Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
You'd be happy with that performance from a player with years of experience, let alone someone playing their 14th professional match. He's a threat in so many ways.

Devil may care

Very mature performance, constantly pressing at the right time and linking well down both channels, he's a diamond!

tom33

Some of the quick pass and move football with Martial and Lingard was just brilliant. Hope the hype doesn't get out of hand, but I'm excited about our future right now.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
His best all round performance for us. Shame he didn't get a goal as he had a couple of good chances

Sylar

Some of the quick pass and move football with Martial and Lingard was just brilliant. Hope the hype doesn't get out of hand, but I'm excited about our future right now.
Same, same, same. I think if we can add one or two players (maybe for the right and up top) we can have a good bunch of six players rotating and keeping fresh for next season.

RRCE

The boy has been fantastic since breaking into the first team. Yes, he's scored a number of goals, which is obviously critically important. His all around game, though, is very impressive. His hold up and link up play - particularly the latter - has been very good. He's tall, strong, fearless and fast. He plays with confidence and hunger. Think back and compare his contribution to what Rooney was offering up top. It's like night and day, and has helped transform our attack to some extent (as a team there's still plenty of work to do in that regard). By any objective standard, he's been thoroughly impressive. For me, he has shown much more potential than players like Januzaj and Wilson ever did. Hopefully he keeps getting his chances and goes from strength to strength. He needs a better squad number next season!

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Quite impressive today.. Like the fact he is seen as a threat now and he himself knows it, which is very good for the team and movements around the box.
I really don't want a new striker. One would expect first season players to naturally grow as footballers, with game time and feeling more relaxed in their squad position. Retaining his position ahead of Rooney, seemed to have unleashed the potential whole package.
I naturally don't think experience is transferable and bringing in a top striker should be to push him harder..not to learn from. Coaches and games will teach him more than any other player.

pseudo_canadian

I was impressed with him once again today.

He plays like a seasoned player, very mature for his age.

Can't wait to see him get even better.

Norris

Just signing even one world class striker with versatility may change it all as Rooney will have to finally fight for place in the squad and like you said from his biological clock's standpoint it doesn't have optimistic prognosis for his future here.

One or two years sounds fair. He's being promoted now to a club's legend status who'll maybe beat club's record or two and end his United journey in full glory. Hopefully parting ways will be as subtle as it sounds. Already created lots of good memories during SAF's era to enjoy his time here.
I personally don't think we need a wc striker. I would be much happier with a Martial, Rashford, Wilson trio for next season and Rooney playing like how he did last night against Everton. But it all depends on the manager.

And to me Rooney is already a legend. I know he's probably not going to get the same sort of Love as Cantona or Ronaldo, but he's been an excellent United player for the last 10-12 years :)

itso 7

The problem as I see it is getting rid of Rooney. With his wages I can see no European club being interested in signing him so the only chance we have is if he would accept a move to China.
I think if we make it absolutely clear that he isn't a key, guaranteed starting player, anymore we will make that decision for him. He won't accept losing his 'privileges' and doesn't have it in him anymore to play himself back into contention - at least not likely. So if he was dropped he'd either feck off or pull his socks up.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Agreed.

Up until this match I didn't think Rashford was ready to be our main striker. Indeed, it wouldn't have surprised me if he 'only' ended up reaching a level somewhere in between Welbeck and Macheda. He's started brilliantly, but many players do and end up falling away.

But after this match I'm starting to allow myself to dream. Almost every match he improves different things, and his all-round game, movement and link-up play is just getting better and better. He does need to become more of a goal threat (after scoring four in his first two games, he's only scored three in the next twelve or so), but the way he combines with Martial in particular but also Lingard is fantastic. Maybe, just maybe, he is ready to go into next season as our true #9.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely love the guy. He has everything I've wanted in a modern striker; pace, strength, ball skills and dribbling. If he could work on his predatory instincts/when to move in the box to get the ball he will be unstoppable.

Shame we can't combine him and chicharito as they would be the ultimate striker

Loublaze

ATLien
Does anyone have a gif or link to the trick pass he made in the second half? It was a very fat Ronaldo or Ronaldinho piss of skill @GifLord

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
who did Elastico in the first half? Him or Martial? Think its him as he likes to do that but im not sure and the pricks didnt show replay...

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
who did Elastico in the first half? Him or Martial? Think its him as he likes to do that but im not sure and the pricks didnt show replay...
Yeah it was him, at ~37:00 mins.

The Purley King

His appreciation of where his teammates are and where they will move to is exceptional already. He has the skill to be able to find the right pass. Because he's got this ability you see players like Martial and Lingard make runs off him that they probably wouldn't bother to do if Rooney had the ball.
Lightning quick and will only get stronger as he gets older.
Plenty to like about him, hope he continues in the team and continues to get better and better.

Sylar

His first touch and lay-offs are class, he's having the classic LvG strikers game where he doesn't get a lot of the ball but he's used it smartly when it's came to him.
Agreed. I think he would also benefit if we pushed to two at the top which would allow him to drag defenders away and leave the space for the other striker (or if we had a good Lampard prime type midfielder to go into).

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He's so scared of physical confrontations. Was non-existent today. Need to get him more involved since he's our second best player.

WhoDaGOAT

Today was a good learning experience for him against a stubborn defence who don't get dragged out of position very often.

Some nice flicks from him here and there and he hit some strikes with real venom, only to see them blocked by the wall that is the Leicester City back four.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He needs to at least compete for the long balls. Never mind that he won't win them but at least challenge and maybe cause a mistake from the CB. Very tough to have a lone striker who doesn't bother at all.

FromTheBench

He needs to at least compete for the long balls. Never mind that he won't win them but at least challenge and maybe cause a mistake from the CB. Very tough to have a lone striker who doesn't bother at all.
He usually does compete for them and has won some vs Likes of demichelis and Koscielny etc.. as well but today vs Huth and Morgan just gave up strangely.

Tried to drift in the right channel but wasn't really in the game today.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Due to being in Australia/NZ all season I've never actually watched him play a full match. Managed to catch the game last night and although he was barely in it, some of his little touches and layoffs are sublime.

ti vu

Did have a single/ opening chance created for him all game? He's up against two physical CBs. The play seems to be he tried to escape his marker and wait for Fellaini won his duel or wait for good chance coming in. None of both goes to his way. martial were doubled on the left and for most part was isolated and useless. The rest were so poor to be able to pick up his movement or make any link up with him. Team overall is so average. A little pressure and final ball turns to turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.