Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
I wonder if the overreacting posters here get fired from their jobs the first mistake they make, expelled from school which seems more reflective of the age goven the quality of posts and opinions.
Rojo's career so far at United has been streaky.

m1y2

I'll back him for now.. this can happen , Jones had also made a stupid tackle once or twice at our box... Jonny Evans was also mistake prone but cut it off only to lose all confidence and become so injury prone. Rojo has bgiger potential however his best position would be LCB in 3-5-2 I guess, he's no more than cover on the left for Shaw and not better than Jones, let him fight for that spot with Jones and maybe McNair, also put Blind in the mix and see what happens if any of the three can raise their game like Smalling did then we are good, there is a good competition right now and we should not rush into any decisions like buying some other CB unless some world class CB is available in the market, I mean we could try to get hummels or maybe laporte or we can actually give a go to one of our golden generation Tuanzebe/williams/CBJ, TFM as of next year or the year after if things are steady but Jones/Rojo have still plenty of potential and don't wrte of McNair with Blind who I in fact see as a back up for numerous positions...

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
As a few have said already. He is a defender who defends on the front foot and is a strong tackler. He will give away many more fouls as this is his style so I'm sure Saturday won't be the last time he gives away silly fouls.

I think he is a very good and extremely useful player considering his versatility - Can't decide whether I prefer him at left or centre back.

kidbob

As a few have said already. He is a defender who defends on the front foot and is a strong tackler. He will give away many more fouls as this is his style so I'm sure Saturday won't be the last time he gives away silly fouls.

I think he is a very good and extremely useful player considering his versatility - Can't decide whether I prefer him at left or centre back.
I think it has to be left back and only cover for centre back. To become a good centre half he'll have to cut that rashness out of his game. Vidic had a similar tough image but he knew when to fly into a tackle and when to step off. Rojo reminds me of Rafael, he tries to get his foot in as quick as possible. When it comes off it looks great but it's prone to conceding fouls and cards. You can afford that more from a RB/LB but it's too risky from a centre back. Also he's recently been our best crosser of the ball which is an added bonus from playing him left back. I'd have him as first choice there while Shaw is out. Obviously assuming Shaw comes back ok then he's clearly our starting left back.

Rojo has the tools to be a good player but he has to learn to pick his rash moments wisely.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Has he even played at CB this season? I don't think of him as one anymore. Definitely a LB, and a pretty decent one.

Red_Beans

The penalty was stupid, but still less stupid than Smalling's card against City last year.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Van Gaal said he was jet lagged and shouldn't have played vs Watford - he was brought on for Herrera while we at the same time changed our shape and conceded the initiative in the match entirely because of it. I'm not going to blame him too much, although the tackle was daft.

He's been very solid for us this season albeit inconsistent on the ball.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yeah, he seemed a bit unreliable at times, but actually manage to pose a decent threat on occasion at times as well.

NoPace

Put a couple of decent balls in but went walk about a couple of times defensively.
He seems to actually have concentration issues, which you hear as a criticism at footballers often but I think is generally bullshit.

Consistently good crossing this season, so that's something. If Shaw comes back strong and we buy a starting LCB and Blind can backup both (along with McNair and Jones for the latter and options like Darmian, Young and from the U21s at LB), I think he'll move on, maybe summer of 2017 instead of this coming one.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we'll be signing some fullback cover in Jan. Shame for Rojo though, he never really seems to get going.

ZDwyr

That's really frustrating. He was doing a solid job as a LB replacement. Probably need to sign someone now.

Red_Beans

3 fullbacks out with long term injuries. I know a lot of posters have been slating LVG for our lack of depth, but this is just massively bad luck

Sb_16

He would be the first Argentinian who goes on to have a meaningful contribution to our history. Such bad luck with injury.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like I said, I don't buy the lack of depth excuse. Our injury situation is just ridiculous. I don't know of any team that can handle injuries to four full backs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He would be the first Argentinian who goes on to have a meaningful contribution to our history. Such bad luck with injury.
In fairness Tevez made a massive contribution to our CL winning season.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
3 fullbacks out with long term injuries. I know a lot of posters have been slating LVG for our lack of depth, but this is just massively bad luck
Haven't seen anyone complain about the fullbacks to be honest.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If we can drag ourselves through three weeks, we need to get in a left back as soon as the window opens in January.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Probably needs a new thread.
Sporting have lost the case to Doyen at the CAS.
They will have to pay doyen €17.5m.
Bruno De Carvalho will be devastated. @Sly

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Probably needs a new thread.
Sporting have lost the case to Doyen at the CAS.
They will have to pay doyen €17.5m.
Bruno De Carvalho will be devastated. @Sly
Not really. Like our President said in the media comunication, this process has just started and we are obviously going to appeal. He kinda expected it tbf. The most important thing for us is that we got rid of Doyen´s influence in our club. And that´s a positive thing, we just have to look at what we achieved so far without them. Two cup wins, one Champions League qualification last year and this year we are just one point behind Porto in the league. We are clearly improving

NinjaFletch

Not really. Like our President said in the media comunication, this process has just started and we are obviously going to appeal. He kinda expected it tbf. The most important thing for us is that we got rid of Doyen´s influence in our club. And that´s a positive thing, we just have to look at what we achieved so far without them. Two cup wins, one Champions League qualification last year and this year we are just one point behind Porto in the league. We are clearly improving
Appeal to who?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Good to see. I don't care if he gives away a few stupid fouls, when you see someone like Jones trying to play football, it's crazy some fans rate him over Rojo.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Jones was absolutely woeful wasnt he, regressed so bad, sad to see.
that would mean that there was a time when he was good.....he was always a bit shit but we all hoped that he will learn and eventually get better.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
that would mean that there was a time when he was good.....he was always a bit shit but we all hoped that he will learn and eventually get better.
Thought he was good under SAF in 2012/2013 to be fair, the bulldozer role suited him. Has had good patches of form last season as well, he always had brainfarts but he looks stupid in everything he does now.

Status
Not open for further replies.