6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

Firstly, Konscienly isn't the measuring stick for being a speed merchant and secondly he didn't win vs him and ended up losing the ball.

As for Bellerein, that was hardly a race - he accelerate for a short burst and thats about it.

My point re. Rashford still stands - he's certainly pacy player but not "blistering"like some would suggest. He has roughly what you'd expect in an 18 year old striker, its not like he's Walcott/Bellerein coming onto the scene with commentators saying "watch out for his pace" before he even played any games.
Heh? Koscielny is one of the fastest CBs around. Also it's funny that you say that about commentators. One of the very first things the sky sports commentators said about him early in the Arsenal match was that they didn't know that much about him but the main thing they had heard about him was that he had explosive speed. So you are basically 100% wrong.

SteveW

Very impressed by his vision and awareness. He seems to show another dimension to his game every time he plays. Like Martial there are no obvious weaknesses

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's insane, having him under our nose all this time in reserves.

Natural talent, carrying his team with finesse.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Looking more and more like a top premier league player with every passing game.

Dobbs

Got his chance because of injury but our two strikers are fit now and he still starts. Made the position his own.

Trizy

Loved that dummy for Lingard. :drool:

Still needs to work on his finishing though. And you can clearly see what being from the academy means to him. Him and Lingard just keep backing each other non-stop on and off the field. Lovely to see.
There's always work needed to be done to improve but I don't think finishing is a problem to be honest.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I can see what Van Gaal means by asking him to stay within the box and keep the two center backs occupied. He's dangerous when he is in the middle and we lose our point of attack when he drifts wide. There's plenty of players willing to get the ball in the box, we need him there to finish those chances.

Raw

Did he pick up an injury? He looked hurt after Darmian scored:

Still, such an exciting talent. Thought he'd just be the generic, pacey, no technique English youth we've seen more than enough of but it looks like he's got more in his locker.

Sylar

His hold up play is fantastic. The way he brings others into the game and his awareness is surprising but pleasant. Hes rapid too which is great for this league.

LouisDanGaal

First few games he was scoring goals and getting into great positions, next few games after that he was getting into good positions but not being fed, but in the last few games he has become a completely different specimen. His hold-up play, link-up play, passing, awareness, vision, creativity, willingness to get involved early in the attack and to take up unconventional positions to try to make something happen is so much improved its like watching a different player, confidence is doing wonderful things to his game. I thought a few games in he could go on to be a good poacher, but his last few displays have suggested there is far too much to his game not to get involved in play before the box. He is the highlight of this season.

Dante

Average bang
Rashford's speed of thought is great. All those flicks, backheels and stepovers are very positive signs for his future potential.

The comparison to Wilson tends to focus on the big attributes. But it's the little things which are hard to quantify that often make a difference. He simply looks like a player who a split second quicker in his head. That's worth just as much as raw talent.

Norris

There's always work needed to be done to improve but I don't think finishing is a problem to be honest.
Nah, his finishing at U18 level was woeful. You only need to look at the Youtube videos to see that. He's been working on his finishing since December in particular and that has obviously helped massively, but I still think it needs working.
For example, that goal he scored against West Ham which everyone raved about. I agree it was a fantastic goal, but he didn't quite open his body up the way he was hoping to and didn't manage to get the curl he would have wanted, compared to how we saw Martial score a similar goal early in the season.
He doesn't quite have that striker's instinct yet in my opinion. He has fantastic movement, but I still feel he's not got the lethal touch like say Chicharito or even Wilson (Not saying this to start another Rashford vs Wilson discussion).

Obviously, he's just 18 and has a long long way to go before perfecting all that. Great talent undoubtedly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Heh? Koscielny is one of the fastest CBs around. Also it's funny that you say that about commentators. One of the very first things the sky sports commentators said about him early in the Arsenal match was that they didn't know that much about him but the main thing they had heard about him was that he had explosive speed. So you are basically 100% wrong.
Yes. I am 100% wrong because Konscienly has "explosive speed" and a video trying to prove Rashford has "blistering speed" actually had him racing Konscienly and losing the ball as he got tackled by him. Moreover, being a fast CB is relative to other CBs.

Don't say a winger has blistering speed and compare him to a CB FFS. Take Wilf Zaha from yesterday for example - he has a great burst of pace but he's not the fastest in the league, or even in the top 3 for that matter. Rashford accelerated down the right wing and Zaha caught up with him from behind. Rashford is fast, but dont go OTT.

Good one.

Petr1

For example, that goal he scored against West Ham which everyone raved about. I agree it was a fantastic goal, but he didn't quite open his body up the way he was hoping to and didn't manage to get the curl he would have wanted, compared to how we saw Martial score a similar goal early in the season.
Yeah, kinda ruined the goal for me! :lol:

Classical Mechanic

Rashford accelerated down the right wing and Zaha caught up with him from behind. Rashford is fast, but dont go OTT.

Good one.
Rashford was running with the ball though.

I think with Rashford it is his pace over 10 yards that is exceptional and that is more crucial for a striker.

My one criticism of him is that he overdoes his dribbling at times, he gets himself in a great positions and then turns again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks a really good talent. He does at times look like he doesn't quite have control of his feet when he's running at defenders. In fact, he looks better for me when he's linking up and does things instinctively as opposed to when he's running straight at defenders.

Irrational.

He's like a younger, right footed version of Martial, minus the death stare and £36 million.

You'd never have known her started life as a winger, the transition to striker has been very smooth. Plus this only plays to his advantage when he drifts out wide, taking defenders with him. So comfortable in possession and doesn't lack the audacity to try out tricks and flicks around the box. Nothing seems to phase him. The boy is destined to be a star.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
What was this about LvG saying that Rashford " is not ready, and he knows that" in today's press conference? Just saw that Luckhurst tweeted it, but he gave no context for the quote.

macheda14

What was this about LvG saying that Rashford " is not ready, and he knows that" in today's press conference? Just saw that Luckhurst tweeted it, but he gave no context for the quote.
He means he shouldn't be playing week in week out, he's not ready to be the first choice centre forward for club and country.

SteveW

Yes. I am 100% wrong because Konscienly has "explosive speed" and a video trying to prove Rashford has "blistering speed" actually had him racing Konscienly and losing the ball as he got tackled by him. Moreover, being a fast CB is relative to other CBs.

Don't say a winger has blistering speed and compare him to a CB FFS. Take Wilf Zaha from yesterday for example - he has a great burst of pace but he's not the fastest in the league, or even in the top 3 for that matter. Rashford accelerated down the right wing and Zaha caught up with him from behind. Rashford is fast, but dont go OTT.

Good one.
You're 100% wrong because you said no commentator said anything about Rashford being really quick when as I pointed out they did. You seem to think I was talking about Koscienly. Could you not read or remember your own post? How hard could it be to remember your own post? :confused: And then you got sarcastic about it. I don't really know what to do other than laugh :lol::lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

You're 100% wrong because you said no commentator said anything about Rashford being really quick when as I pointed out they did. You seem to think I was talking about Koscienly. Could you not read or remember your own post? How hard could it be to remember your own post? :confused: And then you got sarcastic about it. I don't really know what to do other than laugh :lol::lol:
I remember the first time he came on (as sub I think) Mickey Owen also said that he was "lightning quick" and that he was impressed when he has seen him play in our youth teams

ottosec

He's the best thing that we got from this shit LVG reign. Hopefully the next manager continues to play him.

ricky-romeo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hford-delay-contract-talks-finding-agent.html

looking for an agent apparently? i wish every young player from the academy/manchester born handle their career like the way gary neville, paul scholes or ryan giggs did. never really negotiate a new deal for the sake of money but years of extension offered instead.

i read gary's autobiography and when he signed a 7 year contract at the age of 21, some people asked him why did he signed a very long term deal his answer was because the board didn't offer him 10 years,that's why he settled for 7.

didn't expect these kind of things happening now but hopefully rashford and the young lads can avoid being in the news every summer transfer seeking for new deals.

khoazany

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hford-delay-contract-talks-finding-agent.html

looking for an agent apparently? i wish every young player from the academy/manchester born handle their career like the way gary neville, paul scholes or ryan giggs did. never really negotiate a new deal for the sake of money but years of extension offered instead.

i read gary's autobiography and when he signed a 7 year contract at the age of 21, some people asked him why did he signed a very long term deal his answer was because the board didn't offer him 10 years,that's why he settled for 7.

didn't expect these kind of things happening now but hopefully rashford and the young lads can avoid being in the news every summer transfer seeking for new deals.
I supposed you didn't know why Rashford was linked with City two years ago.It's very normal these days for a youngster's camp to put his name on paper to put pressure on the club.Everyone is doing it.Football now is a different business than it was 20 years ago.

Mike09

I supposed you didn't know why Rashford was linked with City two years ago.It's very normal these days for a youngster's camp to put his name on paper to put pressure on the club.Everyone is doing it.Football now is a different business than it was 20 years ago.
20 years ago was also the same thing in term of players need agent for negotiation with clubs, it's about money. The difference is people like Gary Neville, Scholes and Giggs are only care about playing for one same club only not wages. It's understandable if youngster nowdays want money. But I hope Rashford isn't one of them.

RedRevongge

I can see how it is better for a player to protect their careers though. For example, if Rashford signed a (Neville length) 7 year contact for £50k for example, then he is in a much weaker position to negotiate two Yeats down the line if he continues his progress and becomes one of the best youngsters in the world

If he signs a four year contract, two years down the line he only has a short time remaining. The club need to pay him his demands or risk losing him in a couple of years on a free transfer

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I genuinely misread your commentator point was re. Konscienly not Rashford, hence the sarcasm (I was wondering why the feck someone would talk about commentators talking about Konscienly's pace). But the point still stands, don't get OTT about his pace. He's about as quick as Zaha which is fast but nothing extraordinary for his age.

Petr1

Was just an example :nervous:
I did say it was a fantastic goal.
Yeah I know, just messing. Shooting techniques can always be learned by practice so we can just assume that he will become even better :) *Looking at you Lingard!*

Status
Not open for further replies.