Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

I was having a laugh with you at the length of your post. Anyhow I don't really get your point and I ain't turning anything around. My original point was asking if someone actually rated him as 4-6 best in the league cause I said he wasn't. I then got asked by you for some reason to name not 4 or 6 but 10 better repeatedly (why) I'm not sure. So if anyone has moved the goalposts it is not me.
Anyhow reluctantly here you go:

Koscielny
Alderwierld
Vertonghen
Reid
Luiz
Cahill
Van Dijk
Maguire
Smalling
Bailly

That list could be extended further!

Williams
Jagielka
Matip
Stones
Otamendi
Jones
Keane
And I have probably missed a few!
I don't accuse you to move goal post nor I did intend too like you suggested. I was curious about your list. Here you give it so I am satisfied.

There is no right or wrong here with your opinion. I respect that. I just want to say I think it's pretty much confirmed what I thought in my long post. What I have to say I already said in my previous post. The list confirmed that noone is on Rio Vidic level & IMO if they're to be bought here, we're stuck with this chop & change scheme we're doing. No one can nail on a starting position regardless of opponents with their current level/ overall performance in this season. The quality gap between these guys & Rojo is narrow, even non existent depended on tactic/opponent. Giving these guys a distinct ranking would be an endless messy debate. I'm like you, want us to get elite CBs & settle our defense for years to come, but that's not realistic given the availability of top class CB. Cheers.

criticalanalysis

I was having a laugh with you at the length of your post. Anyhow I don't really get your point and I ain't turning anything around. My original point was asking if someone actually rated him as 4-6 best in the league cause I said he wasn't. I then got asked by you for some reason to name not 4 or 6 but 10 better repeatedly (why) I'm not sure. So if anyone has moved the goalposts it is not me.
Anyhow reluctantly here you go:

Koscielny
Alderwierld
Vertonghen
Reid
Luiz
Cahill
Van Dijk
Maguire
Smalling
Bailly

That list could be extended further!

Williams
Jagielka
Matip
Stones
Otamendi
Jones
Keane
And I have probably missed a few!
You could have stopped at just saying 'he's not top 6 but I wouldn't say there are 10 better than him..' because that list is doing some incredible stretching lol.

Decomposing In Paris

Possibly the most improved defender in the league. A Fantasy Football dream. I didn't see it coming, but now I wonder if he could step up further.

NinjaFletch

We seem to have a lot of important players, Rojo, Baily and Herrera in particular, that give the consistent impression that theyre never more than one tackle away from a red card.

Whenever any of those players get a yellow, I'm instinctively terrified, because none of them seem to have any strategic filter at all. They'll all gladly steam into a 50/50 challenge mere seconds after a booking, as if the very concept of it is incomprehensible to them.

Rojo should've been off twice, Herrera had been, with at least one other lucky escape, and Bailys recent red was the most inevitably thing all season. We were just lucky it came in such a dead rubber.

The weird thing is I quite like it.
Unless I'm forgetting one then I think thats harsh on Herrera whose only red card this season came when he tripped over and got a second yellow. He hasn't even picked up that many yellow cards this season either, which, considering the role he is playing, is pretty good going.

The other two absolutely.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
It pains me that this guy was putting in immense performances at CB all season alongside Phil Jones, yet for some reason we decide to put the clumsy Chris Smalling back in and shift Rojo out to LB, where he's completely out of his depth.

Seriously, I don't get it. Rojo and Jones were brilliant together. So why change it? Bailly, I get. But what has Smalling done to convince anybody he should be our first choice CB, let alone captain? He was crap today.
Because we don't have a LB Jose can trust ... Blind's experience get's him a spot most weeks but he does lack pace. I didn't pick Rojo in my team selection but came within a almost did, based on Jose having done this a couple of time before this season. Similalry if we'd had a strong left side (LB) and our right side was weak (ie no Valencia or Young) I think Jose would have put Smalling and Rojo together and slung Bailly at RB evene though it's not his best position. Jose has often said he likes versatility in his players and that's why he felt Rojo was his best choice. I don't personally agree but I do see his point.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You could have stopped at just saying 'he's not top 6 but I wouldn't say there are 10 better than him..' because that list is doing some incredible stretching lol.
I said he wasn't top 6 but then got asked in cafe logic to name 10!

Jaybomb

Because we don't have a LB Jose can trust ... Blind's experience get's him a spot most weeks but he does lack pace. I didn't pick Rojo in my team selection but came within a almost did, based on Jose having done this a couple of time before this season. Similalry if we'd had a strong left side (LB) and our right side was weak (ie no Valencia or Young) I think Jose would have put Smalling and Rojo together and slung Bailly at RB evene though it's not his best position. Jose has often said he likes versatility in his players and that's why he felt Rojo was his best choice. I don't personally agree but I do see his point.
Rojo has a good cross on him. But playing him at LB is a lot similar to when Jones and Smalling used to play RB. They weren't good there either.

Blind should be our first choice LB. Haven't seen him make any errors thus far.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Rojo has a good cross on him. But playing him at LB is a lot similar to when Jones and Smalling used to play RB. They weren't good there either.
Exactly right! Maybe not everyone recalls those days! Good experience for them both all too often, something v bad would happen!

Blind should be our first choice LB. Haven't seen him make any errors thus far.
Again I have to agree ... he will get beat for pace every now and again but he's smart enough and talented enough to give us composure and make the fewest mistakes as well as the biggest upside. Rojo has become a solid CB and should play regularly, but is out of his depth at LB. Jose is giving him too much credit imho. And his potential mistakes at LB include red cards, significant mistakes &/or serious injury (to hm or someone else). Unless Shaw can miraculously become what we all expected before ... well you know what, and that's unlikely at this point, I think Blind has to start as often as possible &/or in the big games.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I could've swore he'd scored for us before? Goal and an assist in his last 2 games now!

lsd

The Oracle
Deserved his goal for a very good season where he has proved a lot of people wrong.

Plus a very decent finish too

Loublaze

ATLien
Glad to see him score but he got lucky earlier after being out muscled to the ball allowing a one on one with De Gea

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Surprised to see that he only has two goals for United. He was more prolific at Sporting.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Him and probably Valencia are the only two players that can come out with any credit today imo. Rest can feck off.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Surprised to see that he only has two goals for United. He was more prolific at Sporting.
He's been unlucky as shit plus our delivery on corners is pathetic. He's probably been the most attacking defender from corners out of all, maybe with Smalling.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Him and probably Valencia are the only two players that can come out with any credit today imo. Rest can feck off.
Valência is one of my favourite United players currently.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Valência is one of my favourite United players currently.
Aye, no doubt, fully deserved praise from the neutrals as this man does no wrong on pitch and can be seen as a role model to many. Apart from his left foot that is.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Aye, no doubt, fully deserved praise from the neutrals as this man does no wrong on pitch and can be seen as a role model to many. Apart from his left foot that is.
The apple eating gif sorted it for me

Loublaze

ATLien
Are you forgetting him losing a battle with Afobe that allowed him to be one on one with De Gea? Afobe should've finished that chance. It would've been different in this thread if he did. He had a decent game otherwise

Pogbahimovich

Loved him yesterday. Composed defender who actually has some skill on the ball. This is what I wanted to see for the past 3 seasons and we have him. In my opinion he is a first choice and I would like to see him playing with Bailly. Maybe there would be too much aggressiveness if they played together. My pecking order of our centre halves goes as follows
Rojo>Bailly>Johnes>Carrick>Blind>Mata>Smalling

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Good game, nice defending and fine goal... but please, for the love of God Rojo... Stop with the hoofs up the field. Your long passing is shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.