g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcos Rojo image 16

Marcos Rojo Argentina flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I like seeing shit like that, bollocks to whatever he gets paid, I don't remember hearing that argument when people were fawning over Fletcher and Young doing it.

sugar_kane

It's only a good thing. Why do people have to be so cynical?

He could have sat with the directors or whatever but chose to sit with the away fans, to experience the atmosphere first hand. Not many players do that.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
It's only a good thing. Why do people have to be so cynical?

He could have sat with the directors or whatever but chose to sit with the away fans, to experience the atmosphere first hand. Not many players do that.
Its not just football forums though. Some people walk around like a bear with a sore tooth annoyed by anything and anyone around. Rather pathetic.

It's a nice gesture by him, and even through his struggles here, you can see he's trying to adapt and get the club. Seeing our history with some of his fellow countrymen, i quite welcome this.

JoaquinJoaquin

I like him, He seems to genuinely enjoy playing for the club and is underrated by our fans for some reason, especially considering he has been better than Phil Jones who some still think is going to be a good defender (yeah right).

Kopral Jono

I like him, He seems to genuinely enjoy playing for the club and is underrated by our fans for some reason, especially considering he has been better than Phil Jones who some still think is going to be a good defender (yeah right).
Same here. I get the impression he couldn't believe his luck when he signed for us, and I think he's a much better defender than people give him credit for.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Same here. I get the impression he couldn't believe his luck when he signed for us, and I think he's a much better defender than people give him credit for.
Agreed. If only he had more luck with injuries I am sure he would be starting regularly. I still think he could be a fantastic player for us.

Spock

I just don't understand the stick Rojo gets here. Better than Jones by some distance and can put in a fantastic cross when he goes forward. The only complaint is that he's been prone to injury.

jem

I'm repeating what's already been said here, but I boggles my mind the amount of criticism this guy gets. First, like Evra, he seems genuinely happy to have joined United (a stark contrast to his fellow Argentine that joined us last year.) Second, when healthy, I think he's proven to be a very useful player, one who play multiple positions, has a good cross in him and plays with passion. I remember him having a howler at the beginning of his first season (I think it was his second game, but I can't remember the opposition,) and he gave away a stupid penalty recently, but those are the only blights on his C.V. that spring to mind (well I guess the passport thing wasn't the brightest, but that seemed a bit of a tempest in a teapot kind of thing.)

Fitness permitting, I think he'll prove to be a very valuable member of our squad.

jem

In fact, I daresay I could see him becoming one of my favourites. Vamos Marcos the Red!!

Norris

In fact, I daresay I could see him becoming one of my favourites. Vamos Marcos the Red!!
Here here...that is if van Gaal doesn't ship him off before he leaves. He has all the right attributes and is an absolute beast on my FM save.

Timdbro

When's he meant to be back? We'd be better off if we can go back to our original CB pair with him at LB covering Blind's defensive deficiencies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was playing very well in the LB role before he got injured.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Yeah I think he's under-rated on here. Can be very solid. Has his moments, but more often than not he is a rock at the back. Can whip a good one as well.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
When's he meant to be back? We'd be better off if we can go back to our original CB pair with him at LB covering Blind's defensive deficiencies.
I thought 3 months was the initial prognosis but his injury is upper body related, so he's probably already in good conditioning and he looks to be without any cast on his shoulder in those pictures so may be sooner than that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I preferred that as well, but Blind has been quite unreliable at CB recently, Smalling has suffered from that as well.
Seems like a bad patch of form and hopefully it improves because he is usually highly consistent. That being said I like Rojo in situations where he can react instinctively and not have to make decisions, which is at left back and Blind's decision making is safer at center back.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He was defending quite well at left back and we looked pretty solid but we weren't getting anywhere near enough attacking joy out of our fullbacks. He didn't really have any chemistry or link up with the winger infront of him and for every good cross in, there were 7-8 very poor ones.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wow, that's great news if true. I could've sworn van Gaal said he'd be out until March time.

jb8521

Players still go to training while injured they just do different types of training

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Both rojo and jones are average and they are better that mcmare. The former is more useful cause the latter is a crock.

bugmat

My main issue with Rojo is he can be very rash..but not half as rash as Jones so he wins easily for starting LCB.

Winrar

when is he coming back? he actually looked at least decent whenever he played for us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.