Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He's going to be majestic. Needs someone to coach him to the next level. Fergie would have had a field day with this delightful fecker.

Wouldn't read too much into his performance today. Only 18 and really shouldn't be playing all the time. Please God he's developed properly.

psychdelicblues

Did have a single/ opening chance created for him all game? He's up against two physical CBs. The play seems to be he tried to escape his marker and wait for Fellaini won his duel or wait for good chance coming in. None of both goes to his way. martial were doubled on the left and for most part was isolated and useless. The rest were so poor to be able to pick up his movement or make any link up with him. Team overall is so average. A little pressure and final ball turns to turd.
Indeed, he was making some clever runs but he's relying on the vision and creativity of Fellaini and Rooney from central positions to actually spot them.

Last edited:

Silverman

Do people feel he should be first choice next season? If yes then it is incredible that a player a lot of fans knew very little about could have saved us over €50-60 million as we wouldn't need a big money striker signing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do people feel he should be first choice next season? If yes then it is incredible that a player a lot of fans knew very little about could have saved us over €50-60 million as we wouldn't need a big money striker signing.
No, or at least not automatic.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Id say he definitely should! It would take some turnaround (big money investments in the squad) to instantly be fighting for the league. If next season he becomes a regular starter then it will be incredible for his development. Plus he's looked more than good enough since he burst onto the scene. It's similar to Kane I think everyone wants him but that's because he was able to lead the line for two seasons. As you say we could save a huge amount of money with Rashford.

LouisDanGaal

No, kelechi won't be first choice for city, and Rashford shouldn't be first choice for us, you need experienced players as well.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
No but there are lots of games and if we are in the Europa league, he should be a good option in rotation. I guess that's partly when many are keen on Ibrahimovic, because he's not a threat long term - we could rotate him (well sometimes lol) and our younger lads can learn from his composure and a little arrogance. Most people didn't think Kane could replicate his form this season....so it would seem blind to say yes absolutely. Mind you Keane and Wilson are excellent options too. The main thing is we need to be scoring a lot more goals then we are. I'm sure that will come into any decision.

WhoDaGOAT

He can play out wide in a 4-3-3. If we played with a high front three, they could all interchange.

We definitely need a replacement for Rooney's old output.

In a dream world:

Martial Griezmann Rashford

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Technically he isn't fantastic to my eyes but you can see the confidence growing in him with every game so there's clearly something to work with there. His link up play with Martial, Lingard, Mata, etc is getting much better and he appears to be much more willing and more skillful in taking players on which is a delight to see.

His goalscoring record speaks for itself, absolutely magnificent.

JackXX

We need another attacking player or possibly 2 for competition and rotation but if he's in form he should be playing. We don't want to be reliant on him (we have seen players have good seasons and regress before) but the way he has played so far warrants him being given the chance to be our main striker I think. Plenty of players have been close to their peak at a young age so whilst I think young players need a break now and then I don't believe in wrapping him up in cotton wool. If he's good enough play him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Do people feel he should be first choice next season?
Not really. I want him to play quite a lot (something like 15-20 starts and coming off the bench regularly), but I tend to think he's not quite ready to be the true first choice. However, he's done well enough that I don't feel that position is the single most important role to purchase a top player for (which is how I felt before his emergence). Similar to how Blind has done at the back actually. I do want an 'upgrade', but they've done well enough that I wouldn't be particularly disappointed with them being first choice next season as long as we make the right transfers in more important positions.

3KDré

He doesn't need to start next year, and he shouldn't be. Deffo should be an impact sub or rotational player. Our squad is very thin and we definitely could do with back ups. I am sure he wouldn't mind.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He doesn't need to start next year, and he shouldn't be. Deffo should be an impact sub or rotational player. Our squad is very thin and we definitely could do with back ups. I am sure he wouldn't mind.
The trouble is, who is available?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Brazil legend Ronaldo on Rashford: “I see some of myself in him for sure — he has courage and he’s fast and is very good with the ball. I think for the strikers they have to be hungry to score and I see that with him. He has an amazing future.’’

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Possibly my favourite non-United player of all time, bloody loved the tubby genius when I was a kid.

3KDré

The trouble is, who is available?
I dunno to be honest, but that's the job of our scouting network surely? We could always go for Kane/Ibra. Selling Chicha was stupid, but we could always play Martial up top and get a left winger in because Memphis can't be relied on.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I dunno to be honest, but that's the job of our scouting network surely? We could always go for Kane/Ibra. Selling Chicha was stupid, but we could always play Martial up top and get a left winger in because Memphis can't be relied on.
But who are the scouting team going to pick up? Whoever they pick up isn't going to have as much experience in the Premier league as Rashford, so his tender age becmes abit irrelvant, they'll be coming in greener than Rashford currently is. No chance of getting Kane and it'll be a stupid to bring Ibra in at this stage. It's fine looking for another winger but we'd be moving our best player out of his best position for a player who am or may not work.

Crashoutcassius

we could just sign chicha back if it was that stupid? 45m should do it?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sky really is the limit for the guy, he just needs to learn how to pro act in the box like Ruud/Hernandez, and deal with the physical battle with CB's better. Apart from that you couldn't ask more of him as a striker.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's achieved a few things this season. He's scored important goals. He's scored one against City and two against Arsenal. He's scored home and away. I think he would do even better with CBJ playing as i'm not sure the quality or timing of the crosses are as good now as when he was in the team. Players should be whipping them in early for the strikers - providing they're in the box. But that's nice words for Rashford. We can't get a head of ourselves though. He will have to keep scoring goals because in this team a lot of players miss to many chances. It's a great start for him though.

Perrick Dubois

Gotta be chuffed with that. Look forward to him going on loan next season and following his progress. A couple of years of solid first team football at a Championship promotion hopeful (or EPL lowbie) and he will definitely be ready at a perfect time for Rooney's crossroads point. Coming up aces for him at the moment.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Gotta be chuffed with that. Look forward to him going on loan next season and following his progress. A couple of years of solid first team football at a Championship promotion hopeful (or EPL lowbie) and he will definitely be ready at a perfect time for Rooney's crossroads point. Coming up aces for him at the moment.
That would be the worst thing to do imo.

Perrick Dubois

That would be the worst thing to do imo.
Send him on loan?... Surely he's proven that he is ready for first team football no matter what the grade? It would be stupid to not send him on loan. Having him play for the 21's and possibly make 15-20 sub appearances (I am talking about Van Gaal, as it is a total dice roll what happens if a new manager comes in it is hard to speculate what will happen) would be pointless. He should be playing regular football at a club where he is first choice and can have a proper impact.

I really highly doubt it will be at United. It would take some serious balls to stick with him as our first choice 50 game a season striker next season. (LVG staying) One has to surmise that playing a lot of games at 19/20/21 with a view to return to our fold when Rooney is 34 and on his way out of the club or guaranteed to take a backseat role due to age.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Send him on loan?... Surely he's proven that he is ready for first team football no matter what the grade? It would be stupid to not send him on loan. Having him play for the 21's and possibly make 15-20 sub appearances (I am talking about Van Gaal, as it is a total dice roll what happens if a new manager comes in it is hard to speculate what will happen) would be pointless. He should be playing regular football at a club where he is first choice and can have a proper impact.

I really highly doubt it will be at United. It would take some serious balls to stick with him as our first choice 50 game a season striker next season. (LVG staying) One has to surmise that playing a lot of games at 19/20/21 with a view to return to our fold when Rooney is 34 and on his way out of the club or guaranteed to take a backseat role due to age.
He will be needed if we're in the Europa League, we could end up with potentially 50+ fixtures next season. No matter who we bring in there'll always be game time and injuries around him. He would be a wonderful option to bring from the bench (something we've lacked) and even start against slow defences or if our striker is on a bad patch of form. Rashford in some form will always be needed for us.

We've got a lot of youth prospects coming through at the same time, best thing to do is to let them fight for spots and prove their hunger. Loaning them off would send the wrong message. Having young players fight for their places has been the best part of this season for us.

EDIT: He also seems to be building a bond with Martial on the pitch and the likes of Lingard off the pitch, why loan him when he's integrating and on the whole, playing so well?

Perrick Dubois

He will be needed if we're in the Europa League, we could end up with potentially 50+ fixtures next season. No matter who we bring in there'll always be game time and injuries around him. He would be a wonderful option to bring from the bench and even start against slow defences or if our striker is on a bad patch of form. Rashford in some form will always be needed for us.

We've got a lot of youth prospects coming through at the same time, best thing to do is to let them fight for spots and prove their hunger. Loaning them off would send the wrong message. Having young players fight for their places has been the best part of this season for us.
If any other manager comes in, my spectulation changes completely. Van Gaal doesn't do rotation at all (he could get lucky with injury rotation again if he is close to the fold but you'd have to speculate at least another one or maybe two top class players are going to be added to the squad before next season starts), plus my gut wants me to see him moved away for fear of being Vangalized like a few of our other first team players.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
He should stay here, he's good enough.

Stacks

No. He is simply not a £50-60 million striker. Anyone who does think that are just being emotional. His talent is there to see. However we need more games to see whether he is at the Michael Owen, Torres, Fowler level (at 19 Fowler scored 25 league goals and therefore one of top strikers in the entire league). I have no issue with him being a back up striker as the guy is 18 and was going to spend another season in the under 18's and possibly under 21's last season but for the injury crisis

GledTheRed

No. He is simply not a £50-60 million striker. Anyone who does think that are just being emotional. His talent is there to see. However we need more games to see whether he is at the Michael Owen, Torres, Fowler level (at 19 Fowler scored 25 league goals and therefore one of top strikers in the entire league). I have no issue with him being a back up striker as the guy is 18 and was going to spend another season in the under 18's and possibly under 21's last season but for the injury crisis
If he did what he has done this season at Lille or Rennes we would all we wanking off at the thought of signing him for 40 million.

Stacks

If he did what he has done this season at Lille or Rennes we would all we wanking off at the thought of signing him for 40 million.
Not me pal. Now way. I am against us spending this much of our budget on Sanches or anyone. Plus I doubt we would be wanking off as he has about 7 league goals to his name

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's so true :lol:
That's not really true, some muppets would but between the posters who thinks that everyone playing outside of the PL is a subpar talent and the stingy fans, a good part of the board would be against his purchase. Now Rashford looks like a great talent and we probably won the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.