Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito_

I actually think he's actually very good. I think a lot of people decided he was shite either before he came and then got injured or stuff like the passport nonsense. He looks clumsy at times but he must be very difficult to play against.
If there was actually movement in the box Rojo could have got a bunch of assists...Pretty sound game from him.
Actually I agree with both of these points.

He can shape a really good ball into the box and a number of times this season there is just nobody in there, it was frustrating as I felt at times he didn't want to put the ball into the box against CSKA or he delayed it - let's hope the understanding comes in time.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...os-Rojo-to-profit-from-Luke-Shaw-absence.aspx

Speaking of hard work on the training ground, Rojo also admits to focusing on his crossing and hopes to improve as the season goes on. “Yes, I have, because I always used to play more as a centre-half,” he said.

“When it was time to move over and play at full-back, I had to work at it, both for club and country. It’s something I continue to work on in training, so I can keep on improving. Crossing the ball well, getting to the byline and helping to finish off a move are all key things I need to do in my position.

Good lad Rojo.

Deleted member 78215

To be honest, he's never looked shit in his time with us. Genuinely have no idea why he attracted so much ire. I think people have preconceived notions about his character and apply it to their interpretations of his performances.

Last edited by a moderator:

suheilsworld

To be honest, he's never looked shit in his time with us. Genuinely have no idea why he attracted so much ire. I think people have preconceived notions about his character and apply to their interpretations of his performances.
Well said. Passion is something that is never lacking in his game and he gives it all. Hoping he weans out his inconsistencies and improves his crossing. Quite a stable option at LB till Shaw returns.

suheilsworld

Will his seemingly publicized run-in with LVG (as reported in the media) and reports of LVG not happy with him will have the same effect on him the way it had on Smalling after City red card? I think so! I think the initial disagreements that were reported in the media during transfer period might have inspired Rojo to put in some gutsy performances and come May he might become an important and invaluable member of the squad.

jem

To be honest, he's never looked shit in his time with us. Genuinely have no idea why he attracted so much ire. I think people have preconceived notions about his character and apply to their interpretations of his performances.
I remember one very dodgy performance at the beginning of last season (probably his 2nd or 3rd game for us - perhaps against Leicester?) where nothing went right for him. Other than that, he's always looked good to me. Certainly a great, versatile player to have in the squad.

Devil may care

Rojo has played himself into some form at LB bar the blip away to CKSA. He seems to be less rash and has improved his decision making on when to bomb on and when to hold his defensive position.

El-Manos

He's been rather good since his return from injury hasn't he? If he stays injury free I can see him do very well in that left back position. He's actually a solid defender and delivers a quality cross at times, just needs to do it a bit more consistently. Once Shaw is back, he might have to change position though.

LS17

He's done very well since Shaw's injury. Could well be the best/most consistent crosser of a football at the club too.

Kag

He's in good form. His booking was laughable, too. Mason (Dean!) gave it because he gave a booking to Rondon only seconds earlier and felt he had to make amends.

He then allowed Yacob to get away scot free when he fouled Mata on a counter attack. Shite refereeing as per the Premier League.

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Bar the silly yellow card it was another good performance, gave nothing away down his flank and supported the attack well.
I thought the yellow was a rubbish decision from Dean. It was barely a touch on Sessegnon. He skipped a much worse foul in the beginning, he skipped Yacob twice. Dean's card game was off today.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Coming into his own. Never agreed with the notion that he's comple useless and has no place here. Has all the attributes to be a great defender and he's just 25. Younger than Smalling.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's quite a good passer, a good crosser and can strike a ball so he's certainly not one dimensional, but he is predictable. A big step down from Shaw for me but he's proven he's a very reliable backup and fully justifies his place in the squad. His concentration is far better now so I think he does have a chance of establishing himself as Smalling's long term partner.

Sylar

Think hes better suited to LB than CB tbh. I think long term, he will be a Shaw cover (or rotate with him which is not a bad thing)

VanGaalEra

Was always in the pro Rojo corner and I'm glad he's providing the performance some of us knew he had in him.

Long may it last, he loves playing for us.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I think he's always been solid for us but this is definitely his best run of form for the club. Very good defensively and looks a threat attacking at times, although there's still room for improvement there.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Good again, glad we got the lb position sorted after losing Shaw.

marlowe78

Somebody please get some work in with him on his crossing, he could be immense.

ZDwyr

His crossing isn't too bad. In one match (might have been against City?) he looked really good. Another solid match, definitely looking like good cover for Shaw.

Sereques

Anytime he's playing, you can see he wants to be here. I love players like that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really like him, he is a good player.

marlowe78

Strange, i thought it was one of his better assets
The crosses themselves are sharp but he needs improvement on finding a target. He can be as good as Blind or maybe even better with some extra training.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The crosses themselves are sharp.
I think van Gaal picked this out too, he can really fizz a cross or a pass. After Carrick, he's probably the best at doing it in the squad - really driving the ball quickly across the ground or even in the air.

Deleted member 78215

No fault of Rojo's, I think it's under instruction, but I do wish he'd overlap a bit more. Watching Bayern, their full backs overlap left, right and centre (and by centre, I mean never through the centre because that's not what overlapping is...). When a team has its back against the wall it's a really effective attacking strategy.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Think he's been absolutely fantastic the past couple of games.

Solid in the tackle, put in some brilliant balls going forward and he always gives everything.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Think he's been absolutely fantastic the past couple of games.

Solid in the tackle, put in some brilliant balls going forward and he always gives everything.
Agreed. He has the appropriate balance of aggression and class.

Status
Not open for further replies.