6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

I do see the point, but I still argue it probably would make little difference with this lot. At least Ashley Young showed he's willing to follow orders.

Edit: Kind of made that not about Rashford. My point being, I don't think he was going do what he was originally told to do, just because he got shouted at, at half time. He'll get another chance with the games coming thick and fast and can take it then. When you've got a sub that you trust (Young has been actually a rare consistent performer when not injured and professional), you should use him.
It's about confidence building. Getting subbed at half time repeatedly and you get a Memphis. Rashford is still a little kid. If he starts the next game, try and hazard a guess what may be at the back of his mind. I must do XYZ right in this half or I'll be off at half time again." It's the fear mentality as opposed to encouragement. It hinders your footballing instincts. Love and I think another said Van Gaal doesn't encourage or speak to the youngsters and that it is mainly Giggs and Joyce. Varela said he is difficult to speak to, especially when you are used to speaking to someone like Ferguson. The youngsters will just be randomly selected and even then, they got to get changed with other kids and get hauled off at half time if they are having a bad half. In other words its "tough Love" no pun intended, but in my view they are treated like shite rather than an arm around the shoulder. We all need an arm around the shoulder every now and again don't we?

Stacks

Mourinho has the same problem tbh
Really? Some of the biggest egos (Zlatan) love Mourinho. He used to text him every day and told his wife, she has one job, keep him fed etc. I agree he has fallen out with some however I also know that he can be sympathetic. Van Gaal just seems like a tyrant

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Really? Some of the biggest egos (Zlatan) love Mourinho. He used to text him every day and told his wife, she has one job, keep him fed etc. I agree he has fallen out with some however I also know that he can be sympathetic. Van Gaal just seems like a tyrant
I'm talking about when there is an issue, not when things are rosey (as they always were with Zlatan). See Real Madrid and Chelsea x2

Stacks

I'm talking about when there is an issue, not when things are rosey (as they always were with Zlatan). See Real Madrid and Chelsea x2
I see your point and I guess we'll have to take the risk as there are no managers with the man management skills of daddy ferguson. But then again some players said they would've died for Jose. who would for Van Gaal? Jose seems a bit more easy going than Van Gaal. Even though Hazard was disinterested, he still got picked more than not.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's about confidence building. Getting subbed at half time repeatedly and you get a Memphis. Rashford is still a little kid.

If he starts the next game, try and hazard a guess what may be at the back of his mind. I must do XYZ right in this half or I'll be off at half time again.
" It's the fear mentality as opposed to encouragement. It hinders your footballing instincts.

Love and I think another said Van Gaal doesn't encourage or speak to the youngsters and that it is mainly Giggs and Joyce. Varela said he is difficult to speak to, especially when you are used to speaking to someone like Ferguson. The youngsters will just be randomly selected and even then, they got to get changed with other kids and get hauled off at half time if they are having a bad half. In other words its "tough Love" no pun intended, but in my view they are treated like shite rather than an arm around the shoulder. We all need an arm around the shoulder every now and again don't we?
Think that is a poor example, he's just been fiercely underwhelming and he gave him countless chances.

Is that bad? he never hauls them off for trying, it's either when they are doing the complete opposite of what he asked them or simply lack of concentration, ie Varela. Both I'd rather not encourage. Let's not forget these players were never really first team options anyway.

That being said, I understand where you are coming from, there are certainly times to be a little bit more forgiving and not act the way van gaal has. You do have to remember he is fiercely underperforming, even by his standards, so I imagine the idea of comforting someone who has pissed all over his laid plans doesn't appeal. Again, he should be able to see past that sometimes.

Cassidy

I see your point and I guess we'll have to take the risk as there are no managers with the man management skills of daddy ferguson. But then again some players said they would've died for Jose. who would for Van Gaal? Jose seems a bit more easy going than Van Gaal. Even though Hazard was disinterested, he still got picked more than not.
Don't get me wrong I am all for hiring Mourinho, and yes Van Gaal has top players who sing his praises. Muller and Robben for example.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Think that is a poor example, he's just been fiercely underwhelming and he gave him countless chances.

Is that bad? he never hauls them off for trying, it's either when they are doing the complete opposite of what he asked them or simply lack of concentration, ie Varela. Both I'd rather not encourage. Let's not forget these players were never really first team options anyway.

That being said, I understand where you are coming from, there are certainly times to be a little bit more forgiving and not act the way van gaal has. You do have to remember he is fiercely underperforming, even by his standards, so I imagine the idea of comforting someone who has pissed all over his laid plans doesn't appeal. Again, he should be able to see past that sometimes.
He has also hauled Valencia, Darmian, and Rojo off early so its not like he only does it to the kids. If you play shite, you get taken off.

edcunited1878

Don't get me wrong I am all for hiring Mourinho, and yes Van Gaal has top players who sing his praises. Muller and Robben for example.
Funny how "Jose seems a bit more easy going", yet completely alienated his entire squad post-Eva fiasco, which cost him his job and destabilized Chelsea on and off the pitch. Jose and LVG are both successful managers with their own baggage, same as any other winning manager.

Mourinho created a great atmosphere at Inter Milan, obviously it was extremely helpful he was winning and won the Treble with them. But let's not kid ourselves. Mourinho is ruthless and will do anything to win. If Mourinho is manager, he will not have any issue selling Mata for a second time.

Cassidy

Funny how "Jose seems a bit more easy going", yet completely alienated his entire squad post-Eva fiasco, which cost him his job and destabilized Chelsea on and off the pitch. Jose and LVG are both successful managers with their own baggage, same as any other winning manager.

Mourinho created a great atmosphere at Inter Milan, obviously it was extremely helpful he was winning and won the Treble with them. But let's not kid ourselves. Mourinho is ruthless and will do anything to win. If Mourinho is manager, he will not have any issue selling Mata for a second time.
Feck Mata anyway I'd sell him too

m1y2

when he's in the game he's dangerous, maybe the best piece of play came from him when he dropped deep which is interesting..

mu4c_20le

Such a special player. Not just ability but the balls to do the things he does.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Rooney is going to the Euros ahead of this kid...

MoskvaRed

He's got that natural instinct of a finisher which you either have or you haven't. That's why I think he can be a genuine star player (the first we've brought through in 20 years) rather than a good squad player like Welbeck (and I like Danny).

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Top class finish and brilliant game as a whole. Skinned some WHU defenders and scored a belter. Can't ask for more.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seriously where has this lad come from? Had Martial not been injured against midgetland he probably wouldn't have even played for us yet...crazy

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Seriously where has this lad come from? Had Martial not been injured against midgetland he probably wouldn't have even played for us yet...crazy
Had Keane not got injured too.....amazing really.

WhoDaGOAT

Goals against Arsenal, City and West Ham.

Safe to say he's no Macheda. RIP James Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.