Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

I can't believe the solution to half of our problems last season were sitting on the bench that whole time.
This Herrera and Rojo in last season side and we finish 4th imo.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Best thing for me is how he got behind Bailly today. Ever since that push from shitc**t on Bailly, Rojo was onto him. Kicked him and fouled whenever he could, basically fought fire with fire. I love this guy.

Finally it's him and Bailly, my preferred partnership at CB.

VanGaalEra

Loved the bit where he kicked Costa and then went back to Bailly as if to say 'that's for you mate'.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What a sad, sad excuse. All those goals came down to poor positioning and overall donkeyness. Nothing to do with a toe.
You don't think that someone playing with a broken toe, in a sport that involves lots of running, kicking the ball, and sticking your feet in amongst others to tackle them, might have issues? That it might slow them down, make them slower to react, and just generally hurt their performance?

VanGaalEra

I see the Smalling fan club hasn't been in this thread today.

So weird how you can support a player over what's beneficial for the club.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not only has he rescued his career at United this season but he's put his name right amongst those that will be the mainstay of Jose's next squad. He's gone about his business well all season and has been part of every defensive partnership that has looked good.

Jaybomb

I see the Smalling fan club hasn't been in this thread today.

So weird how you can support a player over what's beneficial for the club.
Its madness.

Rojo this season has been better than Smalling ever was. Blind covered his flaws last season. When he's paired with Bailly or Jones, he is clueless.

Rojo is miles ahead. About time people started realising it too.

roykeane19

I was always a big fan of his, a proper defender, but under LVG, he brang all our players down 2-3 levels. Now Mou is finally getting the best out of the players

Loublaze

ATLien
He's been really good this year. Him and Bailly have been our best CBs but there's no point in making it a him or Smalling thing, they are both our players.

RonaldoVII

Love how much of a hard bastard he is and doesn't take any shit.

My only concern was he looked to have a limp in the last 5 minutes. It didn't stop his movement or kicking of the ball so hopefully just something and nothing and he'll be fine for Thursday.

dogwithabone

Just needs to curb his tendency to get involved in silliness. I know it adds to his appeal but if he can just channel that then I see a really bright future for him here.

Jaxa

He deserves a lot of credit this season because he got a lot of stick previously (which was justified at times)

He's matured a alot and became a rock for us at the back, I really have became a fan of this guy, I love his footballing brain and also his Argentine ferocity, I loved how he dealt with Costa today

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His transformation under Mourinho is one of the most amazing improvements I've seen at our club. Hard as nails and takes no prisoners. Could grow into a Stam/Vidic type player, albeit better looking.

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players, burnt toast and all.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Love how much of a hard bastard he is and doesn't take any shit.

My only concern was he looked to have a limp in the last 5 minutes. It didn't stop his movement or kicking of the ball so hopefully just something and nothing and he'll be fine for Thursday.
Yeah agreed you need some proper hard cnuts at the back and Rojo is exactly that. On the whole we've defended very well this season and hopefully Rojo and Bailly can establish themselves as one of the league's top CB pairings. You do feel way more confident with these two at the back over Jones and Smalling as there are just no where near as many brain farts or panic in possession of the ball. They'll probably get more praise from the media over the coming weeks once they realise that we've statistically the second best defence in the league.

Dobbs

I was always a big fan of his, a proper defender, but under LVG, he brang all our players down 2-3 levels. Now Mou is finally getting the best out of the players
LvG just played him out of position. Revert him to left back now and his form would revert to shit as well. He's clearly a centre back.

LvG made an absolute meal out of managing the team. Never seen a manager overcomplicate like he did.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Seeing Costa's foul again, I am in awe of the restraint with which Rojo played. Especially knowing he is a feisty player. Rashford mentioned the discipline the team showed. In both incidents with Costa, first the aftermath of the push on Bailly and then when Costa lands on Rojo and whacks his elbow into him, Rojo looks to be painfully holding back.

Outstanding today.

Nick7

Hated seeing him on the teamsheet last season but bloody hell he's proper turned that around. He's no left back but a very good centre back and hopefully he keeps it going.

WoodysWallet

Stand out performer at the back, just because of the coolness at which he handled the Costa situations.

Seeing him play at LB is painful to watch, because it's clear he's a CB through and through. His partnership with Bailly is flourishing quickly, and I hope they can both stay fit for the rest of the season.

That time he was mingling with our away supporters won me over. I'm so glad he's turned his career around here.

MadMike

Stand out performer at the back, just because of the coolness at which he handled the Costa situations.

Seeing him play at LB is painful to watch, because it's clear he's a CB through and through. His partnership with Bailly is flourishing quickly, and I hope they can both stay fit for the rest of the season.

That time he was mingling with our away supporters won me over. I'm so glad he's turned his career around here.
Coolness? C'mon now. Twice he lashed out.

He's a very good defender but easy to get under the skin of and prone to trying something stupid (like stamp, elbow etc) to get back at you. It shows great immaturity that's why I never really warmed up to him. He's also a prime hoofer of the ball, more than any other defender.

I'm just putting it on record that I'm not a Rojo fan on a day when he's had a very good performance (again), so that I don't get accused of just waiting for a bad performance to judge him :D

Sylar

It took injuries to others and such, but so glad to see Rojo as LCB and Bailly as RCB. Been crying out for that for a lot of the time but for some reason we didnt see it until just recently.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Best thing for me is how he got behind Bailly today. Ever since that push from shitc*nt on Bailly, Rojo was onto him. Kicked him and fouled whenever he could, basically fought fire with fire. I love this guy.

Finally it's him and Bailly, my preferred partnership at CB.
That's what I've felt, among other things, we've missed as a team these last few years. I remember Zlatan taking out someone after said player went in hard on one of our own a while back. There just seems to be a real solidarity now.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

He's a very good defender but easy to get under the skin of and prone to trying something stupid (like stamp, elbow etc) to get back at you. It shows great immaturity that's why I never really warmed up to him. He's also a prime hoofer of the ball, more than any other defender.

I'm just putting it on record that I'm not a Rojo fan on a day when he's had a very good performance (again), so that I don't get accused of just waiting for a bad performance to judge him :D
I'm the same but his performances are winning me over. I actually thought he was the worst player I had seen in an United shirt last season.

Z_Wolf

He is the best CB we have on and off the ball. He may hoof a lot but 9/10 he finds his teammates.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
For me he has gone from one of the worst defenders in a United shirt to one of our more impressive players this season. Amazing turnaround. Can become a very important player for us if we can improve upon some of his erratic passing.

frank lee madeer..

Love Rojo, always have . I find it bizarre how much flak he's taken for displaying the primary qualities a top defender should have.
A) aggression/ commitment....by caf logic , this makes you a ticking timebomb of a red card waiting to happen for every game for the rest of your career.

B) clearing your lines....this means you 'hoof' according to the caf. In reality he only really does this when we sit back on a lead & the opposition are pushing men up....if he wants to earn the love of some on here , I suppose he'd better learn to dribble out in such circumstances. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.