Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Never United quality a time bomb of a player.

ZDwyr

Had a poor game. Looked off the pace all match I thought. Has impressed me more as a LB.

Irrational.

A poor game, but he's better as a LB than a CB. He's far too rash at CB, he can get away with it at LB with players like Smalling there to bail him out.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Never United quality a time bomb of a player.
He's been quite good lately to be fair, but yeah, ridiculous challenge. Hopefully it's a one-off, although it's a shame to see him relapsing into daft errors.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He reminds me alot of Silvestre. He's got all the skills to succeed but lacks the brain. Hence why he's a disaster waiting to happen. In my opinion he's nothing more than Shaw's cover. We should add a CB and RB and the defense will be sorted

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
People are over overreacting. He's a very good CB even if he's prone to making mistakes.
Mostly agree with what you're saying, but very good CB's just shouldn't be error prone. Despite his recent improvement, errors stop a good CB from being a top class one.

ManUArfa

The attacker was backing in to him as he was making the challenge which meant he was never going to get any of the ball. He didn't need to make it though, just staying tight and stopping a shot was all that was needed....

Eugenius

He'd done well at LB in recent games, but that penalty was just typical Rojo. Getting too tight, making challenges that don't need to be made. Might work when you're a LB on the halfway line but not in your fecking penalty box in the 85th minute. No one with half a brain thinks to make a nick the ball there.

goin4glory

Mostly agree with what you're saying, but very good CB's just shouldn't be error prone. Despite his recent improvement, errors stop a good CB from being a top class one.
How many errors have we seen Ramos/Koscielny/Hummels etc make over the past few years? It's the nature of the game when you play as a front foot CB.

Jev

Bit of an overreaction. He's proved himself to be a useful player lately. He's just not good enough to be a United starter, that doesn't mean he's a completely useless player.

togg

It was a mistake..the player had his back to goal and wasn't threatening, but I'm sure he was trying to make sure he couldn't pass to a player in a better position. He's a great squad player and has played really well recently and generally had a good game. People like to get on his back on here.

Halftrack

People are over overreacting. He's a very good CB even if he's prone to making mistakes.
Yeah, he's one of those players who'll usually do well, but then the moment he makes a mistake people will come crawling out to label him as shite and wish him sold.

Lentwood

Never understood why some people have it out for Rojo, apparently he is error prone but don't remember too many howlers. In fact can't think of any. Made a mistake today but doesn't warrant the criticism he has had

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I remember my reaction when Smalling got sent off against City last season, so I will only say, shit happens.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Jeez some people have really bad memories, give the guy a break.

RonaldoVII

There's a reason he wasn't considered ready to start today, be it fitness or travel etc. He got out of jail with our late winner but so did our attack who failed to create/convert however many chances.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Would much rather see him at left back and Blind at centre back. But we seem to like switching them at will.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Thought he had a decent game. Really poor decision to try and win the ball but I think he will learn from that, just glad that it hasn't cost us.

Acole9

Outstanding
Stupid challenge to give away the penalty, could've cost us the match.

DarkXaero

Never understood why some people have it out for Rojo, apparently he is error prone but don't remember too many howlers. In fact can't think of any. Made a mistake today but doesn't warrant the criticism he has had
I don't understand it myself. People have this pre-conceived notion of him as a rash, brainless player who can't defend, when in truth, he has been mostly solid for us. I guess it's because he's tatted up, looks like a thug, and the rash reputation is coming from his days as a Sporting player. There are CBs who are worshipped on here, that make stupid mistakes time to time, but you won't see this kind of reaction.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I don't understand it myself. People have this pre-conceived notion of him as a rash, brainless player who can't defend, when in truth, he has been mostly solid for us. I guess it's because he's tatted up, looks like a thug, and the rash reputation is coming from his days as a Sporting player. There are CBs who are worshipped on here, that make stupid mistakes time to time, but you won't see this kind of reaction.
Pre-concieved ideas play a huge role on here...once people label a player as something, then they will ignore everything else except what confirms whatever bias that they have.

He made a mistake, but he's had a very strong run of form recently, and the comments are over the top.

Green_Red

He doesn't seem to have the most focused head on his shoulders, he is slow, makes rash challenges and needs to shed a few pounds.. typical United full back! lol

RedPnutz

I wonder if the overreacting posters here get fired from their jobs the first mistake they make, expelled from school which seems more reflective of the age goven the quality of posts and opinions.

NotQuiteManc

Silvestre, very good at LB especially his crossings. Had a good season with Rio at CB.

Annahnomoss

Jones is still fighting injuries, but with Blind settled in there and Rojo as the back up we're not suffering from it really. Every time he plays he does well and just need to stay injury free and we also have a 25 year old Rojo who can certainly improve as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair to Rojo he's been very good defensively this season. Rarely has he been beaten one on one or been found out of position. So far he's been impressive when he's played. But he is a rash and aggressive defender and he's always on the edge between dominant and careless. In the copa America he was foolishly rushing into tackles repeatedly. So either we play him at left back always where we can afford the odd foul, and/or he learns that in the box you have to be extra cautious. But he's done well this season despite the very poor mistake.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Jeez some people have really bad memories, give the guy a break.
This.
1. Hes still young
2. He just came here for Sporting, needs time to adjust
3. He has had quite a few injuries and has not played that much
4. He was immense at LB for a couple of games (City and Wolfsbusrg?) and delivered genuine MOTM performances.

Give the guy a break

Status
Not open for further replies.