'd say a back four of Shaw, Rojo, Smalling and Darmian will be excellent, potentially one of the best. However, we just need to keep them all bloody fit, or buy good back ups.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd say a back four of Shaw, Rojo, Smalling and Darmian will be excellent, potentially one of the best. However, we just need to keep them all bloody fit, or buy good back ups.
True. It could be great. The only injury-prone concern out of that lot is Rojo IMO. Even before the dislocated shoulder, his injuries seemed plentiful and long. Seems to be a constant in his career. He's 25 and has only made 160 club appearances in all comps.

Smalling's injury history seems to be behind him thankfully, Shaw's injury was a freak one, and Darmian's injuries have been heavy impact ones. He's been bulldozed into numerous times this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sick of English football by now, with the clatterings he's been on the end of. Bizarrely, not one of them was even given as a foul.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The only injury-prone concern out of that lot is Rojo IMO. Even before the dislocated shoulder, his injuries seemed plentiful and long. Seems to be a constant in his career. He's 25 and has only made 160 club appearances in all comps.
He actually only missed 4 matches through injury at Sporting. Its his 10 games of suspensions, the shorter season in Portugal, and not being rated at Spartak so he was benched that have given him the lower amount of appearances rather than injuries.

WhoDaGOAT

Rojo is much better at left back than he is a centre back. His reading of the game isn't good enough for a centre back.

Iron Stove

I already love the mad fecker. One of few players with drive and personality in the side. Glad to see him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.